Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 11/3-4: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... +MORE

A quick update of lots of Christmas decorations.... I'll keep the words to a minimum 'cause I'm tired

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    The Harbor Blvd marquee is getting clouds painted on it...

New billboard designs at the Mickey & Friends tram stop... Yawn

And new lamppost banners in Downtown Disney...

New AP ad at the Security Check billboard. Whoever designed this needs a new job. Talk about boring...

New floral Mickey:

SLEEPING BEAUTY WINTER CASTLE
    Lots of pictures of the Snow Castle overlay....
    The following images are from November 3

Pigeon!

Seriously, this is gross. Can somebody clean this mess up?!

The trees and bushes around the Castle are covered in lights

This bridge by the Castle needs some TLC..

The following Castle photos are from November 4:

Questionable icicles...

A banner pole was missing...

...Yikes... are the exposed plugs and tackiness considered bad show?

Embedded LEDs

A FRENCH QUARTER CHRISTMAS
    New Orleans Square decorations are essentially the exact same as last year... Lots of lights, maybe too much for my taste. But the lamppost dressing, hanging ornaments, and the garlands throughout are excellent.

I really liked these stars for some reason...

...The stars at night...

I hadn't seen this before... but Oogie Boogie works in the New Orleans Square popcorn cart during the Holidays...

RIVER BELLE TERRACE
    Part of the River Belle is out from behind refurb walls with new paint...

WELCOME TO DISNEY'S DREAM ADVENTURE!
    So much for losing the tacky Year of a Million Dreams decorations. I don't know what's worse - the pastel-colored graffiti from Florida, or this muck that now graces the DCA turnstiles. Yikes.

...At least the CALIFORNIA letters are golden again, for a while.

HOLLYWOOD HOLIDAZE
    Inside DCA, the Hollywood Pictures Backlot is decked out in its Holiday ..er... finest...

...I don't even think they really try with the decorations back here...

SAN FRANCISCO STREET
    ...On the way to San Francisco Street, the Golden Vine Winery has one wreath for the holidays. Yup. One.

Palace of Fine Arts

FINDING NEMO SUBMARINE ... WHAT?
    All of the merch for the Subs has been wiped out of Tomorrowland. So if you missed out on that attraction poster t-shirt, I doubt you'll ever have the chance to get it again.

The Tomorrowlanding shop which proudly advertistes "Gifts from Outer and Liquid Space" only sells hats now.

Lots of hats.

But no fish.

Except for the posters... that you can't buy.

The Star Trader still has its Nemo window display.

But inside... no Sub merch is to be found... but if you like Pirates, you're in luck!

...Alright... that's about it. Thanks for looking
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 11-05-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 11/3-4: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... +MORE

Thanks MG! I didn't get close to see the castle and I'm glad I didn't. A LOT needs to be done. I guess if my lights on the house look like crap, I'll just show these pictures to my wife and say "see, it looks better than the castle!".

Nice shots MG, great detail as always.

• Can Only Wish For More!

The decorations that are in Hollywood, look like the real thing that is in the city of Hollywood. I say that's a bit of realism!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Disney worshipper/geek

Well, the decorations in the Hollywood Backlot, I think are supposed to mimic the decorations actually in the area. Because I always love seeing those stockings on the lamposts. kinda works for me. It will hopefully get a little better detail once the park gets its overhaul.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    The decorations that are in Hollywood, look like the real thing that is in the city of Hollywood. I say that's a bit of realism!
    I've heard that excuse before, and I think it's a cop-out. I'm sure every window on Main Street in Walt's hometown wasn't lavishly decorated with decorations. I'm sure that some shops just didn't get into the act, or there were some scrooges here and there.

Does that mean some of Main Street should be left bare or cheaply-decorated to maintain "realism"?

No, I don't think so.

The Hollywood Pictures Backlot doesn't need the cheap junk that plagues real Hollywood. Give it something well-designed. Perhaps individualized garlands or Christmas lights for each facade on the strip. They do it in New Orleans Square and Main Street. Why not in DCA, too?

Oh, because its just DCA. Nobody will notice.. afterall, the rest of the park is cheap, right?

| | |

• Banned User

As always, you take amazing photos!

Mums and Christmas decor don't go together for me! But, I LOVE the Courtyard of Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    ...The stars at night...

"...are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap* deep in the heart of Texas!"

Sorry, couldn't help it.

When I was down south 2 weeks ago, I saw all the Nemo merch in the Store Command as I was exiting BLAB.

I don't know if it is all still there now, but it was 2 weeks ago..

Thanks for the update.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    "...are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap* deep in the heart of Texas!"

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    Sorry, couldn't help it.

When I was down south 2 weeks ago, I saw all the Nemo merch in the Store Command as I was exiting BLAB.

I don't know if it is all still there now, but it was 2 weeks ago..

Thanks for the update.
    Ah... then that's where it all must be hiding. I noticed a whole wall of Cars merch in Store Command a while back... is this shop becoming Tomorrowland's Pixar central?

| | |

Ah... then that's where it all must be hiding. I noticed a whole wall of Cars merch in Store Command a while back... is this shop becoming Tomorrowland's Pixar central?
    Pretty much...Toy Story, Cars, Nemo, and Incredibles were all located in the Store Command.

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

HPB used to have a little better set of decorations anyone eles remember when they put those star things on the lamp posts?

Anyways great pics as always!
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    It's just like Your Town, USA. All I have to do is go to my local mall and see all the decorations and tell myself: It's like being in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot @ DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post

Oh good! I am not the only one!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Nice pictures!! Castle is coming out nicely!!

Well, it's good to see that they are still selling the spray bottles. I mean who needs a spray bottle in the middle of Fall, when it's COLD!?!?!?! LOL

• Mickey is not my Brother

Great Pictures, the Castle is coming along

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast