Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Fantasyland changes?

Does anyone know if they are ever planning anything new/updated for Fantasyland? I think it could use a new dark ride or something...anything. I don't think much has happened in Fantasyland lately.

I would suggest a darkride in the Skyway terminal, or a coffee shop there (seems like a cute fit!).

• Hedonist

Re: Fantasyland changes?

I'd say keep an eye on the Motor Boat lagoon

• Banned User

I think they use the skyway station as storage for ODV.. since a ODV stand is next to it.

My best bet is Motorboat cruise area...

• Iron-Clad Allie

A coffee shop in the Skyway terminal would be extremely pleasant. Regarding anything that might currently be stored inside - this sh*t has got to go!

General You is correct about keeping an eye on whatever the plans are for a new attraction in the former Motor Boat Cruise area. Reports have verified that one or more things are definitely going to be built there.

A clone of WDW's Mickey's PhilHarmagic is guaranteed to find a home at DLR at some point in the future - most likely Fantasyland, although I'd rather see it in Toon Town. What really has my juices flowing is for a dark ride that would incorporate the same type of advanced trackless ride system that is used in TDL's Pooh ride - since Pressler built our Pooh ride on the cheap.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-20-2005 at 08:49 PM.

• Banned User

Toontown and Fantasyland would both be a good place for Philhar. I'd rather have it in Toontown. Truth be told I'd love to see Toontown just become more land for Fantasyland.

A coffee shop would be pretty nice, with decks on the holes the buckets would go through.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Yeah. Toon Town is pretty much an extension of Fantasyland anyway, in my opinion. The Fantasyland Theatre is practically on top of it.

• Queen of Randomness

Toontown is cool looking and everything but it doesn't have much going for it. It needs an addition more than Fantasyland does

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

^ I wonder, could they inclose & redevelop Fantasyland Theatre only to turn it into Philar but enter from the Toontown side, making it a part of Toon town, more appropriatley than Fantasyland's??

I don't think there is a need or a point in focusing too much attention on Fantasyland's redevelopment in the near future. If anything I would like to see existing attractions there improved. The Matterhorn for one is screaming out for the same kind of attention Space recently got.

The motor boat cruise area will be used in part as a support for the Nemo Subs project so don't expect to see anything there any time soon.

• out & about

I also think Philhar... would fit nicely into toontown. It would get a lot more people going back there. As for fantasyland and the Skyway Chalet (I like calling it a chalet even if it isnt) is it time we start kicking and screaming for a new Skyway system? I think so. And another thing... a while back someone mentioned creating a villians land/section to F.L., I think thats a great idea. They could build a new mountain (like maleficents fortress) to add a menacing feel in opposition to the good & "dreams come true", "happily ever after" feel of the rest of F.L. It could be lots of fun and something disneyland's havent done before. the villians tie in is pretty much untapped and could offer a whole new world of possibilities. They could also, slightly expand into frontierland, back by big thunder trail.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

Is there any room in the old skyway area to be a new dark ride? If there is then that would be a great place to put a beauty and the beast type ride.

• Head Salesman

I say remove the old skyway terminal and turn that little place into a forest glen with the woodcutter's cottage from Sleeping Beauty. That place could be a princess meet-n-greet. Kids can take pictures with the various princesses by (or inside) the cottage in the glen of a beautiful forest with a little stream that flows out of the glen and over a rockface, creating cascading waterfalls.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

The former MBC lagoon is set aside for an E-Ticket, but WDW's Magic Kingdom management try to make PhilharMagic seem to be an E-Ticket, which I think is certainly debatable...I'd expect a far better queue for a true E-Ticket, however, but I would definitely consider it a strong D-Ticket attraction. It could go there, I suppose...but it is a very tall building that I would rather see further back in the park, so it doesn't tower over Fantasyland (they could place it partially underground, I'm sure...). I'd rather see PhilharMagic be in Toontown with the actual showbuilding taking up part of the current Big Thunder Ranch area (that is where it would indeed have to be...the building itself is the size of half of Toontown), which would still leave plenty of room for Frontierland expansion back there, too. Then put a bona fide E-Ticket where the MBC was. It's time for a new thrill ride at Disneyland, I think, especially with a family-friendly Sub Voyage, PeopleMover, Woody's Round-Up, and arguably PhilharMagic in the works. I'd like to see something thrilling around the level of the Matterhorn (with a similar height requirement that basically excludes kids under age 5 and that is it). I'm not sure what the theme should be. I'd kinda like to see something not based on an animated film, similar to, again, the Matterhorn. I'm sure they have something impressive earmarked for that land already.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The one, the only...

I have to make a few comments:

Mickey's PhilarMagic is just a 7 minute 3D movie. Dull after a few viewings. I think that Toontown is a good place for it. (I personally had cloning unimaginative attractions like MP. Who wants to go to Disneyland to watch movies?)

Fantasyland is a CENTRAL attraction for kids to Disneyland. It deserves a FIRST CLASS attraction. At least four movies have been blockbusters for Disney that they have no rides related to them, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King and Aladdin. I would love to see a Little Mermaid attraction or Aladdin attraction in that old Motor Boat spot.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I should point out that you are downplaying PhilharMagic, a bit. I think it's closer to 10 minutes in length, and it has received the best reviews in surveys of any attraction ever built at the Magic Kingdom at the ride's opening--an astonishing 94% approval rating. It is the best 3D show Disney has ever made, as it showcases the epitome of the Disney experience--animated films back when they could still write worthwhile music for them. I think it is no more dull after a few viewings than all of the movies that are the heart and soul of the Walt Disney Company. The day we view movies like Peter Pan and Beauty and the Beast as dull after a few viewings is the day the Walt Disney Company ceases to exist. And when you are following Donald on the magic carpet through Agrabah, it's an incredible feeling...the first time I have been watching a show and really felt like I was flying. I think it's a very impressive show. It's about time the characters that started it all got their own attraction.

Of the four animated features you list, PhilharMagic features each of them (Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Lion King).
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Philhar might be the best darn 3D movie around but that doesn't mean it won't get stale and eventually be removed. You don't have to believe me, but can you name one 3D movie that stayed longer than about 15 years at a Disney park?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast