Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• DLR

Re: Al Lutz on local news tonight regarding Disneyland

I was watching Bionic Women and a news commercial came up saying "...What was found on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean."

• Banned User

Ew.
    I'm sorry.. (about the Bionic Woman thing).
    Yeah, it sounds like Disney is trying to do some serious "damage" control lately with MiceAge...this kind of is upsetting. This seems to hark back to the PC days in the mid/early 90s...sigh

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

So...

Channel 4 is doing it too? I knew channel 7 was. It will be interesting to see channel 4's take on it especially since they are owned by Universal.

In any case. I saw a couple of teasers on channel 7. During Pushing Daisies they mentioned it somewhat vaguely and then again during Private Practice they said that there are real ghosts in the Haunted Mansion.

I have got to see what they are going to be talking about!

• Fairies and Mermaids!

This is one reason I'm glad to be going to school down here in the OC... (Sorry, NorCal kid)...

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• Minion

Actually thinking about it is really disgusting
    especially in haunted mansion.
    Imagine being in the doom buggy behind the person spreading ashes

*shivers*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

There was just a blurb on Fox 11, but no interview.
    A signature should go here.

• DLR

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Ew.
    I'm sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    There was just a blurb on Fox 11, but no interview.
    I just saw that too!

Now I am going to wait until 11 for channel 7.

Also, did anyone see a comet, "O" I think, last night? I heard about it on the news last night...

**When did they find the powder? I read on a news site that it was Friday....

• Imaginative Possibilities

Personally I feel there was no reason for Al to bring such news out into the spotlight, yes the matter is serious and horrible, but what about the fact that Disney is doing what they are supposed in the situation. They follow proper procedures and the fantastic cast are trained in handling such situations. I could see Disney being interrogated if nothing was being done or even properly done for that matter, but for Al to draw first blood fully knowing his media attention was WRONG...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It was lots of fun tonight with Al. I waited out in front of his house with him for the ABC news team to arrive. They did their interview and just as they pulled away, the NBC news truck arrived. His phone was ringing off the hook all night from various news organizations.

Just got home a bit ago. I see that ABC is already running a promo: "Is it the ultimate E-Ticket? Find out how some people plan to spend eternity - tonight on the eleven o'clock news."

Both NBC and ABC are running promos. They know an interesting sweeps story when they see one
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    Personally I feel there was no reason for Al to bring such news out into the spotlight, yes the matter is serious and horrible, but what about the fact that Disney is doing what they are supposed in the situation. They follow proper procedures and the fantastic cast are trained in handling such situations. I could see Disney being interrogated if nothing was being done or even properly done for that matter, but for Al to draw first blood fully knowing his media attention was WRONG...
    I don't think Al reporting about it was meant in any way to be vicious...quite frankly, I enjoy hearing about these sort of things. I think it's entertaining.

Perhaps he wanted to bring it to light also to let those know who potentially are thinking about doing this to understand that Disney will vacuume up their dearly departed's remains and dump them to who knows where...this type of media attention might actually get people to think twice about actually doing something as stupid as this.

• A Weather Eye Open

*ahem*

The local news outlets have been following Al for years.
    It seems like they're really jumping on him right now though, what with small world and now this. I hear strangers talking about it out of the corner of my ear all the time! (And of course I think, you don't even know who Al Lutz is or that this info came from him and a very dedicated little site called MiceAge...)
    Of course, if this happens every few years, I wouldn't know because I've only just moved down here in 2006. I just hope it kind of dies down soon.

Personally I feel there was no reason for Al to bring such news out into the spotlight
    You bring up a good point that I hadn't really thought about. I'm sure that Disney is doing all they can about this problem, and that if it gets worse, they'll figure something out. I mean really, what IS the solution to it?

And I really am concerned that it will give people ideas if they don't really emphasize that Disney cleans this stuff up that night, and that the ashes get thrown out. I think there are a lot of people who would think it would be cool to have their remains in a place like a Disneyland ride, and I hope it doesn't inspire anyone (even a kid with a zip-baggie full of grandma's ashes from the mantle).

It's about to be on channel 7; I don't know if I'll be watching it. Project Runway is on at this hour (I has to miss the actual premiere at 10 because of a class).

• Imaginative Possibilities

Yes people should know what happens to the ashes in order for them to think twice of such actions, but not in this way. I just hope when the feature rolls, they dont portray disney as doing nothing about it...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

and the race is on, who will be the one to get it posted here first........
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Perhaps he wanted to bring it to light also to let those know who potentially are thinking about doing this to understand that Disney will vacuume up their dearly departed's remains and dump them to who knows where...this type of media attention might actually get people to think twice about actually doing something as stupid as this.
    This is sort of what I was thinking. The stories of the one or two people doing this are sort of know, but a common occurrence has never really be discussed before. There's almost a part of me that thinks this is something Disney wanted him to say. How exactly would Disney go about addressing the issue? A press release or maybe a sign reading, "Please do not bring departed loved ones inside the Parks"? A third party is a nice way to get information out.

• A Weather Eye Open

i just watched it on ABC.

they said there was no way of knowing what was actually dumped in the ride, and that there's no conclusive proof that ANYONE'S ashes had ever been spread at DL.

BS? i think so. they can test for that stuff very easily, AND they have a special cleanup system. of course, you have to expect it since Disney is ABC's parent company; i'm surprised they even reported it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast