Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Update: 11/2 - Pumpkins down, Castle Snow, NOS Decorations up - Dang They're fast!

I just happened to be over at the DLR this morning : and was shocked at how quickly they went from Halloween to Christmas and the Holidays. First of all, the banners in DTD have all been replaced as Halloweentime is officially over...

The candy corn is gone from the DCA letters...

And the Mickey and friends pumpkins are gone from the main gates...

The Halloweentime Mickey floral is back to normal Mickey...

and the bunting is down around Mainstreet:

And the pumpkins have completely disappeared....starting with the giant Mickey by the flag pole:

And, as was reported yesterday, the snow is now beginning to appear on the castle...

I think the snow will look spectacular at night. During the day, I'm wondering if the freshly scrubbed bright look of the overlay tiles will make the rest of the castle look a bit dirty and drab. It's extremely cool, either way, to have some winter feel to the castle and I can't wait to see it once it's finished.

(More to come, including MOST of the decorations already up in NOS and Hollywood in DCA...)

Click here for Part II

Clcik here for Part III

Click here for Part IV
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-04-2007 at 10:43 PM.

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Update: 11/2 - Pumpkins down, Castle Snow, NOS Decorations up - Dang They're fast

I knew it! Ok no fair starting a totally awesome nite time pictures thread and then not finishing it to go on a snowy castle fact finding mission....now go finish the other thread!!!

I am kidding of course.

Thanks for the pics, looks like they got some additional parts of the roof covered with the snow overnight. They are sure getting things up fast (although I guess they will need them up to test before the fireworks premier in two weeks)!

Can't wait for the rest!

A little piece of heaven

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Update: 11/2 - Pumpkins down, Castle Snow, NOS Decorations up - Dang They're fast

Oh my gosh, look at that!!!

If it weren't for the way the folks in that picture are dressed, I would've thought that Anaheim must have been below freezing this morning!
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Me and Tommy Kirk

MORE MORE MORE!!!

Excellent trip report. I love the captions between the pictures. It's also interesting to see more snow there today than there was yesterday. I'd really love to see white Christmas trees in the moat again (Please Disneyland??!!).

Thanks for sharing - keep going!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

It seemed like yesterday that I was getting all excited over the Halloween decorations. And now, Christmastime is just around the corner.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I knew it! Ok no fair starting a totally awesome nite time pictures thread and then not finishing it to go on a snowy castle fact finding mission....now go finish the other thread!!!

I am kidding of course.

Thanks for the pics, looks like they got some additional parts of the roof covered with the snow overnight. They are sure getting things up fast (although I guess they will need them up to test before the fireworks premier in two weeks)!

Can't wait for the rest!
    I was wondering if anyone would notice that I haven't finished by night shot thread yet. My curiosity got the better of me this morning. I'll try to finish both threads by tonight.

• Let's all go . . .

649.8 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

More pictures, please!

The castle looks pretty fun. I wish I was there!!!!

• Banned User

Love it!!!! I cannot wait to get there December 1 !!!!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Admit it. You've got a cot stashed somewhere at the resort, you've been sleeping on. You haven't left in days!!!

Thanks again, I look forward to the continuation of both threads!

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Lowering Expectations

I noticed that Goofy is back in his silver-blue YoaMD attire.

I'm not a fan of the new YoaMD DtD banners, along with the M&F Tram station ones. But not to worry - give it two more weeks and like magic they will change again into Holiday signs!

Haha.

• living to haunt

I love the look! I can't wait to see it for myself. Thanks to everyones pictures I am keeping the grandkids updated so they feel like they are taking part in the process! Thanks for GREAT pictures! As for being worried about the brighter roofs making the bottom look dull, that is the way of every building in the snow. The roofs and the ground are bright and the building is dull, thus adding lights! Again thanks for great photos!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It sure looks nice. Can't wait until it downright cold at night, it'll look like the genuine article.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Main Street looks bare after all the pumpkins and banners and stuff. But fortunately it won't be that way for long. I am planning to go on the 8 th (my birthday) and wonder how much will be done by then. Love the snow!

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Main Street looks bare after all the pumpkins and banners and stuff.
    Also it looks like the flower baskets are missing too!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

After the castle, it was off to Frontierland and NOS to see what, if anything, had changed since last week. And as I was looking at the sails behind NOS...

I noticed that the holiday decorations were indeed up already!

I know that some will say that this is too early, but I love this time of the year, and it goes by so quickly. I would say...the longer we get to enjoy these decorations, the better.

One last shot as I left Frontierland...

(More to come...)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast