Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attraction?

Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attraction in the works?

Just read that Lisberger has got the green light to shoot Tron 2.0 based on the video game which is great btw and which is based on the movie of course.

Anyone else go to the Tron 2.0 night at the El Capitan?

I was there they had people playing Tron 2.0 game on the big movie screen and a panel of Lisberger, Syd Mead (a long time friend of mine) who designed original movie and the parts of the game, Bruce Boxlietner and the woman too from the movie sorry forgot her name. AT this event they ALL said they would want to be a part of 2.0 even Jeff Bridges (who is a old friend of my moms' small world idint) has said he would play in the sequel. If you are familiar with the game it takes place a generation later but all the original characters are in it...

I wonder if there will Tron 2.0 attractions in the works??

remember the old tron tunnel on the people mover? hmm why not a TRON 2.0 Lightcycle ride on the peoplemover skyway track??!! if only they can make it work and not turn into a you know what fiasco lol
    Last edited by GothicManor; 11-10-2007 at 10:36 PM.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Re: Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attracti

Nope.

The first Tron movie only had a "cult following" and did not do so well in the box-office, I doubt this sequel would have the necessary reaction needed to make such an attraction.

And since when has Disney ever made an attraction based on a sequel?

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attracti

I have never seen TRON so I don't know what to think

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    Nope.

The first Tron movie only had a "cult following" and did not do so well in the box-office, I doubt this sequel would have the necessary reaction needed to make such an attraction.

Well the POTC changes happened after the sequel came out

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Well the POTC changes happened after the sequel came out
    Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island (?)

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

well if you saw the concept designs for the Tron 2.0 movie where they intend to push the CGI envelope and show a CG world even more way out there than the original it might do pretty good specially since the original is pretty popular with the age group who did see it.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island (?)
    No the ride changes adding Johnny and Davey Jones

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attraction in the works?

Just read that Lisberger has got the green light to shoot Tron 2.0 based on the video game which is great btw and which is based on the movie of course.

I was there they had people playing Tron 2.0 game on the big movie screen and a panel of Lisberger, Syd Mead (a long time friend of mine) who designed original movie and the parts of the game, Bruce Boxlietner and the woman too from the movie sorry forgot her name. AT this event they ALL said they would want to be a part of 2.0 even Jeff Bridges (who is a old friend of my moms' small world idint) has said he would play in the sequel. If you are familiar with the game it takes place a generation later but all the original characters are in it...

remember the old tron tunnel on the people mover? hmm why not a TRON 2.0 Lightcycle ride on the peoplemover skyway track??!! if only they can make it work and not turn into a you know what fiasco lol
    This is not true, this rumor surfaced on the internet in 2003 and Lisberger has not worked in Hollywood since the 1980's (with good reason). Please post a link where you found that this Tron movie has been greenlighted by Disney. The first Tron movie blew and Disney lost a significant amount of money, funny how there is no Tron Disney 2-Disc Disney DVD Special Edition, the 20th anniversary edition is presently selling on Amazon for $7.95, what a collectors item! Disney would be foolish to ever bring this movie to the big screen again, let alone release it on DVD a second time. The Hollywood Reporter (rumor magazine) stated they heard, no sources cited, that Disney was in final negotiations to sign on the script, but no decision had been made. Once again, Disney would be crazy to make this movie, I wonder what John Lassetter thinks about this prospect.
    Last edited by chrisaustx; 11-10-2007 at 11:54 PM.

well I dont need to prove to you that its true I did read an article I dont remember where it said release date 2010, try and google it.

but who cares! I still would like to see a Lightcycle ride or just about anything on the people mover track other than bird poop.

but most likely if they built on I couldnt ride it as I am wheelchair bound.

— Walt Disney

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

if they were gonna do something with tron, i think it should definetly be something with the lightcycles
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Make it Cool

The name dropping is nausiating.

well I dont need to prove to you that its true I did read an article I dont remember where it said release date 2010, try and google it.

but who cares! I still would like to see a Lightcycle ride or just about anything on the people mover track other than bird poop.

but most likely if they built on I couldnt ride it as I am wheelchair bound.
    I am a graduate student in a PhD track program, so I expect the presentment of primary source evidence if someone makes a claim on a forum such as this that a movie has been approved for production. Many scripts get written for the Hollywood Studios that never see the light of day, I read that 50% of the movie projects that are greenlighted actually never make it to production, they get killed off early on. I can find no evidence that Tron 2.0 has been approved by Disney for production. Amazon's IMDB.COM put up a page that says TRON 2010, but everything else is blank, because this has not been approved by Disney and they only post approved projects for fear of studio lawsuits. If you announce that something has been approved, please post the primary source evidence, such as a press release or quote from a Disney official that has been posted and sanctioned by the studio and does not consist of rumor.

• Make it Cool

Though I despise supporting hubris-filled posts...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...e916044d2b7b99

Quote Originally Posted by composerboy View Post
    Though I despise supporting hubris-filled posts...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...e916044d2b7b99
    This means nothing, there are no sources cited nor an official statement from Disney that the film has been approved. Hopefully this idea will not be approved and will die a just death. A Hollywood Reporter article with no sources cited is just rumor and nothing more, its just a glorified Wikipedia article.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Inspired by Disney-Pixar's TOY STORY 2

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaustx View Post
    This means nothing, there are no sources cited nor an official statement from Disney that the film has been approved. Hopefully this idea will not be approved and will die a just death. A Hollywood Reporter article with no sources cited is just rumor and nothing more, its just a glorified Wikipedia article.
    Please.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast