Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mickey and Friends

40 76.92%
  • Lion King

12 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Structure vs Lion King

The few times that I've had to park in one of the lots - I was put into the M&F structure. Parking there seems to be fine. As everybody has already noted, the nice thing about the structure is that there is shade, and the trams seem to run at a regular pace.

• Launch sequence engaged

I always park in Mickey and Friends, but that's because I thought Timon was only for handicapped parking?

So, obviously, Timon is open to anyone, but do you normally have to get there very early to secure a spot? I think I may attempt Timon the next time I go to the DLR.

• Hooterville, USA

Oversize lot, when they let me. I know it's not part of the poll.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

The "Mickey & Friends" parking terrace was designed by Michael Eisner, himself, and it shows.

Whereas, with the original Disneyland parking grounds, cars flanked the main entrance and walking distances were minimized, the parking terrace now funnels Guests to the far corner of the structure in the most inefficient design possible.

The structure cost half a billion dollars, and The Company allowed Eisner to ruin the thing. The Company should install new escalators and elevators closer to the middle or, at least, tell the Parking Area Hosts and Hostesses to not fill an entire row with cars before beginning a new row.

My other criticism is that the parking terrace failed to incorporate a version of Disneyland's famously clever mnemonic device of character names to help Guests remember the letter of the respective sections in which the Guests park. Now, Guests have to remember the letter and the number, as well as either the character name, the color, or the number of the level.

The new system makes absolutely no sense, and I am surprised it does not frustrate more people when they return to their cars.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 07-22-2005 at 01:16 AM.

• Shubisha

Park at the hotel or downtown disney parking lot and monorail it in =D

It's as good as I can get to relive what I always did growing up. Park right under the monorail track at the old disneyland hotel and ride it in. Never parked in the parking lot. Only parked in the structure when dca/dtd was getting built and that area was a mess.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    The new system makes absolutely no sense, and I am surprised it does not frustrate more people when they return to their cars.
    I had a very frustrating experience and that's why I prefer Timon.

BTW, I shared my Frustrating Experience (long multiple days at The Park, blisters on my feet, parked at the far end...) on another board a few years ago and got flamed with comments like, "If you can't handle it you shouldn't be there in the first place" and "I love M&F. There's nothing wrong. Everything works perfectly". I don't post there anymore.

I LOVE MICECHAT!!!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Head Salesman

M&F hands down. There's always a tram loading, so you don't have to wait very long. Plus, I like the long, scenic tram ride—I view it as a pre-Disneyland attraction.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

DTD 80% of the time (the 5 hour validation rules!) or M&F for the long hauls

• Rainicorn.

M&F, despite someone pointing out its flaws... I've had nothing but good experiences and it's not hard to find our car. It's also shady.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Again! Again! Again!

M&F. My car's not in the hot sun. Besides, I'll probably get sent there anyways!! Timon is pretty small and you get lucky if you get in there.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Incidentally, I do recommend, in this one instance, defying the instructions of Disneyland personnel if you find yourself about to be directed to park at the far end of one of the rows in the parking terrace.

Carefully move into the adjacent empty row and slowly proceed to the spaces closer to the escalators and elevators. Look to your left as you do since many people may have the same idea and may not drive as carefully.

• A Disney Life For Me

I prefer the Timon lot for a couple of reasons. One, it reminds me of parking in the original Disneyland parking lot (silly, I know), and two, I really think it might even be closer than getting stuck at the far end of the parking structure, even if you had to walk to the park. We have AP's and had no trouble parking in Timon. We found it interesting as to how they direct the parking during the day. The first day we were at the park on our last trip (a Thursday - 7/14) we arrived at the Timon lot about 9:30AM and parked in the not so full lot pretty close to the tram area. The next day we went in to park intending to park in Timon around 8AM but they were not parking people in Timon and we were directed to M&F. Next day (Saturday) we came in later again - about 9:30 AM and parked in Timon again. This trip, if we left the park and came back in the afternoon, we never had a problem getting in to Timon. In the past, when we have left the park and come back in the late afternoon and gone directly to M&F, we have often gotten stuck on the far back side of the roof of the structure, a perfectly HORRIBLE place to park. Also, if we came in around 10-11 AM initially and went directly to M&F. we could easily get stuck on the roof. For some reason, the car seems much hotter to get into in the afternoon if it's been on the roof of M&F than it does if it's been parked in Timon.

So after that circular and probably confusing explanation - I like parking in the Timon lot much better than in the M&F parking structure.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

It's M&F's always!!! I have never had a problem and it the tram is crowded at the end of the day there is also that nice walk back. I do wish that they would let you park in the oversize handicap area when I have my grandma in the wheelchair. It's much easier for me with more room and closer to the van. It's not easy pushing a wheelchair around all day, along with the shopping bags.

Structure, definately. A closed car all day is bad enough, but a closed car in the sun... I don't like melting my face off at the end of the day!

I like watching everyone pouring off the escalators waiting for the tram- its kinda like something from a futuristic movie. And I can tell its going to be a good day when my daughter gets excited on the tram ride!

*here's a tip for those frustrated because you can't remember where you parked*
    The booth guy gives you a nifty little card with a row of numbers and a row of letters on it. It might be a little unorthodox, but if you circle the letter and number coresponding with you paking spot...you get the idea. Just a little tip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12