Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,206

    Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Since we knew a whole bunch of people were going to be at the parks today we decided to head up. We made our usual stop at Panera for bagels and we were off. We amde good time and got into DL around 9.

    A call from Spidergrrrl let us know about the Miley Cyrus circus that we should avoid at all costs. So we went around the castle to the Matterhorn, where we met Spidergrrrl, Superstacie, and Disney1978. On the way past the stage I saw that the teleprompter was already set up and turned on.



    We went on the Matterhorn:


    (Sorry the girls are almost out of frame. The last time I turned around to take a picture on the Matterhorn I messed up my back for a week.)

    Then we went on the recently Holidayed IASW.


    I never noticed this Chinese New Year ice sculpture before.

    Adam had a good time.



    From IASW we went into ToonTown and rode the GO-Coaster. Then onto the train to head around the park, away from the Hannah Montana appearance.


    I took this just inside the Grand Canyon tunnel. No flash pictures, do'h.

    We went on Pirates and Mansion. I was fooling around with the camera in the rides. Sometimes the auto mode did good:






    Sometimes not as good:



    The girls and Adam went on WTP while I fetched the stroller. I saw this bird while I was waiting at the end of the ride for them.



    There they are.



    There were a ton of people in the park today from the cross town rival school of our high school.



    I only saw one person from our school.



    Mount Carmel represent, yo.

    Then on to the Jungle Cruise:



    Our skipper was pretty funny. She was working a Violet from The Incredibles vibe.



    By then it was time for the Meet.








    And lunch.






    After lunch we went over to Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer's Island of Anaheim or whatever its called these days. Guess what? Adam can run through the caves faster than I can and without hitting his head on rocks.

    After the Island we went over to DCA to see . . . I'm not sure exactly. But the fiorst thing we saw was the HSM Pep Rally. Most of us would have been happy to move along, but SuperStacie was drawn to it like Ulysses crew to the sirens. I may have some video later of the dorky endearing dance that she did.

    We walked over to Grizzly, where Hollywood1939 showed us his favorite viewing spot. Skywaygrrl convinced me and . . . some other guy whose name I never got to go on the Grizzly with her. We didn't get that wet until the end when Sywaygrrl to a hit through the door of the boat. We were lucky to be on the other side of the raft from the geyser when it went off beneath us.

    That was the end for us and we headed out and home.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana, United States
    Posts
    8,666
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Nice pictures Matt! Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you and the family had a wonderful time.

  3. #3

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Awesome pictures Matt. It was nice seeing you today.


  4. #4

    • Mickey is not my Brother
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Great Pictures, the meet looked so fun, oh come on, Hannah Montana is not that bad

  5. #5

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Debate Lounge Dummy : )
    Posts
    11,113

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Guess what? Adam can run through the caves faster than I can and without hitting his head on rocks.
    LOL Funny images going through my mind right now.


    Nice trip report. I can't believe it was cold there today!

    Adam reminds me a lot of your sister in all of those pictures...very cute!

  6. #6

    • KC to DL= 1,640 miles
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come
    Posts
    4,188

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Awesome pics. Hope you all had fun!!!

  7. #7

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Great pictures, glad you had a good time



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  8. #8

    • no one to be trifled with
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    on the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Looks like a good time. I'm missing you all after seeing this trip report.



  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    exit 474B on I-5
    Posts
    3,209

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    Looks like a good time. I'm missing you all after seeing this trip report.
    Ditto. And it was only a month ago that we were there. Seems like an eternity.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.


  10. #10

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    thanks for the TR Matt!!!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  11. #11

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Thanks for the great TR and those awesome shots Matt.




    This has to be one of the best shots of this skeleton that I've ever seen. It's really tough to get because of the strobe/lightening. Nice work!

  12. #12

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,649

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Since we knew a whole bunch of people were going to be at the parks today we decided to head up. We made our usual stop at Panera for bagels and we were off. We amde good time and got into DL around 9.

    A call from Spidergrrrl let us know about the Miley Cyrus circus that we should avoid at all costs. So we went around the castle to the Matterhorn, where we met Spidergrrrl, Superstacie, and Disney1978. On the way past the stage I saw that the teleprompter was already set up and turned on.



    We went on the Matterhorn:


    (Sorry the girls are almost out of frame. The last time I turned around to take a picture on the Matterhorn I messed up my back for a week.)

    Then we went on the recently Holidayed IASW.


    I never noticed this Chinese New Year ice sculpture before.

    Adam had a good time.



    From IASW we went into ToonTown and rode the GO-Coaster. Then onto the train to head around the park, away from the Hannah Montana appearance.


    I took this just inside the Grand Canyon tunnel. No flash pictures, do'h.

    We went on Pirates and Mansion. I was fooling around with the camera in the rides. Sometimes the auto mode did good:






    Sometimes not as good:



    The girls and Adam went on WTP while I fetched the stroller. I saw this bird while I was waiting at the end of the ride for them.



    There they are.



    There were a ton of people in the park today from the cross town rival school of our high school.



    I only saw one person from our school.



    Mount Carmel represent, yo.

    Then on to the Jungle Cruise:



    Our skipper was pretty funny. She was working a Violet from The Incredibles vibe.



    By then it was time for the Meet.








    And lunch.






    After lunch we went over to Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer's Island of Anaheim or whatever its called these days. Guess what? Adam can run through the caves faster than I can and without hitting his head on rocks.

    After the Island we went over to DCA to see . . . I'm not sure exactly. But the fiorst thing we saw was the HSM Pep Rally. Most of us would have been happy to move along, but SuperStacie was drawn to it like Ulysses crew to the sirens. I may have some video later of the dorky endearing dance that she did.

    We walked over to Grizzly, where Hollywood1939 showed us his favorite viewing spot. Skywaygrrl convinced me and . . . some other guy whose name I never got to go on the Grizzly with her. We didn't get that wet until the end when Sywaygrrl to a hit through the door of the boat. We were lucky to be on the other side of the raft from the geyser when it went off beneath us.

    That was the end for us and we headed out and home.


    Lol I actually was the one that we ride the grizzly and we did fairly got wet lol. Thanks for the pictures.

  13. #13

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Looks more like to me that your captain was busy doing a little nose mining. Wonder if she hit a vein?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  14. #14

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,417

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    Terrific report! Very nice pictures, and it looked like your entourage experienced and enjoyed pert near every attraction at the parks.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oh God, Not Hannah Montana - Trip Report 2007-11-18

    An excellent report, Mr. Matt!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 4 for 'Hannah Montana & 'HSM 4' dances on
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 03:11 PM
  2. Hannah Montana 3D Movie
    By clairebear in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
  3. Con saw Hannah Montana!
    By WDWGirl in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 04:47 PM
  4. Hannah Montana - I won tickets!
    By SummerInFL in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 06:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •