Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Miss Marvel

Oct. 31 Mickey's Halloween Treat Meet Pics

The meet was an uber fun way to celebrate Halloween! Batman (excuse me, Indiana Jones) and I brought our friend along. He showed up at our house without a costume. So Indiana gave him a costume that was used in a play he wrote. The character? Menstrual Man. We'll just call him AS. Why? You'll find out later.

First things first. We decided to head to Mickey and Minnie so we could have photos before the line grew obnoxiously long. And as we were there for rope drop, that wouldn't be a problem.

But, on the way, I found the Queen of Hearts. And as MaryAnn in Wndrlnd, I simply MUST have a royal portrait with her.

Lucky for us, Cruella de Vil happened to be with her! And our Tinkerbell is as much of a "friend" to her as anyone else. So we had a group photo with the two of them.

From Left, Back Row: Indiana Jones, Napoleon Dynamite (DisneyIPresume), Tinkerbell (Adelade), Cruella de Vil, Queen of Hearts, Pumpkin Queen (TikiRoomLiz), Menstrual Man (AS)
    Front Row: Clark Kent (PEZZ Lightyear), Alice (MaryAnn in Wndrlnd)

We then, as Indiana proceeded to run towards every candy station as if candy was disappearing off the face of the Earth tomorrow, queued up to meet the host and hostess of the evening.

We then stuck to candy collecting and rides for the rest of the night as it was AS's first time in DCA. He definitely saw why they were dumping more money into this place.

Towards the end of the night, after a PRACTICALLY REQUIRED ride on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, we watched the cavalcade. I took a few pics I thought were nice.

We then proceeded to the Animation Building to finish up our trick or treating. While there, we met a very nice CM who had a tray of candy left over that she let us pick and choose from. I finally received some DOTS without having to ask for them. YUM!

And this, my friends, is where AS stopped in the middle of the main room and smiled like a kid in a candy store. AS finally found something in DCA that he thought was worth coming into the park for.

We then proceeded through to the Beast's Library. Where, after about five minutes, we were asked to depart. We looked at our watches. YIKES! 10:30?! The event was over! As we hustled out of the building we saw a group of cast members looking like they were waiting for us to leave. Not rude, but smiling, and wishing us good night. I said thank you for waiting for us, and we were followed out of the building, as the last guests out.

As our final act for the night, Indiana and I had to have a picture together.

Indiana then tried to get fresh with me.

This was too much for Alice. So, we left the park and went to Denny's. Then, Indiana and I came home and had food poisoning all night. BLEH!

All in all, an extremely enjoyable way to spend Halloween. Except for the food poisoning part. My favorite moment had to be when this little girl, no older than 7, dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, walked up to me and said, "Cute costume." I almost melted right there. We chatted about how Dorothy is my second choice for Halloween costumes. Later, I ran into her again in Hollywood Studios. She waved at me from seven feet away and yelled, "Hi, Alice!" That made my night.

Now, why do I call my friend AS? Because, as of today, AS has joined the boards! He had such a good time yesterday, he had to continue the fun! Please welcome AnimationStudio to the boards.

THE END
    Last edited by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd; 11-02-2007 at 01:11 PM.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• .8 miles from the park

Re: Oct. 31 Mickey's Halloween Treat Meet Pics

looks like you had great fun, I have yet to go the the Halloween Time at DCA, I think I'll look into it next year

• Circle of Ancients

Yay! Photos!

MaryAnn you and hubby are so cute.

I love the group shots. Great costumes, I especially love DisneyIPresume-David's hair do.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

• Banned User

How cute!!!! I loved the photos, especially the one of you being shy Alice while Indy put the moves on! haha!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Fun stuff! Thanks MaryAnn

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

you know what's weird, my friend and her husband dressed as Alice and Indiana Jones last year for Halloween. i did a double take at those pics :P

• Neep meep beep

Awesome great trip report and photos! It looks like you guys had so much fun.

The only thing is... I was there first!

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    you know what's weird, my friend and her husband dressed as Alice and Indiana Jones last year for Halloween. i did a double take at those pics :P
    Dude. *Twilight Zone theme plays in the air*

Thanks for the kind words everybody.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Awesome great trip report and photos! It looks like you guys had so much fun.

The only thing is... I was there first!
    OHINYOURDREAMS!!!!!!

• Hangin Around

Great pictures. I love that everyone dressed up.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    How cute!!!! I loved the photos, especially the one of you being shy Alice while Indy put the moves on! haha!
    Yeah, I don't think Alice quite knows what hanky-panky is.

It really was a fun night, but as Mary pointed out, I did not think much of Californialand. Now, I'd like to go back once the "reimagining" is done in 2010, but until that time, DCA is merely a battle suit for THE ANIMATION BUILDING.

Oh my god the animation building! I need to go back when the other rooms are actually open. I swear I will build a home in there.

• For You!

Your pictures are great

But, your costume made me wonder - were there any guests that could have passed for DL characters??? Or were actually mistaken for the characters?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Awesome report and pics, gwen......... Gywen............ errrrrrrrr, Mary!!

Well, I didn't really want to dress up like Errol Flynn and be mistaken for The Human Robin Hood.

• Senior Minion

Your costumes are great. Thanks for sharing your night.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast