Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Al Lutz on local news tonight regarding Disneyland [Video Inside]

Well on Sun, I am going to try to smuggle in an urn with white sand in it and if security catches me I will say that my brother's cousin's dog-watcher wanted to part ways with the world by being dumped into his most beloved attraction...I don't know which one to say...something weird...but I don't think any are weird...

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, if you REALLY want to know about some outrageous, over the top reactions to dear Al's success, there's this one particular web-footed site--which shall remain nameless--where my sisters and I sometimes swoop in on and what we have read over there from this one particular old fool is actually quite slanderous. Al would have a perfecty legitimate right to sue the pants off such an idiot if he wante to. But obviously he has much better things to do with his time.

ORWEN: I don't think many of the ducklings over there even take that old fool very seriously, anyway.

ORDDU: I certainly hope not. But it's tragic to see someone making a career out of bashing someone else like that. Whatever this negative ninny's motivations are--such as jealousy or whatever--it's most unsettlig and unhealthy. His venomous attacks against Al and anyone who supports him are unbelievable. This particular sour puss even claims that all of us who post on these boards are a part of a cult that Al is in charge of. He would have others belive that we're all a part of some unholy mission of some sort; as if we're practially in league with some sort of Terrorist movement. Can you imagine?

ORGOCH: Aw, that ol' jerk's not worth the time he takes ta fart! Just don't pay no attention ta the nasty goomer.

ORWEN: Especially not now--with Thanksgiving and all the other holidays coming up. MiceChat is the REAL place to find good natured laughter!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Well, if you REALLY want to know about some outrageous, over the top reactions to dear Al's success, there's this one particular web-footed site--which shall remain nameless--where my sisters and I sometimes swoop in on and what we have read over there from this one particular old fool is actually quite slanderous. Al would have a perfecty legitimate right to sue the pants off such an idiot if he wante to. But obviously he has much better things to do with his time.

ORWEN: I don't think many of the ducklings over there even take that old fool very seriously, anyway.

ORDDU: I certainly hope not. But it's tragic to see someone making a career out of bashing someone else like that. Whatever this negative ninny's motivations are--such as jealousy or whatever--it's most unsettlig and unhealthy. His venomous attacks against Al and anyone who supports him are unbelievable. This particular sour puss even claims that all of us who post on these boards are a part of a cult that Al is in charge of. He would have others belive that we're all a part of some unholy mission of some sort; as if we're practially in league with some sort of Terrorist movement. Can you imagine?

ORGOCH: Aw, that ol' jerk's not worth the time he takes ta fart! Just don't pay no attention ta the nasty goomer.

ORWEN: Especially not now--with Thanksgiving and all the other holidays coming up. MiceChat is the REAL place to find good natured laughter!!!
    Ah, yes! That's where I first met you 3 entertaining witches, (and was
    to have been the best man at one of your weddings.) Just have to say
    I'm glad MiceChat is here and that you are posting here! Your company
    would certainly be missed.

It is bizarre, how some other Disney Chat pages always feel "obligated"
    to start at least one new topic, every time Al posts a new article. It is
    so difficult/nearly impossible for those topics to focus the topic, and most
    of the time they end up focusing on Al insteadt ~ It seems better that if
    they can't focus on the DL topic, it IS better for them to just close the
    topic altogether. And then there are chat boards that are infected by
    just one or two people, but when the topic turns to attacks, and
    moderators defend the personal attacks, the "infection spreads" and
    then others join in the attacks ~ it really ruins the reputation of that
    site even worse, than just shutting down on topic. I just don't have the
    patience that you 3 witches have. But then again, I don't have the
    ability to turn people into frogs, either.

• Banned User

And isn't that what this has been turning into?
    And why does Disney really keep lying about the ashes? When I was a CM many moons ago, maids and butlers would tell me stories about how they caught people with urns ALL time time on HM...but Disney is lying...

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Last night (Friday) one of the local news stations included info about the dumping of ashes at Disneyland by saying the "Pirates of the Caribean was closed today due to ...".
    At first I thought, "Oh no, they did it again?"
    Then I realized that it was just some moron at the local channel finally catching up to speed.
    Gotta love the local news...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

MOD NOTE: We do not allow the negative comments or bashing of other Disney websites. Please keep your comments to the subject of the thread.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I believe it is more or less a jealous reaction. If you think about it... Miceage would probably not like it if we linked to MP on a continual basis... It depends, I haven't seen the actual thread because I am not a big MP fan and do not wish to go on there. I also think part of it is they only wanted Al... because he broke the story... and that has to bug the heck out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    It's pretty pathetic, but I imagine they're afraid of losing their half dozen posters to a site that's actually active. "Our policy is not to allow other sites to be mentioned, 'cause we can't take the competition!"
    I don't claim to know all the internal machinations that went on, but Our Al was at the root of starting up MP as the logical outgrowth and extension of his "Disneyland Information Guide" that started as a personal webpage on AOL. It grew, and from what I can tell there were disagreements on whether to be totally objective and be shunned by the WDC or to be 'Rah-Rah Disney Cheerleaders' and get the Press Passes and invited to all the "Insider Events". And the two sides parted ways... Well, let's just say "less than amicably" a few years after it started.

(Remember, "If'n you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." I am hereby commencing with the shutting up.)

And since I'm primarily over here at MA/MC, every time I show up over there I get the classic Cold Shoulder from the Admins. In person, even - I see a certain someone on the Tram and can't even get a Hello.

Fine by me, it's their loss.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    MOD NOTE: We do not allow the negative comments or bashing of other Disney websites. Please keep your comments to the subject of the thread.
    Well, at least we can TALK about other Disney websites.
    And let's get this train back on the tracks after that horrible de-railment, shall we? Danke.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, over at Wikipedia, Al Lutz has a page and someone has nominated it for deletion.

Please go to this page and add your comments on the fact that the page should be saved, or deleted (whatever is your opinion).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Al_Lutz

Also feel free to edit the main page if you think there is something that needs to be added or changed.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

ORGOCH: I'll bet us Cauldron gals could guess who was behind that deletion thing--without even havin' ta look inta the ol' crystal!!

ORWEN: Sure we could! It's that same lunatic who's always bashing poor AL. (sigh) Oh, well...Hey Aladdin! Nice to see you, too! We've actually been on MiceChat for a long time, now. The ducklings here are protected from evil old crows a lot more, here, than on certain other web-footed sites.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

To the lovely witched, I have No Idea what you are talking about...

Jumping On a New Vacation Name
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

While we're being careful to not bash other sites, I think discussion of some of the venom being directed at Al for the way his current story has grown is not entirely out of line. I keep forgetting that Al has his detractors, and it was an eyeful to read the Wikipedia article.

For what it's worth, in my opinion Micechat has traditionally taken the high road here and I commend the mods and administrators for keeping us on track. Even though what we REALLY want to say is.....

:

• Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Even though what we REALLY want to say is.....

:

• Always watching...

Now I know Al's story has hit the big time...On NBC's ON Demand channel (on Time Warner Cable), Al's story is listed, so you watch it whenever you want, over and over.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    I don't claim to know all the internal machinations that went on, but Our Al was at the root of starting up MP as the logical outgrowth and extension of his "Disneyland Information Guide" that started as a personal webpage on AOL. It grew, and from what I can tell there were disagreements on whether to be totally objective and be shunned by the WDC or to be 'Rah-Rah Disney Cheerleaders' and get the Press Passes and invited to all the "Insider Events". And the two sides parted ways... Well, let's just say "less than amicably" a few years after it started.

(Remember, "If'n you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." I am hereby commencing with the shutting up.)

And since I'm primarily over here at MA/MC, every time I show up over there I get the classic Cold Shoulder from the Admins. In person, even - I see a certain someone on the Tram and can't even get a Hello.

Fine by me, it's their loss.

--<< Bruce >>--
    While I may have officially joined the ranks recently... I date all the way back to this time! I know the individuals you speak of, thankfully I am not part of the politics because I never officially joined either camp until recently. I have always enjoyed the articles and while this may incur some wrath... I tend to bounce one site off the other when checking the details of various rumors and stories. Nothing personal, I just try to verify as much as possible prior to weighing an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    FYI, over at Wikipedia, Al Lutz has a page and someone has nominated it for deletion.

Please go to this page and add your comments on the fact that the page should be saved, or deleted (whatever is your opinion).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Al_Lutz

Also feel free to edit the main page if you think there is something that needs to be added or changed.
    I had to send my Mom that exact article because she asked who Al was... she knew MA by name, never been on it, but caught the news and dropped me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    While we're being careful to not bash other sites, I think discussion of some of the venom being directed at Al for the way his current story has grown is not entirely out of line. I keep forgetting that Al has his detractors, and it was an eyeful to read the Wikipedia article.

For what it's worth, in my opinion Micechat has traditionally taken the high road here and I commend the mods and administrators for keeping us on track. Even though what we REALLY want to say is.....

:
    A lot of us try to take the high road, and I thank the Admin/Mod's for allowing us to divert on a tangent from time to time. However if a "competitor's" site were to continually come up I would anticipate it closing on here as well... that, to my understanding, is the nature of the beast. But it does speak volumes of Al, because he has not had a public reaction to any of this... which is one of the things I appreciate about him.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast