Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocket Jets

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Rocket Jets

Belive me, little kids aren't afraid of rides like that. Some may be, but really the majority would still go up on it!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Basking in birthday love

The fact still remains that the park desperately needs more A, B, and C ticket attractions to get people out of the walkways. True, it's not the most imaginative or thrilling ride, but it looks cool, it's fun, and it will get people going to Tomorrowland and get them out of the lines for other kid-friendly rides, like the stuff in Fantasyland. Moving the Rocket Jets back and giving them an updated feel like what JiminyCricketFan described would do only good things for the park.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I'm terrified of heights and I can't wait to ride those rockets up there again! It actually makes it just a little more thrilling... but you're in Disneyland so you know your safe. (well, unless your rocket flies off or something.)
    Hmmmmm . . . haven't ridden Thunder Mountain in a while, have you?

I would love to see the Rocket Jets returned to their classic "New Tomorrowland" location. I rode them as a kid and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Where the Astro Orbiter is now kills Walt's original concept of the "weenie" that draws people into each land from the Main Street, USA hub. The Astro Orbiter blocks the view--granted the view ain't so great these days--that might otherwise invite people into Tomorrowland.

CLASSIC!!!

Tim

• Iron-Clad Allie

Intriquing to say the least are JimminyCricketFan and Tom Chaney's ideas of placing the Astro Orbitor (Rocket Jets) back up on the platform along with new twists. Random drops and extended hydrolic spoles would add a new deminsion to the ride. Joy stick control of inside/outside and extended up/down motion would be a blast. Speaking of such, a mounted laser light gun on each rocket would make for colorful night-time fun. A Laser Taggish type of game could even be made out of it - and points counted up as with Buzz.

There are two other spinners for kids that are afraid of heights - DL's Dumbo and DCA's Flick's Flyers. What was taken down during the Pressler era needs to be put back, plain and simple. Although I disagree with you on this one MotorBoatCruise2005, this is an awesome post! Various views have been expressed without so much as a hint of animosity from anyone.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Thank you Ride Warrior. I put some thought into it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

How can you not just love it!

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

All I have to say is that I was scared S*$%less of the Rocket Jets as a kid, and it was taken down before I got the chance to ride it as a teen, so I would love for something to be back up there. My family tells me of some sorta parachute ride that used to be at Knotts, that I screamed bloody murder on when I first rode it. Maybe they could do a rocket blast off sorta thing up there. Who knows.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Now you're talking! OK... let's spend a little more of Walt's money. Add hydraulics to the spokes to you can extend them with your "joystick." Forward=up, Back=down, Right=out, Left=in. When you descend, the rocket nose points downward. When you ascend, the rocket nose points upward. Now you've got a genuine sensation in three dimensions! This might not actually be possible since it would create a balance nightmare on the attraction, but the Imagineers have a pretty good track record for doing the impossible. And maybe make the rockets just a hair bigger so two adults fit inside a little better!
    Now that's a good idea.

• Minion

I think the Astro Orbiter should go INSIDE Innoventions. Nice, big, rounds room. That way you can put all sorts of cool show elements INSIDE like star fields and other projections in a similar style to Space Mountian, but with a twist. Each car has a computer screen and the joystock not only controles the rockets motion, but a small computer game playing in the screen. Like dodgning random astroids! If you hit one, your rocket shakes or something. The future of rides is interactivity.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Sounds pretty cool. Orbiter inside Innoventions...Yeah!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

That's not a bad idea, you could have affects in the room, and lasers on your ride vehicle, shoot an astroid or something and theres like a flash and it's gone!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12