View Poll Results: New Dining options needed in DL?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if not an Adventurer's Club, than another new 'upscale' public restaurant

53 96.36%
  • No, the options already offered at DL are sufficient, and satisfying.

2 3.64%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Re: The Adventurer's Club

That's not at all the sort of thing I'd want for the Ink & Paint Club. I'd much rather go the "toons are real" (via animatronics) route similar to Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'sworld.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    True. I forgot about that. Rip it out, then.
    Its a prime location for the Adventurer's Club, right on the river after Trader Sam. Think about it a lodge next to the jungle tour dock. It makes sense theme wise. And i know you're a stickler for that haha

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Why do many of you want it in the park? I want to drink!
    Just because a restaurant is inside Disneyland does NOT mean they have to be "dry". Try to find a dining choice at DLP that doesn't serve wine - the French would start another revolution...

I hesitate to "speak for Walt", but the main concern that kept alcohol out of Disneyland (except for Club 33 and after-hours events) was the problem of free and unfettered access to mass quantities of booze, leading to parents who get rude and abusive when they are loaded - and worse, verbally or physically abusive with their own or someone else's kids.

If the servers keep it under very tight control, it wouldn't be an issue. They would be told to be even more stringent than usual in deciding when to cut someone off.

And at the retail prices Disney charges for booze, you'd have to be either rich or stupid (or both...) to get blitzed.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• A Honorary Autobot

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Just because a restaurant is inside Disneyland does NOT mean they have to be "dry". Try to find a dining choice at DLP that doesn't serve wine - the French would start another revolution...

I hesitate to "speak for Walt", but the main concern that kept alcohol out of Disneyland (except for Club 33 and after-hours events) was the problem of free and unfettered access to mass quantities of booze, leading to parents who get rude and abusive when they are loaded - and worse, verbally or physically abusive with their own or someone else's kids.

If the servers keep it under very tight control, it wouldn't be an issue. They would be told to be even more stringent than usual in deciding when to cut someone off.

And at the retail prices Disney charges for booze, you'd have to be either rich or stupid (or both...) to get blitzed.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Agreed. Thinking back to the 1950's, alcohol was a standard prescription for one's daily stresses. I dare you to look back to TV or films from that era. In almost every imaginable scene somebody is either drinking from a tumbler or smoking a cigarette.

Smoking was allowed in DL until recent changes alloted for designated smoking areas. Drinking, on the other hand, was restricted and for good reason (see Bruce's points above). And frankly, for good cause. The last thing you need is a park full of partially buzzed parents dragging their insolent children around by their collars.

And suggesting a serious (and even alcohol-serving) restaurant in Toon Town in more or less like trying to bail water out of a lake, a waste of time. It will never happen as Toon Town was designed to be a overblown, immersing playground for younger children. The fact that some adults enjoy it is besides the point.

Toon Town eateries are designed to be simple with small menus and ought to feature healthier selections. Just because the parents are fat arses doesn't mean your kids need to be. Instilling your children with lousy eating habits and feeding them garbage is child abuse.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If they ever allows booze at Disneyland outside of Club33, you can bet it won't be in ToonTown. I know it might make that sorry town more appealing, but an area they make with kids in mind isn't the ideal place to open a keg. Plus it closes early. You can't sell magaritas if the gate is closed.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If they ever allows booze at Disneyland outside of Club33, you can bet it won't be in ToonTown. I know it might make that sorry town more appealing, but an area they make with kids in mind isn't the ideal place to open a keg. Plus it closes early. You can't sell magaritas if the gate is closed.
    They should have hard liquor flowing through the drinking fountains in that pit . It's like being trapped in a Teletubbies' episode--garish and bloated. RR Car-toon Spin is the only bright spot in a thematically and creatively bereft 'Town', IMO.

• A Honorary Autobot

Swabbie, I can't imagine anybody but rowdy college pledges getting loaded on gaudy fruit drinks howling Jimmy Buffett tunes spinning their respective Benny the Cabs and near vomittron speeds...

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Swabbie, I can't imagine anybody but rowdy college pledges getting loaded on gaudy fruit drinks howling Jimmy Buffett tunes spinning their respective Benny the Cabs and near vomittron speeds...
    True...but it might be an improvement.

It would certainly seem that the bid for alcohol in TT would fall on deaf ears, in any case, as the Land primarily targets young children. But what about Tomorrowland? God knows it needs a decent restaurant--does it have the right 'atmosphere' to pull off a high-end eatery?

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

My grandmother and crew used to bring a flask with them. Of course they all chained smoked all over the park, I guess after living through the depression and WWII cancer or liver problems were not going to scare them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

--<< Bruce >>--

It's easier to say that it could be controlled, but you can bet your disney dollars that they wouldn't allow it in the park. But yah, I'm down with a more Adventurer's Club type restaurant to replace Aladdin's Oasis. It would make for a great sit down themed restaurant but I still want a real Adventurer's Club outside of the berm to get my drink on and listen to some PG-13 jokes.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Boat shoes all day long

I am assuming you have all seen the South Park episode regarding this assembly of well-to-do lasses and lassies?
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• A Honorary Autobot

Swabbie,

Back to your original idea, what if this Adventurer's Club be affixed above the Indiana Jones shop at the head of Adventureland. This way guests will be able to look down on the scenic Tiki Room, across to the Jungle Cruise, and be up and away from the crowds and traffic?

Is there room for expansion up there? And a restaurant no less?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    I am assuming you have all seen the South Park episode regarding this assembly of well-to-do lasses and lassies?
    To avoid LitterBoxing, I was staying away from it, but I for one, acknowledge the reference .

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Swabbie,

Back to your original idea, what if this Adventurer's Club be affixed above the Indiana Jones shop at the head of Adventureland. This way guests will be able to look down on the scenic Tiki Room, across to the Jungle Cruise, and be up and away from the crowds and traffic?

Is there room for expansion up there? And a restaurant no less?
    Have no idea. CMs might be able to help us out there. With the upward expansion of the River Belle, though, it could be a possibility (this is of course, just speculation). The logical place (logical in amount of accomodating space, that is) would be the Oasis. This would also mean closer proximity to crowds unless a two story structure is built with seating upstairs, away from the stroller-bowling.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Above the starcade would be an area as well for an upscale restaurant. I hope Booze isn't the sticking point. Although I must admit, Disneyland does have a good mix of sit down and fast eateries.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast