Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

The Clinkerbelle's Weekend Trip Report, including Toy Story Mania Construction Pics

The Clinkerbelle's made their triumphant (not so much) return to Disneyland this weekend.

In the process, getting you some never before seen (yeah right) pictures of Toy Story Mania as taken from the Sun Wheel (that part's true).

We arrived at the resort about 3:00 on Saturday

Those legs behind us on the escalator belong to the one and only, Frogberto (it was good seeing you yesterday BTW, however brief)

We headed into DCA first

These are new. I don't care for them, but I guess the more guests know about YOAMD the better

What time is it?

We haded to HPB first. Decorations are starting to show up everywhere

Tower

I hate doing trip reports that compare different Disney parks or rides, but since we are fresh from our most recent FL trip, it's really hard not to compare here. After every trip to Florida, the first few rides on DCA's tower are really a let-down. I REALLY wish they would flip the switch and start the random drop sequences. This ride NEVER has a line, even on the busiest of days and not knowing what each ride is going to be like would be awesome as well as breathe new life into the attraction.

Next, we headed for paradise pier

After getting some FP's for Screamin' (a ride that still get's a line when it's busy) we headed for the sun wheel, non-swinging cars.

Toy Story Construction Pics, as taken from the Sun Wheel

The entire project looks awesome. When riding Screamin', you can REALLY see the details in the buildings. They caught Monorail Man's eye when we rode today. Hopefully they will at least be doing 'something' to the Screamin' queue area when this ride opens, or the line is going to look even more like a Six Flags queue than it does now.

Okay, sorry, another FL comparison

From the top of the Sun Wheel, you can see MANY things in Disneyland. Splash Mtn, Thunder Mtn, Matterhorn, Space Mtn. EVEN the rockets in Tomorrowland (yes the new ones on the ground). But, one thing you can't see ... the freakin' castle.

Granted, I still LOVE Disneyland's castle, but maybe trimming some trees around it so it can be seen more would be a good thing. 50 years of growth around a castle isn't always a good thing.

After Sun Wheel, we headed for Screamin'. Fun ride as usual.

More Paradise Pier

I love that it's getting darker earlier now. You can see DCA at night, and it looks ALOT better at night.

We then headed over to Disneyland, and were SHOCKED to see PoD. It was supposed to start at 4:30, and it was about 5:15 at this time. (Apparently the taping of the Christmas parade ran late). The parade didn't do any of the show-stops since it was so late.

We then went to check the wait board, and saw a 5 minute wait for Small World Holiday so we headed back there.

Wreath on the way

Of course, when we got back there (to our NOT surprise) it was anything but.

So, we just got some pictures of the exterior.

The Fam

The Castle, with no night-time snow effects

After that we decided to call it a night since we wanted to be at the park for opening.

We headed by Sonic for dinner and then to the hotel.

Stay Tuned for Sunday, as the MiceChatter's invade Disneyland (but mostly DCA)

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: The Clinkerbelle's Weekend Trip Report, including Toy Story Mania Construction Pi

Nice Pics as always Sir Clinksalot

Re: The Clinkerbelle's Weekend Trip Report, including Toy Story Mania Construction Pi

thanks for sharing

• Goofy

Wow great pictures.

• Cal Poly DL Lover

awesome pics!!
    THANKS

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• Circle of Ancients

Sunday:

After a not so great nights sleep (neighbors in the hotel kept us up) we made it for opening.

Beautiful, even after only a few hours of sleep

Kid POV

I love being there in the morning, you can get some nice un-crowded pictures

First up, Mr. Toad. (My favorite FL ride)

Next, Pinnochio and Casey Jr.

Next, Small World Holiday. It was about a 5 second wait. (seriously)

Is it just me, or does this say Aashee?

After getting some breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace and getting some Space Mtn FP's (that we never used) we headed for Haunted Mansion.

Looks like they may be decorating Critter Country this year

After hopping on the train, we ended up back on Main Street, and made our way slowly up to the Hub for the meet.

First to greet us, Pezz Lightyear

I apologize in advance, I'm TERRIBLE with names. The two on the left I forget, I know Forbidden Eye is on the right. Nevertheless, it was nice meeting you.

Crazy Legs

aashee

cmpaley

My best good friend, Fishbulb

Dustysage and Pipeek talking about something or other

MonorailMan crashed the party

We all then headed over to WhiteWater for lunch. Yummy nachos.

Then it was off to DCA and Tough to Be A Bug

The group

Okay, so I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I'll admit that. But DCA has been open for how long? And I've seen the bugs show how many times? Well, today was the first time I realized, this tree was supposed to be the tree from the movie.

Duh ...

Our youngest and his uncle Fishbulb

No flash pictures

We then headed for Monsters Inc and then to Tower. Our group, front row on your left, first and second row on your right

After Tower, we headed for the Cove Bar and sat around and chatted for a bit. It was really nice seeing Maryanninwonderland (and hubby) again as well as meeting our new friend from Vancouver. I know your real name (I won't post it here) but forget your screen name. Please remind me. And of course, Grumpy4 who met us at the Cove Bar just to say hey.

We took one last ride on Screamin' then headed out of the park about 5ish. We had a REALLY fun day with some REALLY awesome people.

Last edited by sir clinksalot; 11-11-2007 at 09:55 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Great pics as always Gregg! Thanks!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks for the report Clinks! We got stuck in the bathroom and the Animation Studios was closed so Aaron and I got split up with you guys. I was great seeing you all. Another fun meet as always!

Oh, it's nice to know my screen name means Happy Holidays in Afrikaner.

You have a very nice family, always a treat seeing the bunch.

Chad

• Mickey is not my Brother

Nice second part of your TR

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yay for my favorite MiceChat family. I miss you guys. Glad to see you had a great weekend!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Glad you had a great weekend! Loved the pictures!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Looks like a fun weekend! Thanks for the pictures...it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Glad you had a good time.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The Clinkerbelle's made their triumphant (not so much) return to Disneyland this weekend. ...

Those legs behind us on the escalator belong to the one and only, Frogberto (it was good seeing you yesterday BTW, however brief)
    Yep, those are my legs! It was great to see all of you also - hope you had fun! Love the pics you posted -- they are great~!
    Last edited by RobotMirror; 11-12-2007 at 09:54 AM.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Dagnabit, wish we could have been there this weekend. Love the night shots (and the Clinks and other dear MiceChatter shots). Looked like a nice, fairly calm weekend to hit the parks.

Thanks!
    Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Hope you had fun!!! Nice pics!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast