• Gumball Rally Godfather

Local news (Fresno) shows inside of Walt's Apt., Club 33, and 1/2 court in Matterhorn

The local ABC affiliate in Fresno ran this story earlier in the week. I ignored it because they were hyping it for an 11pm broadcast, and I generally don't get sucked into news hype.

But tonight I was checking their website because Tigerlily and I were featured in a story about rising gas prices (The story wasn't there yet) and I stumbled across the Disneyland story that they ran.

I was surprised that they actually let a local news reporter from the Central Valley into Walt's Apartment, and then get a free lunch at Club 33.

Oh well, I gues if there gonna start selling this stuff via "Adventure by Disney" this is a great way to whet the appetite of some.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Re: Local news (Fresno) shows inside of Walt's Apt., Club 33, and 1/2 court in Matter

Wow, a surprisingly good report.

Too bad they didn't actually get to go into Matterhorn to see the court. They just showed that old Snopes photo. Thanks for posting!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Re: Local news (Fresno) shows inside of Walt's Apt., Club 33, and 1/2 court in Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    The local ABC affiliate in Fresno ran this story earlier in the week. I ignored it because they were hyping it for an 11pm broadcast, and I generally don't get sucked into news hype.

But tonight I was checking their website because Tigerlily and I were featured in a story about rising gas prices (The story wasn't there yet) and I stumbled across the Disneyland story that they ran.

I was surprised that they actually let a local news reporter from the Central Valley into Walt's Apartment, and then get a free lunch at Club 33.

Oh well, I gues if there gonna start selling this stuff via "Adventure by Disney" this is a great way to whet the appetite of some.
    I saw it.

I'm not sure if you know this but Dale Yurong has been hosting TV events at DCA for a while.

I saw the New Tomorrowland on the Morning program.

They really do love to tell you at ABC 30 is own by Disney.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup View Post

They really do love to tell you at ABC 30 is own by Disney.
    OFF TOPIC:

Technically I don't believe Disney owns ABC 30. The station in Fresno, like most of the stations carrying network programs, is an independently-owned affiliate that carries the netwok's programming.

The actual O&O (owned and operated) stations are usually in the larger markets like LA, New York and Chicago. When you hear a reporter for ABC-7 in Los Angeles doing such a story, they say that Disney is the station's parent company, I assume for reasons of full disclosure and credibility.

Back on topic...a nice oiece of reporting, and video...thanks for sharing it!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Cafeteria!under pirates! I wonder what it looks like.
    Har har har

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    OFF TOPIC:

Technically I don't believe Disney owns ABC 30. The station in Fresno, like most of the stations carrying network programs, is an independently-owned affiliate that carries the netwok's programming.

The actual O&O (owned and operated) stations are usually in the larger markets like LA, New York and Chicago. When you hear a reporter for ABC-7 in Los Angeles doing such a story, they say that Disney is the station's parent company, I assume for reasons of full disclosure and credibility.

Back on topic...a nice oiece of reporting, and video...thanks for sharing it!
    true, but they do love saying it every time.

But anyway yes, ABC 30 does a lot of Disneyland stuff.

They were there for the 50th and had a 50's camera that they filmed the reporter with so people can see what it looked like. It was the first time I saw the POD and Remember.

I found it a little interesting that the reporter was in jeans. While I don't mind that (although I never wore jeans when I went to Club 33), I've heard that Club 33 is trying to get away from that casual of dress for people eating there. I guess another perk for being media.

Seriously, I have mixed feelings on the whole Adventures by Disney tour thing they are getting ready to do.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

Jeans are allowed by the dress code for both lunch and dinner. If you wear jeans they just ask they are not ripped or extremely faded.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    I found it a little interesting that the reporter was in jeans. While I don't mind that (although I never wore jeans when I went to Club 33), I've heard that Club 33 is trying to get away from that casual of dress for people eating there. I guess another perk for being media.
    Also keep in mind that she was not allowed into Club 33 during regular operating hours when other patrons were dining. So dress code for her was rather a moot point.

It was fun to see Disneyland PR guru John McClintock giving the tour, and Robert at Club 33 as her waiter presenting her meal. Also fun to see Guest Relations hostess Nancy giving the tour of Walt's Town Square apartment. I've known her for decades...even before she started working for Disneyland...back when she worked for Pacific Telephone and was Assistant Manager of AT&T/Bell System/PacTel's "America The Beautiful" Circlevision 360 attraction in Tomorrowland. Great lady!

Circarama...thanks for the link to the video and story!

• Banned User

Great story and video. I really enjoyed it. Opus...I didn't know our waiter's name, when we went to Club 33 last year, but, it was the gentleman in the video...so...I guess it would be Robert. Sigh....oh to go back again!

• I may be nutz...but...

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Head View Post
    Jeans are allowed by the dress code for both lunch and dinner. If you wear jeans they just ask they are not ripped or extremely faded.
    They shouldn't be. I think Disney should go back to a strict dress code for Club33. JMHO.
    susabelle

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Great find Charlie! Thx for sharing!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Thank you for find it and post it here
    Great find!!!
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day 榣 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for that great link, Circarma! I wonder if there is a way to send it to youtube so we'd be able to save it for future viewing. Hmmm.....

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Susabelle View Post
    They shouldn't be. I think Disney should go back to a strict dress code for Club33. JMHO.
    susabelle
    My only trip to Club 33 was in 1991, which I know was a LONG time ago, but what really struck me, and is frozen in my mind's eye, is how elegant and sedate a place it was, but how casual everyone was dressed, ala how one would dress for a day at DL. In fact this is something I always include in my telling about my one and only time at Club 33.

I guess my point is, it has been casual in Club 33 for a very long time, and it is for the comfort of the members who pay dearly for the privlage, after all while it might look more appropriate in the Club, think how silly it would look standing in line for the Matterhorn all dressed up! Of course it is up to the patron to dress themselves up or not!