Question Daily Preparations

Hi!
    Im doing a report on special effects shows in amusement parks for class. An the first 2 shows I obviously think of are Fantasmic! and R...DCT. Does anyone know what the steps are in making these shows come alive every night. If anyone has any info or site I can go look at would help greatly. An my teacher wants it very in depth. Like do they launch the fireworks by hand or are they computer controlled by pressing a start button? Also where exactly are the firework launch boxes located. Can anyone point them out on a map? Lastly if anyone has any facts on the 2 shows that would also be great. Thanks!!

• Minion

Re: Daily Preparations

I think it's vary similar to a stage manager calling out the cues and such for a Bway play. note i'm not a stage manager but I could be true.
    ^strike never mind

• Magic Making

There is stage manager for Fant! but she only calls out cast and a few other cues, most everything else is timed in the computer and set off by the audio track using SMPTE Timecode. Remember has a Show Director that sits high above the photoshop and calls the shots, like if the show is to be canceled, gives tink her stand by and go cues, etc

• =)

Mmm, interesting question. Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited, and Disney keeps the technical details very hush-hush for obvious reasons. What I do know is this:

* Disney uses proprietary air-launched fireworks that are far less smoky and pollutant than normal fireworks.
    * Some of the fireworks are launched from around here. (Notice I included a marker for a metal overhang nearby; this spot has a large dent in it from a piece of a firework that landed there.
    * The fireworks are most definitely NOT launched one-by-one by hand. The shows are very carefully set up with computers.

Sorry I can't help any more... Cool project, though. May I ask what level of education you're at, and what kind of class this is for?

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Mmm, interesting question. Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited, and Disney keeps the technical details very hush-hush for obvious reasons. What I do know is this:

* Disney uses proprietary air-launched fireworks that are far less smoky and pollutant than normal fireworks.
    * Some of the fireworks are launched from around here. (Notice I included a marker for a metal overhang nearby; this spot has a large dent in it from a piece of a firework that landed there.
    * The fireworks are most definitely NOT launched one-by-one by hand. The shows are very carefully set up with computers.

Sorry I can't help any more... Cool project, though. May I ask what level of education you're at, and what kind of class this is for?
    I have maps of all the launch bunkers. What you marked is the Main Launch Site aka the" Black Forest"

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

A Senior and it's for Physics

• Lost in Wonderland

I thought Disney openly shared their air launch pryo system design as a sign of goodwill about helping the environment.

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    I thought Disney openly shared their air launch pryo system design as a sign of goodwill about helping the environment.
    Yes, but its just the technology behind it.

They launch their fireworks with compressed air instead of blackpowder. Check out some pyro industry sites and I'll bet you'll find all the info there.
    Class of 2005...

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    Yes, but its just the technology behind it.

They launch their fireworks with compressed air instead of blackpowder. Check out some pyro industry sites and I'll bet you'll find all the info there.
    Not everything is ALF (Air Launch Fireworks), maybe 75% of it is. The technology is expensive, and requires the shells to be made differently, and more training is required of the techs on this system.