Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Need help planning first visit to DLR...

Southern California is more than just amusement parks.

I, personally, can't imagine going to Knott's Berry Farm or Six Flags Magic Mountain on a vacation. They're relatively generic.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    Aren't there really long lines in DL and DCA, my dad went there twenty years ago and complained of long lines...here at HKDL there are really low wait times, even on weekends, space mountain is empty and I'm usually the only one in the ride who's having fun...we picked two weeks because we go to HKDL every Saturday and we just want to go to a bigger place. We love Disney. We've been to every Disney theme park except for DLR in California.
    If you want to get an idea of what you can do in a day you might look at purchasing RideMax software, it has taught me a lot about getting the most out of the park. And given the state of the US Dollar on the exchange market it probably so cheap that they have to give you money.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I, personally, can't imagine going to Knott's Berry Farm or Six Flags Magic Mountain on a vacation. They're relatively generic.
    Depends on where you are coming from.

Knott's still has some of that old Knott's charm. It's not completely overridden by roller coasters... yet. There is a lot of history there. The mine train ride and the log ride are both classic and well worth the short trip from Disneyland, especially if you are staying two weeks.

I would recommend going to Magic Mountain (or Cedar Point) if you love roller coasters as they are the two big roller coaster parks in the US. There are Internet clubs that do nothing but visit roller coaster parks like Theme Park Review. Obviously you wouldn't go to either of those parks if an unthemed (or sparsely themed at Magic Mountain) coaster environment isn't your thing.

There are a lot of places and things to see in Southern California and it all depends on what you are looking for.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    That's such i good idea DisneyIpresume... i might go with this schedule...

DAY 1: Disneyland

Day 2: DCA

DAY 3: Disneyland

DAY 4: Universal Studios

DAY 5: DCA

DAY 6: Disneyland

DAY 7: Disneyland

DAY 8: Universal Studios

Day 9: Hollywood

DAY 10: DCA

DAY 11: Disneyland

DAY 12: DCA

DAY 13: Disneyland or maybe six flags or goo shopping

Day 14: Disneyland

DAY 15: Back to HONG KONG(where the small one reigns...)

I'll have to tell my parents at night to check if they allow it or not...Thanks...
    PS:I HATE THE BEACH
    That's a little better -- still way too much Disneyland but whatever floats your boat...

And the beach thing -- forgive me but whenever people ask about visiting the DLR I almost always insist they visit the beach. They might hate it but having lived here all my life, to me the beach is just as sacred as Disneyland is. The only difference is Disneyland is inland by about 10- 15 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Southern California is more than just amusement parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Depends on where you are coming from.

Knott's still has some of that old Knott's charm. It's not completely overridden by roller coasters... yet. There is a lot of history there. The mine train ride and the log ride are both classic and well worth the short trip from Disneyland, especially if you are staying two weeks.

I would recommend going to Magic Mountain (or Cedar Point) if you love roller coasters as they are the two big roller coaster parks in the US. There are Internet clubs that do nothing but visit roller coaster parks like Theme Park Review. Obviously you wouldn't go to either of those parks if an unthemed (or sparsely themed at Magic Mountain) coaster environment isn't your thing.

There are a lot of places and things to see in Southern California and it all depends on what you are looking for.
    Um...

Knott's has and always will have a soft spot in my heart. It is the place along with Disneyland that you take your aunt, uncle and cousins from Idaho to whenever they come for a visit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

yep! it's confirmed! the latest timetable(which DisneyIPresume has kindly quoted) is confirmed! we booked the days in DL hotel and the two parks as well as USH.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

The longest I have been to DLR is for 5 days, we took everything very leisurely, took breaks in the afternoon, we would just sit and people watch, and ride our favorite rides over and over. I would definately do it again, especially if I had kids or a larger group going. Enjoy your time, take in all the details and if you can do some of the tours. Then when you get home let us know how it went!
    Christina

• Mickey is not my Brother

go to Disney studios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12