Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

What rides just have to be open?

For you to call your visit to the park "complete"?

I've never been to DL when EVERYRIDE was in operation.

First visit we missed Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Indy.
    Last visit we missed Haunted Mansion (I think that was it)
    Next visit we will miss IASW, and the Jungle Cruise.

We cancelled a trip once because Splash Mountain was down the whole week we would have been there. We just had to bail.

We've decided that POTC and Splash HAVE to be open for us to go.
    We don't go that often, (every two years), and at the cost of major $$$ for all four of us to go, we have to make each visit really count.

My question to you all, is there any rides that just HAVE to be open for your visit to be complete?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Re: What rides just have to be open?

Haunted Mansion and Pirates. As long as I have them, I can accept other closures.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

POTC have to be... or I would have to rebook...lol

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sorcerer View Post
    My question to you all, is there any rides that just HAVE to be open for your visit to be complete?

Nope, we enjoy what we can, when we are there.

We don't consider any one ride a "make it or break it" thing for us on our trips.

Our trip is "complete" when we hit the exit turnstiles on the final day of our trip.

Enjoy! (or at least try to)

• Hiding in the shadows

POTC is the one ride we almost 100% go on every visit. I don't know that it would stop me from going or anything since I go about once a month anyway, but yes if I was planning a major family vacation, that would have to be open.

A little piece of heaven

• Second star to the right

Definitly Splash Mountain, there are others such as POTC and Haunted Mansion that if they were down I don't think it would be as much fun, but Splash Mountain is the one I ALWAYS look forward to. I wouldn't go if I knew it was going to be down.

• MC State Comptroller

I don't think that there is any ride that would make me or my fam cancel a trip to DL if it was closed.

However, my enjoyment is dimished when the Matterhorn is closed since i am too tall to ride Space Mountain and that only leaves BTMRR, which is fine since i can get on it rather quickly due to my ECV, but it's just not as fun as having both operating.

POTC, HH and Buzz are another couple of rides that diminish my fun if they are not operating.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Second star to the right

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post

However, my enjoyment is dimished when the Matterhorn is closed since i am too tall to ride Space Mountain
    Is there a height restriction? I didn't know this. My boyfriend isa pretty tall guy and it would be horrible if when we go there were rides he couldn't ride. Do you know what the restrictions are?

• Man O Lantern

Pirates
    Mansion
    Small World

All others I've lived without from time to time....but those are the dealbreakers.

Small World, because there aren't a lot of other rides around that part of the Park.

Tiki Room, because I like taking naps.

King Arthur's Carrousel--- Because when that's down...it just seems to power everything else in Storybookland....the minute King Arthur is down, it's like everything else shuts off !

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

No one or two attractions being down affects my trip. While I enjoy most, if there are attractions down it won't make or break a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyLndLvr View Post
    Is there a height restriction? I didn't know this. My boyfriend isa pretty tall guy and it would be horrible if when we go there were rides he couldn't ride. Do you know what the restrictions are?
    My friend is 6'9" and he can't/wont ride SM again even on the bigger car his legs are crunched up, hope that helps.

ohh and On topic: No attraction breaks my trip, wife and I are leaving in around 7 hours for our anniversary, the one ride she really loves is down sadly though... (Alice in Wonderland)

*edit- Well okay there is one thing, but it doesn't break my trip, it just heightens my personal experiences in the park... When the train announcement is played, nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than "All aboard"
    Last edited by TaterMickey; 11-06-2007 at 10:01 AM.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Maybe because we live so close and go so often, there's no ride that we can't miss. In fact, we've been known to spend hours at the park and only hit one ride, or sometimes no rides!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Seasick

I've never postponed or cancelled a trip due to ride closures, but I do look at the refurb schedule when planning a trip. I would say that ride closures have a minimal effect on when I go.

I would likely not move a trip due to the closure of a ride I've been on before, no matter how much I love it. The last time I was in Anaheim, I was disappointed the Matterhorn was closed as I haven't been on the thing since 1996, but it wasn't enough to make me move the trip.

I do make sure that any new rides I want to see will be open. For Tokyo, I made sure Hunny Hunt would open. For Orlando, I made sure Expedition Everest would be open. Of course, I missed Nemo opening in Florida by one day, but what can you do? I would not go to Anaheim right now if the subs or newly improved Space Mountain were due for rehab.

Having said all that, I'd have to carefully consider a trip when any of the following are closed at Disneyland: Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, & Indy.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Knight that says Nee!!

I admit there are rides like HM, PotC, SpMt, SpcMt, IJ...For my kids: BLAB, Alice, PPF, JC; that we would definately miss if they were down for one reason or another, but like a few others have said, one of them being down would not cause us to cancel a whole trip. No matter how much we enjoy a particular ride or much of a favorite it is, none of them are individual "trip breakers" at all.

Now if two or three favorites are down at once...that would get us to possibly re-work our schedule and go at a different time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast