Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Heres an idea with the new DCA total changeout why not just merge the two parks!

Ok before you all panic and freak out hear me out.....

If you are familiar with the fact that Disney has admitted DCA sux and are in the process of totally gutting it out and redoing it to be more like Disneyland , most of which I like and on top of that making the entrance be more like main st and more Disneyesque of the 30's period, it is rumored that DCA name may be changed to something else....

Ok you already get to visit both parks with one admission ticket and if DCA is going to be more like Disneyland.......

Why not dump the connecting area use it to expand for more attractions and make just one entrance and call the the whole bigger park Disneyland!

I have absolutely no problem with that at all.......

If you stop and think about it the whole going back and forth thru the entrance stalls that WE ALL DO, come on admit it, just get rid of the two entrances altogether and you dont have to come up with a new better name for DCA....

some constructive comments would be welcome

• =)

Re: Heres an idea with the new DCA total changeout why not just merge the two parks!

If DCA is still bringing in depressing numbers within a few years, abandoning single-park tickets might be a good idea, but I don't think the parks should be merged into one as far as name goes.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: Heres an idea with the new DCA total changeout why not just merge the two parks!

Ummmmm, that would go against all tings that are holy, lol, jk, but if you were to do that, the theme would get mixed up and the one day ticket would be in 80's-100's. Besides why would you want them to be connected, that would be California mixed with fantasy and magic.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Banned User

I like your thinking. If John Lassiter ever became CEO of Disney, he would make it so.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

I doubt the two parks will be merged; however I also doubt, given the short distance between the two parks and the shared plaza, esplanade, piazza, that many people would be interested in visiting only DCA no matter how much money they throw at the park. I think the best that Disney corporate can hope for is for DCA to boost annual ticket sales in the range of 7 - 10 million per year by offering increased over-all ride capacity. My best guess is that no matter what they say publicly they will look at the two parks as sort of a hybrid single park.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Minion

I don't like the idea. Just leave it how it is, and add more stuff and improve it over the years.

Thats all I have to say.
    Har har har

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Ummmmm, that would go against all tings that are holy, lol, jk, but if you were to do that, the theme would get mixed up and the one day ticket would be in 80's-100's. Besides why would you want them to be connected, that would be California mixed with fantasy and magic.
    Yeah that is a problem. i made thread like this with the two joining but I had DCA become for fantasy magic like DL.

I knew I would get alot of "thats a bad idea" gut reactions, and by asking for creative ideas got hardly any responses and alot of negative reaction.

First off you have to understand where this idea is coming from like i mentioned you have to be aware that Disney has just begun the process of getting rid of or altering everything in DCA and is thinking of changing the name entirely.

These changes when completed around 2010 will create a whole new park and one that is not only more in line with DL but in a way accentuates DL, I see no problem with any themes getting mixed up in fact I think it will help to clarify the themes right now I am sure you are all aware of the theme confusion going one with attractions based on pixar films poping up all over in both park and mostly inappropriately in DL, i.e. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about our "real" future not buzz or nemo, Adventureland is supposed to be based on "true life adventures" not animated tarzans etc..... all that animated stuff can go to the former dca side.

Also AP's and most ticket buyers can already go to both parks with one ticket/pass so whats the difference? it is in technicality already one big theme park you just have to exit one and go enter the other and back again if you like all day so whats the point of having two entrances?

I am saying make it all Disneyland you are just adding new acreage for even more new ideas to grow....

think about it some more just imagine the dca area with all the new changes and being able to just walk around both parks uninhindered.

it works if you try it in your mind..

• Minion

ORDDU: Actually, this very idea had been proposed a year ago by Tony Baxter. It got voted down as a bad idea--which my sisters and I have to agree with. It's better to have two gated parks in our humble opinions.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I don't see a problem with the idea. Make one big "MegaDisneyland" as it were. There'd still be demarcation between the areas. It wouldn't erode Disneyland at all and it would give the crowds somewhere to move about without the restriction of having to pass through the turnstiles.

As it stands a lot of guests already park hop, how many guests purchase one park tickets?

(PS: People who are voting down this thread and others need to go read the instructions http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...own-82750.html negative votes should only be given to spam or off topic threads.)
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Down Pluto!

They are merged - it is the "Disney Resort". A part of the "Disney Parks"...

It's just that by having two entrances and being not connected - they can charge twice as much.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Old Timer

I think that they should keep the two Parks separate. However, I think that it would be great to add some sort of transportation that would link the two Parks from the inside. If they can check tickets at the DTD Monorail station, they could do it with another system. The easiest, on first glance, would be to add another stop for the Monorail. Perhaps boarding around the back of the Hollywood lot. That area is currently underused and it would require no track change.
    Just a thought.

Its very interesting that if you ask this question from the other way around you would most likely get a completely opposite reaction!

For example if I were to ask instead, "would you like to see a 55+ acre expansion of Disneyland with all new attractions (just like the ones that are now being put in place of the old ones at DCA)" just about everyone would say "yeah cool".

But if I say they are gutting out dca and almost completely changing it into a new park would you like it to be attached and considered one big park the response is NO

how odd is that lol :-)

People just naturally like to go with the status quo without even reasoning about the alternatives so I guess change is frightening after all.

• Super Genius

I say bring back old rides from Disneyland and put them in DCA, like Innerspace, Contry Bear Jamboree, maybe have a stage with live bands and a dance floor.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    They are merged - it is the "Disney Resort". A part of the "Disney Parks"...

It's just that by having two entrances and being not connected - they can charge twice as much.
    yeah but thats the odd thing is they dont and havent for a long time whether you have an AP pass or a park hopper ticket you can go to both parks for just one ticket they did this years ago when no one was buying tix just for DCA only.

So right now and as it has been for years you have to get a hand stamp and go back and forth thru the turnstiles when you visit both the same day so technically they are just one park you dont pay seperately so why should you have to go thru seperate entrances

and I like calling the whole thing Disneyland rather than the Disneyland Resort sounds cheesy and too floridian for me ca tastes lol

I know the source of all the opposition is that this is simply a new idea and new ideas make people quiver with nervousness

I bet if they made one entrance say just after the bogus security check (oh please dont get me started on government sponsored irrational paranoia please) and did away with the current ticket/turnstyle entrances and printed one instead of two park schedules with the name on top Disneyland no one would even notice or care that this happened!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast