Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

Clock Above Fantasyland Castle Gateway

I dont think this has been brought up before, but There is that giant rusted gold clock above the castle entryway on the Fantasyland side, Does anybody know what its signifigance is? From what I heard is that it's been there since the park opened, and it was stoped on the time Walt gave his dedication speech but I am unsure since there are so many rumors and untrue facts floating around! Thanks!

• I'm not really here

Re: Clock Above Fantasyland Castle Gateway

I just noticed this clock on our last trip (May 07). I had never seen it before for some reason. I love it. How it hangs there. It's a beautiful clock. I got a picture of it somewhere.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Hmmmm...I've never noticed this. I don't spend too much time in Fantasyland these days, so I suppose that makes sense. Photos, anybody?

• Oh my Goodness!

I heard that the clock was stopped at the time that Walt Disney died - but I don't know that for sure. I like the clock - it's really pretty.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, and we stopped to talk about the clock during that time.

There are several rumors, and no one really knows which is accurate. There are two likely reasons:

1) As previously mentioned, Walt's speech.

2) If any of you are familiar with the film Sleeping Beauty, the 3 good fairies literally put the rest of the castle to sleep, "until Rose awakens." They even put the candles to sleep-so, of course, they put the clock to sleep as well. Just a cute reference to the film.

I like both explanations, but no one really knows.

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    2) If any of you are familiar with the film Sleeping Beauty, the 3 good fairies literally put the rest of the castle to sleep, "until Rose awakens." They even put the candles to sleep-so, of course, they put the clock to sleep as well. Just a cute reference to the film.

Ooooh I like this one! I'm going to adopt that explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, and we stopped to talk about the clock during that time.

There are several rumors, and no one really knows which is accurate. There are two likely reasons:

1) As previously mentioned, Walt's speech.

What time does the clock show? I would assume since it is Sleeping Beauty's castle, the second choice makes the most sense.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Wow it is not even a real clock. I have never heard any stories about what the time means. I am guessing it was just bought that way.
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Obviously it's not a real clock but it does look like one and I'm sure the time means something....Hmm...I'm guessing either the Cinderella Story or Walt's speech..I dont think they would stop it at the time walt died but you never know..

• I'm not really here

Found my image of it. This is from the back (heading north through the castle)

I love the story about the fairies putting even the clock to sleep. That's cool.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Thanks! Thats a great picture I wish we could see what time the clock is stoped on though!

• I'm not really here

7:57 or 11:35.

• Minion

Check out how the roman numerals are "backwards" from this point of view. I think it's stopped at 12:23.

• Minion

If the tale about the 3 fairies is true, then I think 7:57 would be the time depicted. In the film, they froze everything under their spell just after the sun set.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

ORWEN: At first us Cauldron girls thought you were all talking about the clock on the tower over the entrace to what used to be the Tinkerbell Toy Shop. (What's that shop called now?) Anyway, THAT clock is in good working order--or used to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast