Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ride numbers at D.L

Does Disneyland,Calfornia adventure keep a tally of the number of guests that ride each particular attraction over a given time frame. Be interesting to know which is the most popular.

• =)

Re: ride numbers at D.L

Yep. Actually, keeping track of this number and keeping it high is a huge part of successfully designing and running an attraction. Theme park companies refer to this as THRC (theoretical hourly ride capacity), and it's one of the most important factors in the design of a ride. It's not so much influenced by the ride's popularity, though--it's influenced simply by how fast the ride can move people through. You've got factors like how fast the ride is, how many people fit in the vehicles, how many vehicles can be on the track simultaneously, and so on all affecting the THRC.

• :)

Yes. Every attraction at Disneyland keeps a tally of guests, it's called their "Guest Carried Per Hour" or Hourly Guest Total....Everytime someone walks through a turnstile, it counts them as 1 number unit in a computer, Attractions which dont use turnstiles have small sensors, one on each side of the exit, and everytime its broken (A person, hand, whatever) It counts them as 1 person...The CM's also have buttons to backdoor small children and guests who go through the exits which does the same thing. TDA loves these numbers.

• I'm not really here

Zeus beat me to it. But yeah, they keep track of those things VERY closely. It's how they determine peak times for rides and can have extra staff pre-scheduled for a ride at those times, not to mention which rides aren't performing as well as they should. I'm willing to bet these numbers are looked at very often.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Sometimes the counts are high because the tyoung children seem to play with them by making it spin!! Wich can be a curse and a blessing!!

• I'm not really here

Pooh CM: Hey, little boy, please don't spin that turnstile please!

*** Later that day ***

Management: Pooh seems to be getting record numbers today! We should drop that idea to rethink it for now.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Blog Entries

No, it's more like:

Management: It seems that the attraction can hit the counts, let's raise higher so they can't reach it! (Or they can reach it no problem!)

That is more like it. That happened on one of my rides. Our management raised it from 423 to 450 and we could barely hot 423 as it is!!

423 to 450
    450 is easy to hit if you have to CM's that are willing to do it. We've hit over 500 no problem. You just have to have the second CM get out of Tower when the rockets land and not just stand there staring at the guests coming in...

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• Can Only Wish For More!

I remember my leads at Bugs would look at those numbers during the 2fer!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I have seen MULTIPLE CM's turn turnstiles to increase numbers...

Now, are they doing it to add the folks missed, such as wheelchairs and others, or are they just "padding" the numbers ???

No comment....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    450 is easy to hit if you have to CM's that are willing to do it. We've hit over 500 no problem. You just have to have the second CM get out of Tower when the rockets land and not just stand there staring at the guests coming in...
    It depends on who you work with, new hires tend to be slow. Actually, you can't leave until the rockets have stopped completely and when safety is letting people in, you urge the guests to move all the way forward to keep the counts high. Or Safety opens the second gate, while tower helps opens the first gate.

The most "popular" rides are the ones with the highest hourly capacity. They rate about the following on an average busy Saturday:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
    2. It's A Small World
    3. Haunted Mansion
    4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    5. Disneyland Railroad (3 train operation)

For the past five months Winnie The Pooh has been getting better hourly counts than Finding Nemo. The Pooh Leads want to have a contest this Christmas against Nemo to see who can get the highest daily counts, only because they know they'll win. Does that mean Pooh is more "popular" than Nemo? Pooh has more people ride it in a day than Nemo, but what is the true determination of how "popular" something is?

• Goofy

I don't believe it pooh popular than nemo gasps. lol.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

It's not fair, Nemo is still new!! It is it's first Christmas season. They are still working the kinks out!!

• Goofy

lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast