Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How many of you will be at Disneyland tonight?

I have decided to leave here in about 30 min. to be at Disneyland for the rest of the day. I predict that the Mickey and Friends parking structure will close by 4pm and the gate will close by 5pm, so I am getting inside early.

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: How many of you will be at Disneyland tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaustx View Post
    I have decided to leave here in about 30 min. to be at Disneyland for the rest of the day. I predict that the Mickey and Friends parking structure will close by 4pm and the gate will close by 5pm, so I am getting inside early.
    So jealous, I would love to leave now and spend the rest of the day there, but alas, for me it is not to be. I will look forward to seeing everyone pics from this weekend as I will probably not make it out to see it for myself for a couple more weeks.

A little piece of heaven

• MC State Comptroller

Re: How busy this weekend? & Who's planning on going?

I still got a 7 1/2 hour drive before i even get to Dl. I got to check in to the hotel and everything before i can even get past the gate. I really wanted to get a few hours in at DL tonight, but with the drive and traffic and what everyone is saying here i think I may just have dinner in DTD.

i'll be there at rope drop Saturday tho!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• ROFLCOPTER!

Re: Friday - Nov. 16 - Crowds for C-mas?

Quick off topicness -

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    This might seem pointless to some people but it's "Christmas", not "CMas" or "XMas"- just a minor thing but it doesn't seem respectful to shorten the word. That's a whole 'nother topic though. Again, only my opinion on the subject.
    Actually, "xmas" is not disrespectful. X is the Greek letter Chi, which means Christ. Here's one source. Doing a google search for "the x in xmas" brings up more. Just thought I'd share.

• Former Cast Member

11-16 Attendance

I was at DLR this morning arriving about 10:30 am. They had just opened the 3rd floor of the parking garage which in my past experience was about the same. I figured the park wouldn't be too crowded.

Much to my dismay, it did seem more crowded than normal as I went through main street and fantasyland. There were a number of radio stations (it appeared to be mostly spanish language station) broadcasting from around the flag pole although there weren't any particular crowds there.

IASW had a normal sized line to get in. I was expecting a 20-60 minute wait, but was on in about 5.

I am going back tonight for the fireworks and hopefully get on a few of the big rides while the Christmas fantasy parade is going on.

I will report back (as I think other chatters will) on how crowded the whole place is.

• Lilo :D

OOoh yes my friends and I are going to Disneyland this Sunday! Yay!

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations up. I haven't been to Disneyland during Christmas time in years.

• Minion

Just a quick update regarding Miley Cyrus. There is nothing about filming this weekend, so, she may not be there, but that doesn't mean she isn't either since things are hush hush esp when it comes to her!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Re: 11-16 Attendance

Oh, no. I hope it won't be crazy tonight!

Thanks for the info!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's going to be crazy tonight and until the new year!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Crazy enough to reach maximum capacity?
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Just a quick update regarding Miley Cyrus. There is nothing about filming this weekend, so, she may not be there, but that doesn't mean she isn't either since things are hush hush esp when it comes to her!

They already did the filming last weekend. It's most likley that she will not be there.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Goofy

Re: Friday - Nov. 16 - Crowds for C-mas?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaustx View Post
    Disney has sold over 700,000 so cal a/p's since last year, many families include a trip to Disneyland for their Friday night entertainment. I think there should a cap on the number of So Cal A/P's sold, so this is why when that pass is allowed in and its a Friday or day without school, the park is nuts! I like to go to Disneyland on Sunday nights, because the So Cal A/P people tend to leave early to watch TV or get the kids ready for school the next day. I agree that Friday is now just as bad as Sat. night used to be.

you said it.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

And to think, I was gonna go this sunday with my father, hmmmmmm, now i'm just having second thoughts .
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    It's going to be crazy tonight and until the new year!
    No, not really.

Weekdays during the first two weeks in December will still be slow. I would take advantage of these days if you can. The fireworks, Christmas Parade, and castle lighting is going to be going on nightly, so you won't be penalized for going on a weekend.

Also, the 19th (Monday) and 20th (Tuesday) of next week are still technically school/work nights but the park is open until midnight. I predict the place will empty out considerably past 10PM. Again, enjoy it if you can.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Also, the 19th (Monday) and 20th (Tuesday) of next week are still technically school/work nights but the park is open until midnight. I predict the place will empty out considerably past 10PM. Again, enjoy it if you can.
    Yeah, that's what we thought 2 years ago when we went down for 3 days. This was the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

The park was packed all 3 days.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast