• Minion

Does disney discriminate?

I just heard this on the news they have not said why but its up next! They said does Disney discriminate against the disabled? Thats all I know right now. I'll keep you updated.
    Har har har

• Minion

Re: Does disney discriminate?

Wait its Disneyworld! 3 People are suing because of segways. Thats all I heard.
    Har har har

• враг народа

Blog Entries

This topic has been brought a couple of time in both forums. It comes down to Segways not being designed as medical devices. There are also some concerns regarding their agility in a crowded environment. The management of EPCOT Centr has access to Segways and some find those few to be too many.

• no flash photography...

no, they do not discriminate.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Please...

Someone doesn't get their way by not being allowed to take their overpriced toys into the Park and now they claim that Disney discriminates???

ADA rules aside, Disney does offer up wheelchairs and electric scooters to anyone that wants/needs them. And as we all know, they have the Guest Assistance Cards and alternate entrances for the disabled.

Sounds like just another frivilous lawsuit that is trying to go after "deep pockets"...

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Please...

Someone doesn't get their way by not being allowed to take their overpriced toys into the Park and now they claim that Disney discriminates???

ADA rules aside, Disney does offer up wheelchairs and electric scooters to anyone that wants/needs them. And as we all know, they have the Guest Assistance Cards and alternate entrances for the disabled.

Sounds like just another frivilous lawsuit that is trying to go after "deep pockets"...
    Exactly. If you can't walk the park or be able to use a wheelchair then do not go. I know it is an abstract concept, but experiencing an amusement park is not a right. If you can not physically do it, don't go.

I was at WDW recently and it was the Indy 500 with those ubiquitous ECV's (many with obese people driving around like they own the place) it was actually dangerous for my kids and the guests who are trying to enjoy the parks.