Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Candy Canes 2007 - the schedule

Hm... I am thinking Disneyland on those dates, get a few for Christmas stockings... What time should I get there by? I mean I have a 2 hour drive so I am thinking leave here by 6am?

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Hm... I am thinking Disneyland on those dates, get a few for Christmas stockings... What time should I get there by? I mean I have a 2 hour drive so I am thinking leave here by 6am?
    If I was there trying to get one, I'd be there when the gates open. I've seen them sell out quickly...and I've also seen them sitting around in the late afternoon. But to be on the safe side, I would get there as early as possible. Besides, by getting there early you can now spend a full day at the park.....yeah, baby!!!
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Nooooo I am supposed to leave on the 8th! I am so tempted to go the morning of the 8th (if that is indeed when they are doing it) and get 2 before I leave, they look so good.
    Christina

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Candy Cane Production dates:

December 9th
    December 17th
    December 22nd

There is a limit of two (2) per guest. Arrive early and get in line. THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH GUARENTEED TO BE GONE BY AFTERNOON.

The Candy Makers must brave 100 degree temperatures for long stretches. The candy canes are huge and fresh. Not to be missed.
    Well I for one, am still in hopes that they will be making them on the 14th also!!! Phooey..............just when I find something cool to watch, it is snatched right out of my hands. Waahhhhhhh!

• Again! Again! Again!

There may be different dates, but in the last few years that I've been going to get them, they have always made them on Fridays. Just sayin...
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

You can call the Candy Line, 714-781-0112

so what are the officail dates? anyone know. so far we all have different dates.

• Semi-Lurker

Since I helped make these for several years, I can tell you that if you like candy canes in the least bit, you have to try a fresh one. As far as the limited production, they are by far the hardest, hottest, most time consuming thing that is made in the candy kitchen. When I asked why we didn't make them more often, I was told that it was a dollar and cents decision since we could make much more of the other types of candy in the time it took to make a couple of dozen canes. By the way, I don't know if they still do it since it was almost twenty years ago that I worked there, but we used to make candy cane hearts filled with fudge pieces for valentines day.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    In this picture you can see them adding the colored stripes, some will be thick and some thin.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    It sounds weird, but it's totally true! They are the best!

Those pictures are a great explanation of how they are made. What you can't see is that the little room has to be kept super warm in order to keep the sugar pliable. They also place the candy under a heater by the window to keep it soft while shaping it, so it doesn't break. It's very cool to watch.
    Thanks for pointing that out SusieP. In the above picture you can see the candy brick sitting in the warming area with a bunch of little flames behind it. Like Susie said, they keep the bulk in this area so it remains pliable.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the pics!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    so what are the officail dates? anyone know. so far we all have different dates.
    The dates I previously posted are the 'official' dates as passed along from the Store Operations department. As alway things can change. Take for example last year, when one of the days that Candy Canes were supposed to be made was cancelled, the reason?
    The Show Kitchen was not heated enough. In order to make the candy canes, the room must be hot.
    Last edited by Wally; 11-14-2007 at 07:04 PM. Reason: 'states' was supposed to be 'dates'
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExCandyMaker View Post
    By the way, I don't know if they still do it since it was almost twenty years ago that I worked there, but we used to make candy cane hearts filled with fudge pieces for valentines day.
    No. Way.

I've never seen this, but that would be so awesome!

Dear fabulous Disney Candy Palace Party People,

We want this. Thanks!

A signature should go here.

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky B View Post

This is a great find, I just called it and they tell you what they are making fresh for the entire week.
    We are going for 5 days over Thanksgiving, and will be calling it on Monday, to see if we might get lucky for the Candy Canes, since there is so much conflicting information!
    Thanks for sharing.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky B View Post
    I have a lot of Numbers, but that is one that I am missing.
    Thanks.

Wish they would make them in Nov (next mon (19)-wed (21)).
    That's when I'll be there.
    Now I really want one.
    Might have to brib the friends who live there to go down early.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I SO need some of these on December 8th when we're there! I hope SO much we can get them. Any idea how long you have to wait in line? We have to leave for the airport that day.

• Merrily on my way to

We got ours today! November 23 seemed awfully early but since it was one of the original days posted we headed out just in case. We got there at about noon and the lady at the candy store said they would be making a third and final round for the day and to come back in an hour or so. We did and were the second group in line. We were lucky enough to be able to see a lot of the actual production from the line. The price has gone up $2 from last year making them a whopping $10 each. We were in line for about an hour. They told us they usually get around 45 canes out in each batch. They got 47 in our round. They were still warm when we purchased them. They are beautiful!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast