Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Friday - Nov. 16 - Crowds for C-mas?

Actually AwesomeMan,

My new thread is quite fine without your assumed criticism. The other thread of which you had to mention here deals only with weekend (Sat.-Sun.-Mon.) crowds. (MCers ... don't take this as being a mean rebuke to AwesomeMan. He didn't need to refer to the other post as they are dealing with different days. I know not to double threads.)

My post specifically asks about Friday, Nov. 16 and will be informative to those who come to this site with the same day-specific question.

- DPE
    Last edited by DizneeProfitEar; 11-15-2007 at 03:32 PM.
    "You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Re: How busy this weekend?

Any confirmation of what Hannah/Miley will be doing on Sunday? And what time she will be there? I know one little girl in my household who would love to see this.

And just because YOU don't like it (and if your not a pre-teen, why would you) I don't get why it bothers you that kids have someone who is a nice-wholesome entertainer to enjoy.

I'd MUCH rather have Hannah Montana for my kids to listen to than the pre-teen examples of a few years ago (Britney, etc).

• Circle of Ancients

I didn't get any "assumed-criticism" from awesomeman's post. You assume there was criticism, I saw it as helping. Especially when I was about to come in and refer you to the same thread.

No need to get hostile. You probably would have more people willing to answer your question if you wouldn't assume things.

• Sock Puppet

I don't think many people will show up.

Red Face Re: Friday - Nov. 16 - Crowds for C-mas?

Actually I am interested in crowds on Friday the 16th as well. I have to be in Anaheim for the weekend and wanted to bring my two young children to Disneyland for a couple of hours on Friday, without the assistance of their dear father. Since school is still in and many people work the basic 9-5 schedule, am I too optimist to think that the crowds could be OK until late afternoon?

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I'm going to Disneyland tomarrow after my Math class, so there shouldn't be any crowds. I went around this exact same time last year, and the crowds were very manageble.

• Hiding in the shadows

Tomorrow night may get busy with people shoing up for the fireworks and castly snow lighting, but during the day and early afternoon shouldnt be that bad.

MiceMom you will probably be fine if you arrive early. I know the parks can be hard with only one parent to manage the kids, good luck!

A little piece of heaven

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Fridays have been busy quite a bit lately. Especially when it starts to get dark. That's a common day for people who get off work to go there to beat the traffic or stop by to see the fireworks.

So the answer to your question is what's more important? Fireworks or smaller crowds? You'll have to see what's your bigger priority.

Chad

• MC State Comptroller

Well my apologies to everyone it offended. It was meant as a joke. I do not wish death on a 14 year-old girl, nor would i kill someone who did not first harm my family. It was my attempt at humor, which apparently went over like a fart in church. My sincerest apologies to those who it bothered.

I will make one comment though...skip down if you don't like soapboxes

I have been on these boards off and on for 2+ years. I have seen very similar posts done by others, in the same vein as mine, with nary a tap on the wrists. In fact some of those, which it bothers me to say escape my memory at the moment, were met with high howls of laughter. Some were met with responses like the ones above, but for the most part, the humor isn't subjective here, it seems to me the humor in posts like i made, depend on who posts them. Just like in high school, the more popular ones get away with more. Now i love micechat. It has helped through some really difficult times, but it is times like this, when i feel somewhat blasted for attempting a joke others made before that got laughs. To me this betrays the essence of mice chat. Now i accept responsibility for what i said and am sorry, but at the same time I am a little hurt at the double standard i see from mice chat right now.
    Feel free to forgive me for what i say, ban me to the litter box, or blast away at how i feel but right now i feel a little distant from things here at the M.C.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Yo!

I don't know, Veteran's Day this year was a lot less crowded with them delaying the start of the Christmas stuff. Since this weekend is now the official start of everything, I wouldn't go there expecting light crowds. Entirely the opposite, most likely.

Keep in mind tomorrow is the debut of A Christmas Fantasy, Believe, and the new castle lighting among other offerings, so it probably will be moderately to very crowded.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

We're checking into DLH tomorrow afternoon, we're leaving work and school early, so here's to hoping for light crowds. I'm not holding my breath though....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Any confirmation of what Hannah/Miley will be doing on Sunday? And what time she will be there? I know one little girl in my household who would love to see this.

And just because YOU don't like it (and if your not a pre-teen, why would you) I don't get why it bothers you that kids have someone who is a nice-wholesome entertainer to enjoy.

I'd MUCH rather have Hannah Montana for my kids to listen to than the pre-teen examples of a few years ago (Britney, etc).
    No time yet. But, she is supposed to be there to tape for the DL part of the WDW parade. Not a confirmed nor denied rumour... There may be some info out tomorrow, but they have been pretty secretive this yr about taping times and who will be there.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Don't forget that Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana is supposed to film Sun.
    Is this happening at night in front of the castle? Sunday is the first day I can go to see the fireworks, and if she's mucking it up with her pop nonsense I would like to stay away.

• Former Cast Member

I think you should just expect lighter crowds in the morning and then building as night falls and people get there for the christmas celebration events. I am going in the morning with my son and then going back in the evening with my wife. We are hoping that people will be enamoured (sp?) with the christmas stuff and forget to go on the E ticket rides which is what we want to do.

Exclamation Re: Friday - Nov. 16 - Crowds for C-mas?

It will be extreamly busy in the afternoon/night. Last year the parking structure was full and it was insane trying to get in after 4 or 5pm when the AP'er "after work" crowd hit. Even the Downtown Disney and overflow lots were filling up, and they ended up closing the gates for a short time. Of course I don't know for a fact if it will be that bad this year- but it is a warning so don't come back complaining about insane crowds, lol.

This might seem pointless to some people but it's "Christmas", not "CMas" or "XMas"- just a minor thing but it doesn't seem respectful to shorten the word. That's a whole 'nother topic though. Again, only my opinion on the subject.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 11-16-2007 at 04:20 AM.
    -Wes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast