Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Posts
    285

    Question Daily Preparations

    Hi!
    Im doing a report on special effects shows in amusement parks for class. An the first 2 shows I obviously think of are Fantasmic! and R...DCT. Does anyone know what the steps are in making these shows come alive every night. If anyone has any info or site I can go look at would help greatly. An my teacher wants it very in depth. Like do they launch the fireworks by hand or are they computer controlled by pressing a start button? Also where exactly are the firework launch boxes located. Can anyone point them out on a map? Lastly if anyone has any facts on the 2 shows that would also be great. Thanks!!

  2. #2

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley of the Dolls
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Daily Preparations

    I think it's vary similar to a stage manager calling out the cues and such for a Bway play. note i'm not a stage manager but I could be true.
    ^strike never mind

  4. #4

    • Magic Making
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    511

    Re: Daily Preparations

    There is stage manager for Fant! but she only calls out cast and a few other cues, most everything else is timed in the computer and set off by the audio track using SMPTE Timecode. Remember has a Show Director that sits high above the photoshop and calls the shots, like if the show is to be canceled, gives tink her stand by and go cues, etc

  5. #5

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Daily Preparations

    Mmm, interesting question. Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited, and Disney keeps the technical details very hush-hush for obvious reasons. What I do know is this:

    * Disney uses proprietary air-launched fireworks that are far less smoky and pollutant than normal fireworks.
    * Some of the fireworks are launched from around here. (Notice I included a marker for a metal overhang nearby; this spot has a large dent in it from a piece of a firework that landed there.
    * The fireworks are most definitely NOT launched one-by-one by hand. The shows are very carefully set up with computers.

    Sorry I can't help any more... Cool project, though. May I ask what level of education you're at, and what kind of class this is for?


  6. #6

    • Magic Making
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    511

    Re: Daily Preparations

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Mmm, interesting question. Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited, and Disney keeps the technical details very hush-hush for obvious reasons. What I do know is this:

    * Disney uses proprietary air-launched fireworks that are far less smoky and pollutant than normal fireworks.
    * Some of the fireworks are launched from around here. (Notice I included a marker for a metal overhang nearby; this spot has a large dent in it from a piece of a firework that landed there.
    * The fireworks are most definitely NOT launched one-by-one by hand. The shows are very carefully set up with computers.

    Sorry I can't help any more... Cool project, though. May I ask what level of education you're at, and what kind of class this is for?
    I have maps of all the launch bunkers. What you marked is the Main Launch Site aka the" Black Forest"

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Posts
    285

    Re: Daily Preparations

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Mmm, interesting question. Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited, and Disney keeps the technical details very hush-hush for obvious reasons. What I do know is this:

    * Disney uses proprietary air-launched fireworks that are far less smoky and pollutant than normal fireworks.
    * Some of the fireworks are launched from around here. (Notice I included a marker for a metal overhang nearby; this spot has a large dent in it from a piece of a firework that landed there.
    * The fireworks are most definitely NOT launched one-by-one by hand. The shows are very carefully set up with computers.

    Sorry I can't help any more... Cool project, though. May I ask what level of education you're at, and what kind of class this is for?
    A Senior and it's for Physics

  8. #8

    • Lost in Wonderland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    452

    Re: Daily Preparations

    I thought Disney openly shared their air launch pryo system design as a sign of goodwill about helping the environment.

  9. #9

    • Disneyland is your land.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    592

    Re: Daily Preparations

    Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    I thought Disney openly shared their air launch pryo system design as a sign of goodwill about helping the environment.
    Yes, but its just the technology behind it.

    They launch their fireworks with compressed air instead of blackpowder. Check out some pyro industry sites and I'll bet you'll find all the info there.
    Class of 2005...

  10. #10

    • Magic Making
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    511

    Re: Daily Preparations

    Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    Yes, but its just the technology behind it.

    They launch their fireworks with compressed air instead of blackpowder. Check out some pyro industry sites and I'll bet you'll find all the info there.
    Not everything is ALF (Air Launch Fireworks), maybe 75% of it is. The technology is expensive, and requires the shells to be made differently, and more training is required of the techs on this system.

Similar Threads

  1. HELP! Best way to get from CDG to DLRP daily
    By Loner4hire in forum Paris Travel Planning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 12:21 AM
  2. Daily Word
    By Sorcerer's Apprentice in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 02:31 PM
  3. When You Wish Upon a Buck - TCS Daily, 3/14/07
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
  4. What are your daily rituals?
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 01:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •