Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemo and Pan

Nemo and Pan

Hi,
    For Dec 3, Disneyland is open 9-6. Wondering whether to hit Nemo or Pan first thing -- or would the lines be about the same first thing in the am?
    TIA

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Nemo and Pan

I'd hit Pan first....mainly because waiting in a long line for Pan makes the ride seem shorter whereas Nemo has has some length to it.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I'd hit Pan first....mainly because waiting in a long line for Pan makes the ride seem shorter whereas Nemo has has some length to it.
    I like that thought pattern and it's so true. When the kids were younger we waited one time later in the day and when we got off Pan we were like "I didn't remember it being that short."

Plus, you go to Pan first it should pretty much be a walk on (if you are there at rope drop) and as soon as your off (which won't take long) you can go to Nemo and it shouldn't be too much worse.

Good advise sleepyjeff, good advice.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Hi,
    For Dec 3, Disneyland is open 9-6. Wondering whether to hit Nemo or Pan first thing -- or would the lines be about the same first thing in the am?
    TIA
    I would hit Nemo first, and if you are staying until closing get in line for Pan near closing time, the line at closing for Pan will be much shorter than the line for Nemo at closing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

My experience lately is that the line for Nemo is getting pretty short i.e. 30-45 minutes the closer you are to park closing. I think Nemo is still a ride people are waiting to rush to right at rope drop.

Especially when you factor in the long vacations that will be hitting from this weekend on... That means a lot of first timers who haven't yet experienced the wonder that is Nemo.

Free advice... You get what you pay for.

Good luck!
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• Rarely has a point

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jgooss View Post
    Especially when you factor in the long vacations that will be hitting from this weekend on... That means a lot of first timers who haven't yet experienced the wonder that is Nemo.
    That thing is crappier than the Willamette after a rain storm.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Nemo and Pan

FWIW, we got in the sub line at 11:38 PM Sunday 11-11-07 and were loading in 30 minutes. When we got off, the line was clear. For a 9AM opening, there will likely be a rope drop after opening Main St. at 8:30. Because of this, instead of a stream of people entering the gates at opening, a MOB of people will flood the park instantly, so lines will build up much, much, much faster; especially those 2.
    We only went for 1 day, and skipped PP to ride the subs at opening and close. If you must do both, I'd do 1 in the morning, and one in the evening. I also liked the subs better at night.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Simple.

Pan first thing, Nemo last thing.

• Drunk On Disney

I did Nemo several times during the last week in October. I found that the line was actually the worst in the early morning (everyone probably wanted to ride it first.)

The longest line I waited in for Nemo said it was 60 minutes... we were boarded in under 45 minutes.

Peter Pan on the other hand was booked all the time and the only time we rode it was very early in the morning when lines were light... so I would also say to do Pan first.

But don't miss Nemo, it's fun!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• I love loop jokes.

EVERYBODY will make a beeline straight towards Nemo. Go to Peter Pan first (don't even bother passing by Nemo) and the Peter Pan line will be about 20 minutes long. Any other time in the day it'll be about 45 minutes long.

I got to DL at rope drop about a month or so ago. Goofygoof and I went straight to Nemo and it was already over an hour long. We decided to skip it and power walked to Peter Pan. The wait was 20 min. (the shortest I've ever seen it).

• Boat shoes all day long

There was a time when I used to RUSH to Peter Pan in the morning. I did this for a long time until one visit when I realized, this ride is only so-so.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Since Monday is an early entry day you can play it either way if you have early entry, if not subs.
    Last edited by mousechild; 11-16-2007 at 11:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

If you're going to be there all day, I'd hit Pan first and hit Nemo around closing. It seems the line is pretty steady for Nemo even at opening, and you can hit Peter Pan, Dumbo and quite a few other Fantasyland rides in the same amount of time you're waiting and riding Nemo.

• Hiding in the shadows

I agree with everyone here, Pan first Nemo later in the day. I would expect that to be a light day in the park as well so you should be able to get a lot of rides done.

A little piece of heaven

• ROFLCOPTER!

I agree with all those who say to go to pan first. Peter Pan has a freak mutant line which is only short at opening. The only other time I've had any luck with is right after fireworks, when they're reopening Fantasyland, but most people use that time to head to Fantasmic.

And, as others said, subs appears worst in the morning, and at least gets a little better in the afternoon. And, I think, it's easier to wait for, probably because of the longer ride time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast