Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• U. B. Bold

Re: The Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
    I'm also building my own model. But of Casey Jr. in G scale. I have however considered the possibility of building the NWRR next to it and connecting the two through their maintainence tracks. I think the idea of the two rides swapping trains could be fun.
    That sounds fantastic. I'd love to do a garden railroad if I had space. Do you have pics?
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If not DCA how about on Big Thunder Ranch and beyond the berm, eating up some backstage areas. It could be a different layout but some of the same elements. At least a few small dips though this time maybe please?

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    If not DCA how about on Big Thunder Ranch and beyond the berm, eating up some backstage areas. It could be a different layout but some of the same elements. At least a few small dips though this time maybe please?
    Heck, they oughtta extend the BTMRR into the Festival of Fools Arena and ad some of the elements of Natures Wonderland, such as a Rainbow Cavers show building and then reconnect it with Big Thunder for a roller-coaster finish!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Not bad... But with two seperate rides you could have a more tame Little Thunder Hills beside Big Thunder Mountain.

• Mickey is not my Brother

I too believe that Festival of Fools arena should be leveled and turned into a new Natures Wonderland

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Heck, they oughtta extend the BTMRR into the Festival of Fools Arena and ad some of the elements of Natures Wonderland, such as a Rainbow Cavers show building and then reconnect it with Big Thunder for a roller-coaster finish!
    This is a fine idea and would make a terrific update for an attraction that's now 28 years old. The Nature's Wonderland attraction was about 9 minutes long. Imagine a BTMRR that was even half that long.

It could start out tame, like the old MTTNW, cross the Big Thunder Trail on a trestle, circle a rebuilt Cascade Peak, then head north into the Festival of Fools area, now rebuilt as part of the old Living Desert and Rainbow Caverns. Of course, thing go terribly wrong when the train passes through a sacred Indian Burial ground. The thunder gods get angry and send the train back over the path on another bridge for its wild, roller coaster finish.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    ... Of course, things go terribly wrong when...
    It's sooooooooooo Disney!!

I love the story though. Wouldn't it be great if they did that?! That would bump BTMRR into E-Ticket status immediately, and give a much needed boost to Frontierland!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Well, I've got to add my kudos on your project and illustrations. The Mine Train was one of my favorites - but then all the DL train rides were. Right about the time they removed it was about the time I got out of model railroading myself. I was an HO modeler and did not have the room to keep the set up. I kept all the trains though. (Hoping some nephew would take a shine to them I suppose. Perhaps a loop around the Christmas tree this year for old times' sake.) In fact, I just stepped on an HO scale fire hydrant in the garage last weekend... I had not heard of the scale you are using. Sounds like a Google assignment for me.

Definitely keep us all informed of your progress. I think the modeling - both real and virtual - that the members of this board are showing are great!

• lol what

That sounds fantastic. I'd love to do a garden railroad if I had space. Do you have pics?
    I always wanted to do a garden Railroad too, but my backyard is occupied by my dog, and the front yard is full of trees. D:

I still say someone should do a Big Thunder Mountain Railroad recreation. THAT'D BE EPIC

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

•   

Sadly, no. The show building that housed the Rainbow Caverns is long gone. I just added it to the shot so people could see its location next to the castle.
    Great job on everything. And man, I remember the rainbow caverns from when I was a real little kid, even though I was a bit scared of the dark, they seemed so very cool at the time. It's nice to dig out a good memory that had been filed away a long time. thanks.

Last edited by ktfaye; 11-07-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Very very cool. Looks like a fun project.

Quote Originally Posted by ktfaye View Post
    I remember the rainbow caverns from when I was a real little kid...
    ... they seemed so very cool at the time.

They were cool... about 10-20 degrees cooler than outside. It must have had something to do with the evaporative effect of all that water in "the caverns" but it was definitely cooler.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

The track plan was a meandering figure eight as shown in this WED layout plan that I found on the web:

The notes in red show what still exists in Frontierland, though Cascade Peak is sadly long gone.
    In this drawing you have shown in red "Old RR." Has the Disneyland Railroad tracks be rerouted since they were originally put down?

• Minion

Oh I loved the mine train through nature's wonderland...it was one of my favorites!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by JJ61 View Post
    In this drawing you have shown in red "Old RR." Has the Disneyland Railroad tracks be rerouted since they were originally put down?
    Yes it has. I forget the year ('84, '85? help me out here Steve), but the entire line was rerouted several hundred feet to the north when Videopolis (now Fantasyland Theater) was put in. If you look at old Park maps you can see that the line used to run very straight across the top of Disneyland, whereas now it makes more of an arc.

Edit:
    upon further research I've found that those dates and events are way off. The DLRR track was rerouted in 1964/1965 (not '85) when it's a small world was added to the park. From that time on it never passed so close to the Living Desert. Heck, I was only off by 20 years. Apologies for any confusion.
    Last edited by BigThunder; 11-07-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Correction

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast