• "I Break Things"

The Tomorrow of Tomorrowland

I had posted about this previously but the L.A. Auto Show reminded me of it. I realize that Tomorrowland is set as the world of the future, and everything is meant to be set decades, if not centuries ahead of the present. However those ideals would have a foundation in the technology of today. It is with that thought in mind that I wish Disney would negotiate with the Auto Makers and display a different concept car in Innoventions every month. This isn't an attempt at just being "green" this is total technology. Hands free phone over stereo system, voice command, auto tinting glass, light spectrum paint job, and I haven't even started on the engines. Most concept cars have a very short lifespan and are never actually produced... this would give the Auto makers a chance to really show off, and possibly inspire that future scientist who designs the first flying car.

If they are able to negotiate to have this at Innoventions I am willing to bet others would follow, making Innoventions the technological hub they had originally intended it to be. I am very fortunate, in my line of work I deal with touchpanel and automation technology... but those who currently see it and benefit from it are either large corporations or extremely wealthy. This would be a chance to make the Jetson's of today to inspire the creators of tomorrow.

Just a thought.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Re: The Tomorrow of Tomorrowland

I was thinking something similar to this a while ago... except that it would be really cool to have Autopia show off concept cars in some way. Great idea techskip!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Being a car guy, I am obviously for this idea. Actually, displaying a few concept cars from past decades might be interesting also.

This might even morph into a display of other "appliances". Show what previous decades envisioned each one to be, then show what the current decade envisions each to be.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• I'm not really here

OO, that's a cool idea. Show the past and where we are now and where we "could be" next to each other. Show the progression that has happened in all of our technologies and just what the future could hold. I love this! Armchair Imagineering is so much fun. Sadly it makes me want to get out and actually do it though.

(Side note, I love the quote in your sig Tom.)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter