Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Is there any new solid news about the usage of the People mover track? I sure hope so

Is there any new solid news about the usage of the People mover track? I sure hope so!

Last rumor i heard was that they were going to putsomething on the tracks in the not too distant future.

Also heard of a Incredibles like white pod that spins sort of like the one in the movie ....even that would be ok with me

And they actually did have a peoplemover like ride in the Robinsons movie but since that was such a total flop and the peoplemover was only in one brief scene and not part of the story that seems unlikely....

Now they are going ahead with a Tron 2.0 movie so maybe they could do a lightcycle ride??

or something

any news???

personally I think its shameful and embarrasing there being nothing on the tracks and for so darn long..................

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    ó Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." óWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." óWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." óWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." óWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." óWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense ó has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." óWalt Disney

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Is there any new solid news about the usage of the People mover track? I sure hop

I don't consider Meet the Robinsons a total flop, hey at least it did better then TRON

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Is there any new solid news about the usage of the People mover track? I sure hop

^ Guess this is the People Mover tracks thread of the week, the rest can be found here:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/searc...archid=1159286

Since it's opening in March of this year it has taken in $158,364,225 worldwide*, more revenue in merchandising and just released DVD and cable offerings to come.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...erobinsons.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• =)

There are no official plans at the moment. Lots of ideas have been thrown around at WDI, but there really is nothing set in stone. And I believe you'll find a huge number of threads devoted to this topic from the past--well, however many years MiceChat has been around. Yes, we'd all like to see a new, innovative, fun ride up there. It's not happening this year or next year. Something will almost certainly happen eventually, but as of right now, there are no plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    I don't consider Meet the Robinsons a total flop, hey at least it did better then TRON
    awww but Tron did have a attraction of sorts on the peoplemover for years and is still remembered and talked about to this day while else would a pc and xbox video game come out recently... and then theres that TRon costumed guy who was on all the talk shows last year and all the fan sites.....

I dont think too many people will have that enthusiasm for Tron in 20 yrs!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    ó Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." óWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." óWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." óWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." óWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." óWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense ó has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." óWalt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    There are no official plans at the moment. Lots of ideas have been thrown around at WDI, but there really is nothing set in stone. And I believe you'll find a huge number of threads devoted to this topic from the past--well, however many years MiceChat has been around. Yes, we'd all like to see a new, innovative, fun ride up there. It's not happening this year or next year. Something will almost certainly happen eventually, but as of right now, there are no plans.
    :-(

well they better hurry so I can still ride it in time! lol

ó Walt Disney

• lol what

I ain't complaining, as I'm closer to WDW than I am DL.

But an idea could be they add banked curves to the track, and block brake sections to make a Peoplemover/Rocket Rods combination.

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparks View Post
    I ain't complaining, as I'm closer to WDW than I am DL.

But an idea could be they add banked curves to the track, and block brake sections to make a Peoplemover/Rocket Rods combination.
    All of us over here in CA are!

I just went the people mover back with more futuristic cars. Not everything has to be themed to a movie or show. Let it be its own attraction like it used to be!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The problem with Peoplemovers is that they really do not represent the future anymore.....Monorails, Peoplemovers and other type of trains have one major flaw that will always make them inferior to automobile travel......when even a small section of track needs to be repaired the whole line must go down; when a small section of road needs to be repaired traffic can simply be routed around the section since automobiles are independent of the "track".

So what kind of transportation should we focus on for the future........Flying cars of course! Can't get much more independent than that

Nevertheess I still hope that Disney does bring back the PM's.....for the nostalgia if nothing else
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Just one of those days

I feels like ages since there's been something on the People Mover tracks, which is pretty much the truth. I guess it hasn't been that long, but the tracks follow you everywhere in Tomorrowland-who can help but notice them from anywhere in the land? They really stick out, if you ask me.

I don't care what they're themed...bring back the People Mover ASAP!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    The problem with Peoplemovers is that they really do not represent the future anymore.....Monorails, Peoplemovers and other type of trains have one major flaw that will always make them inferior to automobile travel......when even a small section of track needs to be repaired the whole line must go down; when a small section of road needs to be repaired traffic can simply be routed around the section since automobiles are independent of the "track".
    Transportation was also required in order for information to be exchanged. Digital dissemination via computer is a lot faster than physical dissemination via roads, tracks, etc.

• lol what

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

So what kind of transportation should we focus on for the future........Flying cars of course! Can't get much more independent than that

Nevertheess I still hope that Disney does bring back the PM's.....for the nostalgia if nothing else
    Hm, if a Peoplemover like transportation system is to be common, like trains, they could have switch tracks. This way, if a part of a track is broken, the cars can be switched onto an alternate route.

And if that track becomes broken, more switches? Or god help us...

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I actually don't want to see more Tron. I want to see something new, not based on a film, a slow/relaxing attraction that is futuristic and emphasizes that it is mainly a tour of Tomorrowland.

From Al's latest articles, Tony Baxter is planning to upgrade Tomorrowland, which would of course include the old PeopleMover tracks. Nothing has been hammered in stone yet, but big plans are coming for the suffering land.

• Mickey is not my Brother

TONY BAXTER is my hero

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    awww but Tron did have a attraction of sorts on the peoplemover for years and is still remembered and talked about to this day while else would a pc and xbox video game come out recently... and then theres that TRon costumed guy who was on all the talk shows last year and all the fan sites.....
    You also forgot Tron was part of Kingdom Hearts 2, that is a huge accomplishment, it brings Tron to a younger generation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast