Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pictures from Disneyland's Future

I made these pictures of what I think needs to be done to improve Disneyland.

First of all, I think there should be more of a segue between Fantasyland / Matterhorn / Tomorrowland, achieved by adding two (shorter) mountain ranges on either sides of fantasyland. Although it would cover a bit of the lagoon, people in the subs wouldn't know the difference.

In Tomorrowland, they need some drastic new architecture, they also need to drop the retro theme. I added the citadel from HL2 and a high speed ride based on the maglev cars from Minority Report, the ones that go horizontal and vertical.

Here is a view of everything I changed, the citadel in Tomorrowland, mixed in with some bits of high tech architecture taken from concept art of "The new Washington DC 2056".

Ok, so hope you like my ideas and drawings, maybe boost my rep points?

-AO

• Banned User

hmmm... you know... instead of the cidel.. why not use the vehicles from (i know eheni say this people will start saying fantastland east but...) The Incredibles.. you know on the island.. the eggshaped cars are similar.... and more pople know what they are...

and i dont see any reason to add 2 Mt's to make a Mt range around the Materhorn..... but great photoshope job creating them....

Hey the egg shaped cars are a great idea, but do you remember the minority report cars that tom cruise jumped on, while they were traveling on the side of a building?

Here is a video:

http://theonenetwork.com/movies/Mino..._Clip_300.html

It looks like a pretty cool ride.

• Banned User

but does disney own the movie... they would Tie in a movie thats more popular... image doesn't have to do with most rides anymore... sadely the movie tie in does....(which would garentee ridership..)

and yess.... i have seen minority report many times....

• My Children's Father

What's with the new mountains in Fantasyland? It looks like you took out part of the castle, Alice, Teacups, and Storybook! No need to seperate Matterhorn from Fantasyland, it is in Fantasyland.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

I don't think tomorrowland needs to drop the retro theme. The theme at WDW's works very well because it got the proper budget that DL didn't get a proper budget. WDW has more buck rogers themeing to it, and I think TL needs more of that. Just no more gold!
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• Former Epcot CM

WDW's Tomorrowland isn't retro-themed.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    I don't think tomorrowland needs to drop the retro theme. The theme at WDW's works very well because it got the proper budget that DL didn't get a proper budget. WDW has more buck rogers themeing to it, and I think TL needs more of that. Just no more gold!
    WDW isn't retro it's Sci-Fi

and it's not really just the proper budget, WDW kept alot of it's origional color scheme but they added new details to the entryway (like we had our facades redone) WDW's method enhanced the actutecure already in place so even areas that didn't get much done match the areas that got a ton of work. DL they tried to change things so m uch that areas they redid stick out like a soar thumb

also WDW didn't try to put a thrill ride on their peoplemover and they just rethemed their Rocket Jets into an orbiter rather then trying to drop a direct paris clone into the park

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    but does disney own the movie... they would Tie in a movie thats more popular... image doesn't have to do with most rides anymore... sadely the movie tie in does....(which would garentee ridership..)

and yess.... i have seen minority report many times....
    Star Wars 20th century wasn't Disney, but they somehow worked it in, the same for Indiana Jones(Paramount). So somehow if they get rid if the Eisner mafia this can be done.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Star Wars 20th century wasn't Disney, but they somehow worked it in, the same for Indiana Jones(Paramount). So somehow if they get rid if the Eisner mafia this can be done.

That's because Lucas owns the rights of those two film franchises and allowed Disney to use them. I think his kids had something to do with letting Disney use their likeness on rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    What's with the new mountains in Fantasyland? It looks like you took out part of the castle, Alice, Teacups, and Storybook! No need to seperate Matterhorn from Fantasyland, it is in Fantasyland.
    yeah I don't get it either :confused: I also don't get what land it's standing on and how it wouldn't cause traffic issues or something

I'm not sure how that whole new peoplemover track thing would work at all and I don't think a large facade from HL2 would work well either for the general look of Tomorrowland (what's it built onto Rocket Reds?)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    That's because Lucas owns the rights of those two film franchises and allowed Disney to use them. I think his kids had something to do with letting Disney use their likeness on rides.
    Eisner worked for Paramount before he signed on with Disney.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Differently clued

If nothing else, it's cool that you put your ideas out there where we could all see them. Thanks.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Santa Barbara, CA

Great job Agent!!! I'm gonna call you Agent of Change! If you put that ride in I'd show up. Do you do 3d for a living?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Great job Agent!!! I'm gonna call you Agent of Change! If you put that ride in I'd show up. Do you do 3d for a living?
    looks like photoshop to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast