Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

• Mickey is not my Brother

Should Tommorrow Land Go Green

So what about an eco friendly Tommorrowland or maybe a Eco friendly attraction Wind Energy, Solor panels..etc. what you think

• Old Timer

Re: Should Tommorrow Land Go Green

It's certainly something that they can work on. I'm pleased that they've switched from desiel to vegetable oil for the trains and soon the Mark Twain.
    It seems to me that as they referbish attractions, they could start making those small changes that add up.
    And we can all do our part by using the Jimminy Cricket recycling bins for our bottles and cans.

all the roofs should be covered in solar panels, plants can have low drip run off water

• Super Genius

[quote=Lynn, Renaissance Woman]It's certainly something that they can work on. I'm pleased that they've switched from diesel to vegetable oil for the trains[/quote[

I thought the trains were steam. Seriously, that's what it says on the announcement.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

^Yes, they are steam trains. And that steam is generated by heating water, and that heat is now generated by burning bio-diesel which has been made from used and refined vegetable oil. Before that conversion, the trains burned standard diesel fuel to generate the heat needed to generate the steam.

• Minion

no

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    So what about an eco friendly Tommorrowland or maybe a Eco friendly attraction Wind Energy, Solor panels..etc. what you think
    YES I agree completely, first off Tomorrowland should be just that about how we might play and live in the future, get rid of the cartoonish junk and make it all about the future as Walt intended.

Go totally green show all the visitors from around the world that it can be done and Disney is proud to do it.

first on the list is the autopia get ride of the big oil co sponsors and maybe have Toyota sponsor electric cars run off of solar and have solar panels on eveything get a co other BP as they are areally an oil co and have them sponsor the panels.

Run the entire monorail system on solar

in fact why not the whole park eventually put panels on the roofs of all these massive and mostly flat rooftops that contain the attractions as well as the parking structures and hotels.

Im sure they would save a fortune on their electric bill too

• Biggest fan of D-Land

I think that's definitely something that should be looked into. In the world of tommorrow, renewable resources are going to be a must.

yes they would save money and become green Disneyland could pave the way into the future

• =)

Yes, as long as the results are aesthetically pleasing.

in fact why not the whole park eventually put panels on the roofs of all these massive and mostly flat rooftops that contain the attractions as well as the parking structures and hotels.

Im sure they would save a fortune on their electric bill too
    If solar panels were that cost-effective, you'd see 'em everywhere. Unfortunately, they aren't particularly efficient, so they can cost more in some cases. So they're a good idea for the environment, but not so good for your bankers.

Maybe make some windmills for windenergy from the santa ana winds

• Incognito

Blog Entries

It kind of is green to some extent, in that a vast majority of the vegitation are edible. I would hope they actually USE them in the restaurants or something, as opposed to it just being for show.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yes, as long as the results are aesthetically pleasing.

If solar panels were that cost-effective, you'd see 'em everywhere. Unfortunately, they aren't particularly efficient, so they can cost more in some cases. So they're a good idea for the environment, but not so good for your bankers.
    Im sorry forgive my french but ****** bankers ok, did Disney ever once care about money, no he did what he knew was right...

people at disney worrying about money is why they are in the messes they are in they are too timid and only look at the bottom line and in this mental climate would never even build a POTC or HM using it would be too expensive as the excuse trust me they would.

get a panel co to sponsor it and past their name all over the place and provide the panels for free for the advertising........

btw they already have a larg solar array at Universal power most of the place and they do tell you what company donated them as advertisment!

so it can be done.

• Sock Puppet

i agree that Disneyland shouldn't worry about the money because if everybody sees that disney is using solar power and etc.. then maybe the rest of the world will follow thier lead. Replace Innoventions with the things that we might use in the future that will be environtmentally safe and be green. Such as household appliances running on solar power. Then they show the effects are using ths new products and how we can protect our world of tomorrow.

YES, YES IT SHOULD!

*Here-Here!*

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast