View Poll Results: Whats it gonna be in 2007?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Remember... Dreams Come True"

13 25.00%
  • "Beilieve...There's Magic in the Stars"

6 11.54%
  • "Fantasy in the Sky"

1 1.92%
  • Another even older show.

0 0%
  • An All NEW Fireworks Spectacular!!!! Yipee!

13 25.00%
  • A non-50th make-over of "Remember..."

11 21.15%
  • "Believe..." version 2.0

6 11.54%
  • Fireworks? We dont need no stinking Fireworks!

0 0%
  • Who cares? While you wussys are watching fireworks I ride Space Mtn like infinity times! Losers!

2 3.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• out & about

"Believe..." vs "Remember..." The Great FIREWORKS Debate.

***WARNING***
    Ready for some fireworks?
    ...This discussion may be blown-out of proportion!
    ...Explosive arguments ahead!

Anyway... I was wondering, which fireworks show do you like better?

"Believe... Theres Magic in the Stars" or "Remember... Dreams Come True"

Do you think they should stay with "remember" after the 18 mo 50th celebration? do you think they should bring back "believe"? do you think there should be an all new show or maybe an even older one?

Discuss...
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• out & about

Re: "Believe..." vs "Remember..." The Great FIREWORKS Debate.

Dont worry... after some initial feedback we'll get a poll going so we can easily see which show(s) more people prefer.

...just givin' the people what they want!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Basking in birthday love

I loved Believe. I lived in Arizona pretty much the entire time it ran, but I knew it so well that even from outside the park, I could sing along. I thought the best part was the fake-out finale, and then the real finale which was way cooler.

I also love Remember. I've gotten to see it twice from the hub, and several other times from varous locations around and outside the park. The evocative use of fireworks to bring these rides to life is groundbreaking, and I get new thrills each time I watch it.

However. Remeber is very much a show for fans of Disneyland. People visiting the park for the first time will be somewhat puzzled at some aspects of the show, especially the Yesterland attractions that show up. Disney fans will (and do) adore seeing their favorite rides brought to thrilling, explosive life all around them, but it's not much for those just seeking shinies in the sky. Believe, on the other hand, had shinies in the sky in spades.

So which do I want to see after the 50th has come and gone? Neither, really. Remember is a tribute to Disneyland and is perfect for this celebration, but not really that well-suited for the park's regular seasons, when many people come to the park for the first time. And as much as I'd like to see Believe return, I'm a firm believer that Disneyland should be moving forward, so I'm generally opposed to reviving dead attractions, even my favorite fireworks show. A comparable show that makes effective use of Tink's new flight pattern would be lovely.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

To simplify my feelings, I'll say that Remember is much stronger visually (if you are standing in the right place, that is) while Believe is much stronger emotionally. Since I prefer to have my heart strings tugged during a show or parade, that means I'd rather see Believe come back after the 50th.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

It's all about Remember...but personally, I'd like to see Remember's pyro with Believe's audio.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    It's all about Remember...but personally, I'd like to see Remember's pyro with Believe's audio.
    Exactly! Well, almost. I'd love to see Remember's pyros, without the viewing limitations. Meaning perhaps a bit less of the surround effect, but keeping some of the other great visuals. This "view from the hub" stuff can't be a permanent thing. I'm already anxious for that part to go. It's one thing to gum up the park in one of the lands for Fantasmic!, but to turn Main Street and the hub into a hippie commune every night before the show, then turning into a sardine can... that has to stop after this show is over. Believe had it's own crowds, but not only were they lighter, but they were, on the average, more curtious.

I'd love to see Believe return. You can add to it and alter it a bit while still holding to the same theme/feel. And as for progress and moving on? One word: Fantasmic! Initially a short-run show which has now been going for what, a decade? I don't want to see that leaving anytime soon, either.
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• insufferable know-it-all

I *love* Remember, but I also *loved* Believe. I think that Believe was stronger from a viewing area perspective, as nearly all the pyro was sky-high. Remember, while stronger *if* you're standing on main street, has too much ground-level pyro, and the show is downright confusing when viewed from anywhere other than main street.

After the 50th celebration is over, I'd like to see a return to sky-high pyro that's viewable from anywhere in the park (ala Fantasy in the Sky), but with some of the emotional touches of Believe, and the new Tink pattern of Remember.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

While I really Enjoyed the effects and nostalsgia in Remember, I felt that the soundtrack for Believe was far better. If I had to chose I would chose Believe solely for the soundtrack.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I think Remember is perfect for the 50th. It was designed specifically for us fans, and it is appealing to us. But come November 2006, I expect a new show with much more heart. I loved Believe b/c it had a storyline. I can't really decipher the story behind Remember.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

Believe will always hold a special place in my heart as I saw it about 3 weeks after 9/11 and they had put a patriotic ending in. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. As for Remember, I haven't seen it yet in person...only on video. But, it looks INCREDIBLE!...and Tink's flight is unprecedented. So, I'd have to say at least elements of Remember should stay in some form after the 50th.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    Believe will always hold a special place in my heart as I saw it about 3 weeks after 9/11 and they had put a patriotic ending in. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. As for Remember, I haven't seen it yet in person...only on video. But, it looks INCREDIBLE!...and Tink's flight is unprecedented. So, I'd have to say at least elements of Remember should stay in some form after the 50th.

wow- me too. I took the kids for their first ever trip to DL October 2001. We were all misty eyed and moved by Believe.

• Minion

^When were you there Nephy? We were there 3rd through the 6th, I think.

• Lost in Wonderland

For it's time, Fantasy in the Sky was one of the best fireworks shows... It didn't utilize too much narration, and it was sung by real singers, not kids. True, the pyrotechnics were not as fancy as what we have now, but overall I had no complaints. It made for a great show.

Remember is great in that it's narrated by Julie Andrews. But I do dislike the "Wishes" chorus sung by kids. It's also a little bit too long, and as I've mentioned before, Julie Andrews should skip her self-introduction. But everything else is amazing.

As for Believe and Holiday Believe, I simply hate hearing little kids and grandmas talking. (It brings back the horrors of the Light Magic video projection screens and their 'UNICEF' video.) Otherwise they were good shows.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    ^When were you there Nephy? We were there 3rd through the 6th, I think.

ah, we were not there til the 19th or 20th I think- wow, it's all a blur. Ok, there is a pic on my desk- 10/26/05- and I know it was at the end of the trip..so yeah...the 20th I think

• Social Imagineer

I'd like to see a return to 'Fantasy in the Sky' with modern pyro. The fanfare opening was spine-tingling, and Tinkerbell's flight at the beginning of the show just seems much more "right" than her placement in either 'Believe' or 'Remember' (though, of course, her new 'Remember' flight path and Walt narration puts a lump in my throat surer than anything during any previous fireworks show ever).

I noticed something over the birthday weekend while watching the fireworks from my suite at the Disneyland Hotel. All the levels of pyro were neatly separated, as we were viewing the show almost sidelong. The pyro shells in the far background, the traditional "sky" part of all previous Disneyland shows, were each uniformly excellent, beautiful, and amazing. I don't think that much care and selection and design and state-of-the-art has ever before been applied to the main sky pyrotechnics to anything near this degree.

It's rather hard to notice inside the park with the many layers of pyro and the other effects galore, but the sky shells are just incredibly advanced and beautiful in 'Remember.' I only hope that this much design and technical achievement goes into future Disneyland pyrotechnic shows, especiallly if they are going to return mostly to the skies.

But it's too bad that the Hub and Main Street can't handle the crowds, because I think the multi-media effects of projections and lasers and Castle pyro and Hub-surround pyro are terrific, and I wish they could stay forever. And I don't think that E-Tickets in the Sky is too esoteric for the average guest. A few Yesterdayland attractions notwithstanding, most fireworks viewers have just spent the day at Disneyland - and a "recap" of the best attractions and adventures is, I believe, highly appropriate and enjoyable for everyone in the Park.

I've been watching their fireworks every season for 30 years now, and I can confidently state that 'Remember' is far and away the best pyro show that Disneyland has ever come up with. After Remember's run is over, I hope they come up with something new. 'Believe' was nice, but a little too sappy for my tastes. A new show with new lessons learned is what I hope to see at Disneyland in 2007.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast