Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Sock Puppet

Re: Dan - Tasmic!'s ONE DAY ONLY SURPRISE Trip Report For 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    When we are in the park as guests, we are just that...guests.
    Not only that, but since he isn't a CM anymore, he gives us Disneyland fans, the kind who post on message boards and stuff, a bad reputation with that kind of behavior, especially when he flaunts it in his trip report complete with photos.

It makes it seem like we think we're entitled to special treatment or something. I have no problem speaking out against this kind of behavior and hope that others do the same.

• A Weather Eye Open

Sorry about Stitch maybe he and the goat are off having an adventure of their own together. Great pictures.
    LMAO, i miss the goat! hope he's back soon!

what about celeb's going in through the exit? that makes me more upset than CMs. at least CMs are working stiffs like the rest of the world.

• i FOUND nemo!!

MaryAnnInWonderland:

Hahaha cute!!!!!!! Minnie and Mickey's houses are always fun! Thanks for the pics!
    "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by NemoRanger View Post
    Aah, Same Here! It's unfortunate that he was allowed through FP and entirely inappropriate. Then again, it's not like Dan can be term'd ... he already was.
    That's just rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Incredibly shameful of you to use a nametag to try and weasel your way into the Fastpass line. The CM that allowed it should be fired. I'm disappointed you thought you were more important than the hundreds of people waiting in the standby line.

Next time get a proper Fastpass.
    OMG. Take a chill pill. Fired for letting someone in through the FP line? Yikes. That's a little extreme. And people wonder why the working atmosphere stinks. Constant threat of termination for even a small thing.

Your trainer was wrong.

Does it happen that CM's will get in through the exit/FP line? Yes, yes it does. Is it supposed to happen? No it is not. When we are in the park as guests, we are just that...guests. We are not to give or receive preferential treatment.

You know that your trainer was inaccurate with that advice. If you had talked to a TL manager about it, what do you think they would have said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Not only that, but since he isn't a CM anymore, he gives us Disneyland fans, the kind who post on message boards and stuff, a bad reputation with that kind of behavior, especially when he flaunts it in his trip report complete with photos.

It makes it seem like we think we're entitled to special treatment or something. I have no problem speaking out against this kind of behavior and hope that others do the same.
    OMFreekingG! Down boy! Down! I'm sure you're not normally this nasty. Dan's a really nice guy and doesn't deserve to be treated like crap. In fact, no one does.

This is what I'm hearing from you guys:

This is what I think: YIKES!! Lay off the guy!

I always try my best to follow the rules. We all do. But, none of us are perfect, so should we try to pull the straw out from the other's eye, while disregarding the rafter in our own? (don't worry about other people's problems, or w/e. we all have enough crap of our own to fill a landfill. let's not start throwing it around.)

Repeat after me: Owaaa... tafoooo... liammm.... Let's just calm down. MiceChat is the 2nd Happiest Place on Earth, after all... is it not?

And say what you want about me. Sticks and stones, and all that stuff.

Great TR, Dan! Glad to see you could make it back to the resort and have some fun! I'm so sorry about Stitch, though. :sad: At least you can technically buy another one...

Come on, AP! Get back into Dan's wallet soon!!

what about celeb's going in through the exit? that makes me more upset than CMs. at least CMs are working stiffs like the rest of the world.
    Celeb's go in through the exits when they have a Plaid with them. And even then, a Plaid does not guarantee they are going through exits. Plaids have certain 'credentials' if you will, that tell the CM of the priority of the group. Generally, it is for the safety of the celebrity, as well as the guests. Have you ever been around when a celeb was present? They are mobbed by guests when they are just trying to enjoy the day with their family.

I'm sure you're not normally this nasty.
    Just out of morbid curiousity, how was anything I said 'nasty.' Dan stated that his trainer told him he could do that, so it's ok. My point was that he knows the trainer was wrong about that. In other words, we should take responsibilty for our own actions and not blame them upon other people. Have I used my so-called cm pull to get in through the fp or exits? Sure I have. Am I going to say..."well, my lead let me do it, so it must be ok?" No, I'm not. I know that I shouldn't be doing that and I therefore own the fact that I have behaved wrongly.

I've never said or implied that Dan is or is not a nice person. I am not qualified to be the judge of that and I have never professed myself to be.
    Last edited by kriskitty22; 11-13-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Just out of morbid curiousity, how was anything I said 'nasty.' Dan stated that his trainer told him he could do that, so it's ok. My point was that he knows the trainer was wrong about that. In other words, we should take responsibilty for our own actions and not blame them upon other people. Have I used my so-called cm pull to get in through the fp or exits? Sure I have. Am I going to say..."well, my lead let me do it, so it must be ok?" No, I'm not. I know that I shouldn't be doing that and I therefore own the fact that I have behaved wrongly.

I've never said or implied that Dan is or is not a nice person. I am not qualified to be the judge of that and I have never professed myself to be.
    Pfft... no need to be in fear of your life.

I understand the point you're trying to make. I just think it might have been said a little nicer, is all.

I don't see how what I said was mean? Some of the other comments were quite abrasive...but I'm not seeing the hostility that seems to be seen in mine.

No matter...hostility was not my intentioin. Factuality was my main goal. Factuality...is that a word? If not...it is now.

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry that you guys took it the wrong way. I didn't mean to sound like what it sounded like. It's not I do it on every attraction I go to, but just Buzz because I knew most of the people that worked there, but they left. I wanted to try to see if the new ghires would let me, and they did.

Again, I apologize to all who took it the wrong way.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I don't see how what I said was mean? Some of the other comments were quite abrasive...but I'm not seeing the hostility that seems to be seen in mine.

No matter...hostility was not my intentioin. Factuality was my main goal. Factuality...is that a word? If not...it is now.
    Well, I guess I was caught up in a fervor from the other posts, that when I read yours, I took it the same way as the others. I apologize for the mistake in judgement.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Sorry, for picking on your Trip Report for the 3rd time now, Dan. Just been loving the Christmas decorated It's a Small World. IMHO you have taken the best picture of it, right here. So beautiful and so cool.

Hey Danny Boy,
    Your youtube embedded video is no longer there. How about removing it from your signature and saving some pixels....

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Hey Danny Boy,
    Your youtube embedded video is no longer there. How about removing it from your signature and saving some pixels....
    Hmm. I just watched it.

As a total outsider, knowing nothing much of the politics of working or having worked there...I actually thought that the picture with the nametag was a joke. Especially b/c he mentioned getting fastpasseS (not just one for his friend). So for any current CMs worried about how the outside world sees such behaviour...at least in my case, they don't take it all that seriously!

Dan, whenever I look at your signature, I get such a sense of solidarity. You sound like you really wish you weren't gone. My husband was laid along with all of Seattle amazon customer service off from a company (um, amazon, lol) he loved, and a year later I chose to quit from the same company, not b/c I wanted to leave but because my boss was absolutely horrible, wouldn't get off my case, and wouldn't let me leave his team or move away from his department. That was in late '02, and just a few months ago it could still bring tears to my eyes, how much I missed the company. (now those tears have stopped b/c after 6 years they asked DH to come back in a new department, so he's back and we can go to company summer picnics again, lol) So whenever I see your quote about starting with the mouse and ending with management, I feel for how you must feel about it.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Anyway, I liked your trip report, and I cannot believe how many pictures you put into that first post, AND what on earth is that person over on the left doing, in your second picture??? Falling? Getting up? Bending over just to bend over? I'm confused!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123