Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westcot

Westcot

In past there have been talks that a westcot or epcot might come to the DLR. so my question is what rides/attractions would you like to see in our epcot? what rides would you not want to see in our epcot? what new attractions would you like to see?

• Minion

Re: Westcot

Westcot has been dead for more than a decade...and highly unlikely to be revived.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

While it is very unlikely, I'd love a Disney's World Showcase park CA. Forget the Future World section (all of those rides could go to Disneyland or DCA). But imagine how wonderful a World Showcase park, with actual attractions in each country, would be.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

What I dislike about World Showcase in Orlando is the lack of quality attractions or shows. What few there are, are mostly unmemorable. The result is little more than a very beautifully themed shopping mall...kind of like Vegas. Except with, you pay admission just for the priviledge of paying more to shop and dine there...not something I care for (the only reason I don't mind too much, is that Epcot is so big..you do get your money's worth, even if World Showcase's beauty is only skin deep). I wish all that theming had gone into the Magic Kingdom instead; that's where it would have been best used IMO. Of course Disneyland doesn't have that problem.
    Last edited by tasman; 11-15-2007 at 10:41 PM.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    While it is very unlikely, I'd love a Disney's World Showcase park CA. Forget the Future World section (all of those rides could go to Disneyland or DCA). But imagine how wonderful a World Showcase park, with actual attractions in each country, would be.
    I've only managed to get over to Epcot the once, back in 1998. I wandered around the World showcase for ages, going into each 'country' and looking about.

Other than the indoor log flume ride in Norway(?) I couldn't find much more than façades, shops and restaurants.

Is there more to it, did I miss something? The rest of my party were bored with it.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I still want to see Cosmic Journeys.

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    I've only managed to get over to Epcot the once, back in 1998. I wandered around the World showcase for ages, going into each 'country' and looking about.

Other than the indoor log flume ride in Norway(?) I couldn't find much more than façades, shops and restaurants.

Is there more to it, did I miss something? The rest of my party were bored with it.
    I know it is off base, BUT I also only managed to go to WDW/Epcot one time, in April 1998, just struck me that we might have been wandering about at the same time.
    And no surprise, my take was the same as yours.

• Iron-Clad Allie

A World Showcase type park has been the subject of past rumors. There would certainly be the potential for more countries to be represented.

My favorite EPCOT Future World ride is Test Track - and the Test Trck-oriented Cars headliner planned for DCA is fast becoming a reality.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The one, the only...

I too would love to see a World Showcase kind of park. I think it would not need to be a knock-off of Epcot. Since Epcot's World showcase is all set in present day, I think it would be wonderful to do some world locations set in a specific time of the past. I would love to see a France set in the 19th century about the time of the Eiffel tower's construction. How about China a few hundred years ago. Also Russia in the time of the Czars or Thailand in the past. I think it would be a great attraction. The key would be to also incorporate rides that smaller children would like. That is one weakness of Epcot. Disney needs to remember to make parks that the whole family can enjoy and not just focus solely on children or adults.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

^^^ Architecturally at least World Showcase doesn't represent the present of any of the countries...all the buildings are inspired by historic ones.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I too would love to see a World Showcase kind of park. I think it would not need to be a knock-off of Epcot. Since Epcot's World showcase is all set in present day, I think it would be wonderful to do some world locations set in a specific time of the past. I would love to see a France set in the 19th century about the time of the Eiffel tower's construction. How about China a few hundred years ago. Also Russia in the time of the Czars or Thailand in the past. I think it would be a great attraction. The key would be to also incorporate rides that smaller children would like. That is one weakness of Epcot. Disney needs to remember to make parks that the whole family can enjoy and not just focus solely on children or adults.
    Good to see you Jiminy! Cultural sites, music and food definitely have a universal appeal to most everyone.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Dusty you dreamer. Freakin' awesome idea. Think of the Mice Chat meets we could have. Eh herm. But aren't we supposed to offer more a realistic vision to our fellow MiceChatters, mister?

Al would never wax poetic about the woulda shoulda couldas. You're usually in the know on the gonna-could-bes.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Beautiful blue sky proposal. I wanna go.

More realistically: Downtown Disney could have been an International Showcase that DIDN't charge admission or have ANY rides or attractions, but could have drawn visitors just to eat in the restaurants and shop. It could have been a big draw as a one of a kind shopping and dining experience instead of the CityWalk knockoff we've got now. I'm personally looking forward to Garden Walk to see if it's any more appealing than downtown Disney.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post

American Adventure - Large Film+AA show in theatre
    Gran Fiesta Tour - think mini-IASW
    Impressions de France - Circlevision 360
    Malestrom - indoor flume ride with sets like splashmountain but dark and about norway
    O canada - circlevision 360
    wonders of china - circlevision 360
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    American Adventure - Large Film+AA show in theatre
    Gran Fiesta Tour - think mini-IASW
    Impressions de France - Circlevision 360
    Malestrom - indoor flume ride with sets like splashmountain but dark and about norway
    O canada - circlevision 360
    wonders of china - circlevision 360
    A wonderful list (minor correction, the movie in France is not circlevision) but there is much more than that. The highlight for me in Epcot's World Showcase is the food and the live entertainment. Almost every single country has live bands or amazing acrobats.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast