Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Partner Site

New Matterhorn Cars

All new trains are being constructed for Disneyland's Matterhorn. These trains will be based on Florida's Space Mountain cars, seating three passengers behind each other per car. Where the old cars held four passengers, and younger children could ride next to their parents, expect lines to increase in length and height limits will most likely raise from 35 inches to either 40 or 42.

This news is brought to you by MiceChat site partner, Disney Reporter.
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 11-14-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Please do not hotlink pictures from other sites.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

Re: New Matterhorn Cars

What is the primary source evidence for this "news." WDI has been outsourcing the rebuilding of the old cars at great expense. Also does Disney know and authorize the use of their trademark logo in your webpage? They have sued and taken down sites for the unauthroized use of their trademark before.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wha! Where's the nose???

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaustx View Post
    What is the primary source evidence for this "news." WDI has been outsourcing the rebuilding of the old cars at great expense. Also does Disney know and authorize the use of their trademark logo in your webpage? They have sued and taken down sites for the unauthroized use of their trademark before.

Talk about a kill joy, WOW!

The new sleds look really odd, I wonder if that pic is of the lead car or the trailer? Anyone know for sure?

This is a prototype model that was built over the summer, WDI is rebuilding the old cars and they look very nice. This model is sitting backstage at Disneyland and somehow its now "news", there have been several threads on here about this model, including a camera phone shot. The unlicensed use of the Disney logo, Disney Parks logo or other intellectual Disney property without a licensing agreement can get you into serious trouble. A Florida company was using the name "Disney Vacations" and Disney sued the company, shut down their website and basically put the two person organization out of business. The Florida court ruled that the unauthorized use of the Disney name in a website url or headline on a home page violates Disney's intellectual property rights, there is an iron fist under that white glove.
    Last edited by chrisaustx; 11-14-2007 at 02:56 PM.

• Yo!

Since when has DL started outsourcing the rebuilding of their ride vehicles?? A lot of that work is usually done in-house. What makes the Matterhorn the exception to this?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• MiceChat Partner Site

What logo are you refering too?

• MiceChat Partner Site

Well, Disney isn't just rebuilding these old cars. They're redesigning them (1 column with three rows rather than 2 columns with two rows), so I'm not sure how it will affect how the cars sit on the track.

• The One and Only

The problem logo I see and that I think others are talking about is the name and design of "Disney" it self.
    Less work is Good. More Football and Disney is even Better.

GO BOLTS!!!

Cal-Pro Real Estate Inspections
    Bakersfield, CA.
    www.CalProInspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by disneyreporter View Post
    Well, Disney isn't just rebuilding these old cars. They're redesigning them (1 column with three rows rather than 2 columns with two rows), so I'm not sure how it will affect how the cars sit on the track.
    What is your primary source evidence from WDI that new cars will be constructed? Why Mr. Davidson is WDI spending money on sending the old cars to a vendor for them to be rebuilt? Why would WDI spend thousands of dollars per car in this project, when they will just be junked whne the new cars come, this does not make sense. The Disney logo is used many times on your web page and you are using it as well on your posts, look under the pirate. Not even the Disney Character Warehouse is allowed to use this logo in their advertisements, since they don't want to pay the outrageous fee Disney charges for the use of this logo. I know hosting a page at godaddy.com is cheap, but come on, as I said, that mouse has an iron fist under his glove, a smuggled backstage photo of a prototype model and the unlicensed used of company intellectual property, I am sure Mickey won't like that one bit.

• Yo!

I'll ask again....what vendor are they sending the current ones to to be rebuilt? This is not normal practice, and I'm curious why the Matterhorn is an exception here.

Rebuilding of the trains is normal maintenance. They're always going to continue with the current maintenance schedule unless they know for sure that they're purchasing new bobsleds. For all we know is that it could be currently in the works, or not in the works at all, but they're just not going to stop maintenance on the current fleet. They won't do that until they know for sure the next fleet is on its way.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Sock Puppet

a smuggled backstage photo of a prototype model and the unlicensed used of company intellectual property, I am sure Mickey won't like that one bit.
    Why do you care so much? Let Mickey fight his own battles.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by disneyreporter View Post
    What logo are you refering too?
    The word Disney in your banner is probably the one in question. Using the name and script can probably lead you into a lot of trouble if they found out about your site.

Even by having the name Disney in your webaddress is risky if it's not an offiical Disney site. This is why there are other sites called miceage, mouseplanet, laughing place, etc etc. They use words that aren't owned by any one global company.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I shot a photo of the packing slip, but its hard to read where the car came from. I am an investor of Disney, I care because that logo should be earning revenue, it is not in the public domain and Disney should be paid everytime this guy uses it, he is not a non profit or educational organization, he should be paying for its use.

• Circle of Ancients

As I've stated before, I don't think less seats necessarily means less capacity, especially in this case.

More often than not, you are seeing trains go out with 4 people or maybe 5. This pretty much guarantees in most cases (when the trains are loaded correctly) that cars will be going out with 6 riders each and every time. VERY rarely do cars go out with more than 6 now.

So the capacity may actually go up or my guess is, stay about the same.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast