• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

DL Hotel Tower Names

Well now that Disney has owned the Disneyland Hotel for nearly 20 years, and with all the recent changes that came as part of the resort expansion, I was wondering if it isn't time for new names for the Towers. Some tower names are not even relevant any more like the "Marina" Tower. I was thinking that the names could have CA related names. The Sierra Tower name could stay. I would suggest California Tower (instead of Marina Tower) and Pacific Tower (instead of Bonita Tower).

What do you guys think? Is there any reason why they have never changed the names?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• CM for 4 years!

Re: DL Hotel Tower Names

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    What do you guys think? Is there any reason why they have never changed the names?
    Because I don't think it matters that much at the end of the day? XD
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Knowing DL they could come up with new names.. but decide not to... (and marina could always be called parking lot tower.. as that was a view... LOL)

I would say keep the names.. maybe change them when you rededicate the hotel again....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Authentic Californian names such as Marina and Bonita should stay in place at a landmark Californian hotel property such as the DLH. Not everything needs or should have hyper-obvious and/or GIANT letters spelling/shouting out (NOT another DCA thread...) unnecessary or bland messages

• Tourist

I hope the DLH towers keep their original names. To me, those names are a link to the resort's past, when the Wrather family still owned the hotel.

I believe the Bonita Tower and Granville's Steakhouse were named in honor of Jack Wrather's wife, actress Bonita Granville. Jack and Bonita can be seen in the DVD of the live broadcast of opening day in 1955, as they mention the soon-to-be-completed Disneyland Hotel.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

"I believe the Bonita Tower and Granville's Steakhouse were named in honor of Jack Wrather's wife, actress Bonita Granville. "

Yes 10-97, your statement above is correct. The DL Hotel book is great with all sorts of interesting pictures and history of this hotel.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.