• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Gwendolen's (Very) Belated Trip Report

(Since the pictures didn't work, I added a link at the bottom.)

This summer, everything was deleted from our computer, which was the only place we had these pictures, so I thought they were lost. But then I found out that my brother had them on his computer, also. So I can finally write my first trip report.

We were at Disneyland and DCA on Tuesday and Wednesday of the last week of May. I insisted that get up early enough to be in line at 8:00 (they opened at 9), so we were in the very front at the rope-dropping. We went on IJA, POTC, Splash, Autopia, and Space Mountain, then headed over to DCA at about 12.

We usually just go to DCA for Soarin', Tower of Terror, and Screamin', but this time we had a lot of fun. We went to the Animation building for the first time. Here's me, my dad, and my brother.

Of course, we ate at Pacific Wharf Cafe. Then my brother talked me into going on Grizzly River Run. I was worrried about getting wet, but it turned out to not be too bad. But I still wouldn't wait longer than maybe 40 minutes for it.

Back at DL, we took our traditional Monstro picture. (my hair's kind of messy..)

And even though this is old news, IT'S STILL BROKEN! (well, it was )

On our way to MTWR from BTMRR, I said hi to my turkey friend.

Later, we bought some postcards to mail to ourselves since I'd always wanted to use the Disney mailboxes. Sadly, the one I put in Critter Country never arrived . We finished off the night with some pasta at Tomorrowland Terrace, HISTA, and Star Tours. We left a little after they closed at nine, then went to watch a movie in Downtown Disney.

Day Two

Today I agreed to not get up so early, so we got to the park 10 or 15 minutes before they opened, but we were still among the first ones.

We went on Splash Mountain first, then my brother wanted this picture.

We took our second Monstro picture, then went to try and make ourselves dizzy on the teacups.

That afternoon when we got back from DCA, they wanted to go on the canoes. I didn't want to, so I stole the camera from them and ran away, instead.

Now for, GWENDOLEN'S FAMOUS FIFTEEN MINUTE RUN!
    I decided to take a picture in each land from the park, but I had to hurry since they were already getting on the canoe when I left.

New Orleans Square:

Frontierland:

Main St, USA. (I liked this dress, but it's kind of hard to see with the glare on the window.)

Tomorrowland. (A lady looked at me weird when I was taking this picture. Isn't she used to people taking pictures of mailboxes? )

Toontown:

Fantasyland: the false center mark! (I should've take this one closer up.)

Adventureland:

When I was taking this one, they called me and were surprised that I was so far away. Oh, I had been farther than Adventureland...

While we were waiting in line for IJA, I decided to take this picture. Hello, Mickey!

At the lagoon, this diver was opening up this rock, so we decided to photograph the event.

And here's a random picture of a lamp post by the Matterhorn.

After using our fastpasses for Splash Mountain, we bought the picture, then ran over to ride HM. We were in the last group of the day, so we let everyone walk in front of us. I was in the last buggy of the day (we each had our own.) It's actually kind of creepy to look back at all the empty ones, so it was a lot of fun.

We got to our hotel at 10:40 and came home the next day.

The End.
    Last edited by Gwendolen; 11-10-2007 at 10:15 AM.
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Re: Gwendolen's (Very) Belated Trip Report

Okay, I guess I loaded the pictures wrong... . So here's the link to my flickr page. The pictures start at the bottom.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14967699@N07/
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

Re: Gwendolen's (Very) Belated Trip Report

Thanks for posting the link to the photos. They are really nice. Glad too that you did not lose them.