Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    Circumstances, baby!
    My 9-year old digs The Trees
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Know More Than You Should

I thought the castle looked great when they first rehabbed it, and it still does, but I worry they're gonna heap so much stuff on it it'l just look tacky.

ENOUGH WITH THE GOLD!
    Last edited by Club 33; 02-13-2005 at 11:13 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Another voice in support of what has been added to the castle.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    With 'so far' being the keywords, I kinda agree with you.

But everytime I look at this picture I want to curl up in a ball and hide in the corner
    awe come on...it's not as bad as the cake they turned the WDW castle into. That was tacky as ....well it was tacky...

I've just noticed, I don't see the gold trim that's up now on any of the concept art.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    I've just noticed, I don't see the gold trim that's up now on any of the concept art.
    I think it's behind the bunting and the huge 50 sign..

• Magical Memories fanzine

I really like the gold rail thing, but thats enough... please stop now. Its perfect how it is, the gold rail is a nice touch and thats all thats needed. Instead of spending money on more decorations, go invest in making those cool panini projectors a part of the night time show. I was majorly impressed with the testing photos of that projector, and thats more wise infrastructure spending because it can be changed for different shows and used later past the 50th. Imagine; christmas special projections, Halloween special projections etc. Wouldnt it be darned cool for Halloween to see Donald mickey and goofy in lonesome ghosts projected onto the castle? And the whole idea of projecting the building of the castle ONTO the castle for the 50th is brilliant. No more tacky decorations, projectors please!!!

• Disneyland Freak

Nope, it's definetly in the concept art. In the concept art it's full of diamonds...
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertail777
    I really like the gold rail thing, but thats enough... please stop now. Its perfect how it is, the gold rail is a nice touch and thats all thats needed. Instead of spending money on more decorations, go invest in making those cool panini projectors a part of the night time show. I was majorly impressed with the testing photos of that projector, and thats more wise infrastructure spending because it can be changed for different shows and used later past the 50th. Imagine; christmas special projections, Halloween special projections etc. Wouldnt it be darned cool for Halloween to see Donald mickey and goofy in lonesome ghosts projected onto the castle? And the whole idea of projecting the building of the castle ONTO the castle for the 50th is brilliant. No more tacky decorations, projectors please!!!
    I agree.

• Disneyland Freak

^Disagree
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

• Magical Memories fanzine

may I humbly and respectfully ask why Dl freak? I just am wondering because they only have so much budget allocation, and I would rather see it go for something that could be more permanent and used past the 50th. Plus the projectors really have a WOW factor I think.

• Disneyland Freak

For whatever reasons the Projections had to be dropped and it's sad but I think the castle is gonna look awesome when it debuts on May 5, 05.

I personally don't like the idea of things projected on the castle (ouside of the 50th celebration) it just seems tacky unless it's used in a show but then using it outside of the 50th would just kinda be overkill and not as impressive. ::shrugs:: I would have liked them to keep the projections (and the decorations) but the PANI projectors for one reason or another did not make sense to the highups so they were dropped. I don't think we're losing much by losing the projectors.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    ^Disagree
    I agree.

• Who's your DaddyB?

As I said in my first post, I think it's a very pretty addition to the castle. I like the "D" in the front too.

I think we had all better resign ourselves to the crowns, flags and bunting of this later artist rendition:

We can at least say it's been toned down from the first rendition! There have been flags on the lower turrets of the castle since the opening, so I don't see why a couple more would make it gaudy.

Here's a detail from the picture Disney release a short while ago of the first float in the new parade. Notice in even that artist rendition, the castle has crowns, bunting (fabric swaths) and the "50th" insignia over the archway.

Personally, I guess I have more faith in Disney right now then most folks. Perhaps it's because I'm usually the first to start thinking how horrible something is going to be and in the past decade have had my expectations met. But the last few years, I've been pleasantly surprised (especially since Matt Ouimet and Greg Emmer have taken over) since my expectations were so low to begin with it's been easy to exceed them.

It's only a few more months, I'll be trying to hold off judgement until then.
    trying.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Hmm... I like the gold design stuff on some of the roofs, although they're tilted a little heavily to the left. But those huge jeweled pieces on the turrets are still ugly as sin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123