View Poll Results: New Dining options needed in DL?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if not an Adventurer's Club, than another new 'upscale' public restaurant

53 96.36%
  • No, the options already offered at DL are sufficient, and satisfying.

2 3.64%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: The Adventurer's Club

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Too bad theres not a spot on the jungle cruse to perhaps build a balcony thats part of the larger club itself where people could sit and eat ala blue bayou, also it would provide more corny commentary along the lines of "most dangerous creatures in the jungle". Try to theme it though maybe with some animatronic animals infront of the patio deck to give the illusion of passing an exclusive club in the jungle for the adventurers.
    Most available land is Frontierland so perhaps a slight tweaking of the theme suit what is available would work. IMO if an escape from the park is what is desired it would be better if the 'club' stayed away from AA and such. I have no problem with a full bar since it would probably be closely monitored to cut down on potential problems. The reservation only system helps in that it allows the kitchen to better plan staffing and inventory helping control costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

You guys enjoy your Adventurer's Club; I'm holding out for the Ink & Paint Club.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    You guys enjoy your Adventurer's Club; I'm holding out for the Ink & Paint Club.
    My 'Adventurer's Club' idea was really just a vehicle to stimulate discussion about the options for dining within the berm. What would your vision of the "Ink & Paint Club" be? Where would it be located? ToonTown?

It would be in Toontown, and there would be a show of some sort (nothing too intrusive...more along the lines of Jessica's performance than the Donald/Daffy piano battle). And alcohol. And god help me, I want free-roaming animatronic penguins.

Oh, and a menu with some variety, because variety is sorely lacking at DL. Sadly, I think the penguins are more likely.

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

•   

It would be in Toontown, and there would be a show of some sort (nothing too intrusive...more along the lines of Jessica's performance than the Donald/Daffy piano battle). And alcohol. And god help me, I want free-roaming animatronic penguins.

Oh, and a menu with some variety, because variety is sorely lacking at DL. Sadly, I think the penguins are more likely.
    I would concur that ToonTown would almost be pleasant if there were enough bars. Would this be a 'dinner theatre' type venue, or do you envision something different? A 'ToonTown-style' Golden Horseshoe kind of performance?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    This brings up an intersting point. A small 'reservation only' club would limit the amount of potential 'drinkers' per day, just as Club 33 does. Easy solution if one were worried: eliminate the bar. Only table service available for cocktails, wine, and beer. I don't seee any reason why the Club shouldn't have a 'full bar'. How's that sound, ewok? first drink's on me.

Hehe, I think it should be out of the park. Something one can do for a big party, birthday, what have you and not require everyone to go into the park.

This isn't just one small club. This should be huge. Larger than even the one in Florida. Make it an entire experience... similar to the Magic Castle in Hollywood.

In Magic Castle, you dine, and then you're free to roam the club, drink at the several bars, and see all the various shows and acts all night long. It's great!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I envision more of a dinner theater experience.

Duckland

• Just this guy......

How would people feel about putting an adventurer's club restaurant into the Aladdin's area?

•   

I envision more of a dinner theater experience.
    I like it (even though ToonTown gives me a headache). Something 30's style with a torch singer in the form of Jessica R., huh?

Something high capacity...

or smaller? Fine dining or nominal DL sit-down fare?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    How would people feel about putting an adventurer's club restaurant into the Aladdin's area?

The first 2 pages have posters expressing that very thing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I like it (even though ToonTown gives me a headache). Something 30's style with a torch singer in the form of Jessica R., huh?
    That's what I'd like to see, yes. And something a bit smaller, not more of what DL already has; I like Toontown, and it'd be nice to have a refuge from the army of children while I indulge.

Duckland

•   

I think a small 'reservations only' club could survive as a second story venue above Adventureland's Bazaar area. Even though I am not a big fan of the Aladdin show, I would feel reluctant to remove its only representation in the Park (unless you wish to count the miniature 'Agrabah' and the 'cave' in Storybookland). While it would be a great spot, I don't think it necessary to do away with Aladdin, unless the restaurant is to be tied physically to the Jungle Cruise attraction; in which case, Aladdin's removal would seem the only reasonable solution.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I think a small 'reservations only' club could survive as a second story venue above Adventureland's Bazaar area. Even though I am not a big fan of the Aladdin show, I would feel reluctant to remove its only representation in the Park (unless you wish to count the miniature 'Agrabah' and the 'cave' in Storybookland). While it would be a great spot, I don't think it necessary to do away with Aladdin, unless the restaurant is to be tied physically to the Jungle Cruise attraction; in which case, Aladdin's removal would seem the only reasonable solution.
    Well they do have the Aladdin production at DCA

• A Honorary Autobot

This was exactly what I was thinking. Perfect for a balcony to look out on the oncoming boats and an upper room for Swabbie's trophy room. But beware! Don't wander too close into "Rainforest Cafe" territory with notions of animatronic animals.

As for people calling out for the "Ink and Paint Club" in Toon Town, the notion is fine and all, but I would be cognizant that this idea already exists aboard the Disney Cruise Liners, named the "Animator's Palate."

Here, the restaurant is a blank easel with pencil sketches of the most famous Disney characters. As each of the various courses are served, LED lighting suddenly changes, casting the room in a different hue.

As the meal continues on, the lighting becomes more and more "animated" as well as the walls. Sketches begin to fill in with color and screens suddenly jump to life, replaying various scenes from a variety of films. By dessert, the dining room is alive and vibrant, making for a visually stunning room chock full of details for little kids to enjoy (and make parents nearly nauseous).

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Well they do have the Aladdin production at DCA
    True. I forgot about that. Rip it out, then.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast