• Iron-Clad Allie

Fans Made the 50th Magical For Eachother.

Cupcakes, golden esrs, Jumbotron screens, and better crowd control - that's too little too late - too bad. Disneyland should have waited until 7/17 to officially open Space Mountain. It jumped the gun.

Nevertheless, it is the fans that made the 50th bithday celebration a wonderous, magical experience for eachother. Cheers and accolades to us Disneyland freakin' crazies!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-20-2005 at 04:34 PM.

• Social Imagineer

Re: Fans Made the 50th Magical For Eachother.

Absolutely. The Birthday was MADE by fans and by friends. I had the most awesome and fun time, no thanks to Disney -- but thanks to all the great friends I spent time with over four fun-filled days and nights.

The gold mouseears and cupcakes and commemorative maps were nice touches, but the main celebration consisting of jumbotron footage and a mundane ceremony with a few daytime fireworks was beyond lame for the magnitude of the ocassion. I had been looking forward to this for 20 years after the magnificence of the 30th Birthday, and I was sorely disappointed by how Disneyland celebrated its 50th.

Friends saved the day! (um, the four days.) The anticipated crowds never appeared ... and it seemed that everywhere I went on the big day, I ran into people I knew and loved. Groups of friends forming and splitting and re-forming in different configurations all through the weekend, plans that didn't work as planned but worked out wonderfully nonetheless, and the contageous happiness and excitement of all the die-hard Disneyland fans at this event made for a magnificent birthday after all.

Disneyland blew its wad on May 5th, and it was really fun to have all the new decorations and entertainment. Too bad there was nothing really new and exciting on the actual birthday. So much could have been done with some fantastic nighttime lighting (25th, 30th, 31st and 32nd birthdays) or with a beautiful daytime spectacular (30th and 39th Bdays) or with a fireworks encore that they so rudely teased us about at the conclusion of 'Remember' that night. Space Mountain was a welcome returning treat, however. And even though it opened a couple of weeks earlier, it was definitely the ride du jour ... and the focal point of the Park's attractions for its 50th birthday.

We made other rides the focal point of our own Attraction Quest featuring the best attractions that premiered during each Disneyland Decade. Thanks for everyone who participated in that. We had a wild, insane party in our fantabulous Disneyland Hotel suite on Friday before energy levels started depleting steadily, and there was much more partying in that suite through Monday night! Thanks for everyone who partied there, watched the fireworks from there, and hung out with us there. There were the various MiceChat Drink-Ups where it was so fun to get inebriated with chattering Chatters. Thanks to everyone who arrived and imbibed.

And then there was the Takeover of the Caroussel - - which I feel will be long remembered by every one of the 70+ people who participated. It was a highlight of the birthday celebrations and it was all because of US.

Thank you, thank you everyone, for making Disneyland's 50th Birthday the Spectacular Event it was destined to be!!

• insufferable know-it-all

Thank you thank you thank you to EVERYONE that came this weekend! I had the time of my LIFE! There was more going on at any given time than anyone could possibly do all of, and all of it fantabulous!

The carousel was definitely the highlight of an already awesome day! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet and talk with as many people during the noon meet as I would have liked to but I love you all, and I think you all know that!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Boy, isn't this true. Even though the line from hell at 8am made me think twice about going home, once I was in the park with all of you and the thousands of other golden ear wearing Disney freaks I had the best time ever!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Merry 2014!

Isn't that always the way? people make the difference. it is always the people i am with or encounter along the way at DL or anywhere else that makes a magical experience!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Hear, hear!

"Camping" overnight in DCA was the best ever, because of the people I was with. It was like having a slumber party as a kid all over again!
    Disneyland and DCA glisten quite beautifully after closing hours. It's a secluded ambiance that makes the comradery of both established and new friendships feel larger than life.

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Absolutely. The Birthday was MADE by fans and by friends. I had the most awesome and fun time, no thanks to Disney -- but thanks to all the great friends I spent time with over four fun-filled days and nights.

And then there was the Takeover of the Caroussel - - which I feel will be long remembered by every one of the 70+ people who participated. It was a highlight of the birthday celebrations and it was all because of US.

Thank you, thank you everyone, for making Disneyland's 50th Birthday the Spectacular Event it was destined to be!!
    The 'Great Caroussel Takeover" sounds it was zanier and much more fun than any of the panned Disney events. I love to sing along with some of the Carroussel pipe organ songs. innerSpaceman, did you or any of the others do any sing-alongs?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-20-2005 at 06:30 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Boy, isn't this true. Even though the line from hell at 8am made me think twice about going home, once I was in the park with all of you and the thousands of other golden ear wearing Disney freaks I had the best time ever!
    Thanks Dusty. A.M. lines to the gate were branching out in all directions, far and wide. They were scary, but fortunately organised. For those who hung in there, the reward was friendship and comeradery throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    Isn't that always the way? people make the difference. it is always the people i am with or encounter along the way at DL or anywhere else that makes a magical experience!
    Well put, Fantasmo. In the end, people DO make the day. Even if one was at a park and surrounded by E-tickets, it would be boring without others to enjoy it all with.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Agreed!! As long as the day was, and as tired as I'm sure people were, I ran into so many happy, friendly folks, that it really made the day.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."