Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Miss Marvel

Apparently, even ABC thinks it's Cinderella's Castle

So, apparently, Jennie Garth did a special dance performance in front of Disneyland's castle for promoting Dancing with the Stars this last week. And guess what.

She called it Cinderella's Castle.

I know they edit the living daylights out of those segments. Why the heck did they leave that in? Or better, why not ask her to do a retake? That happens all the time in reality shows.

Cinderella's Castle. pffft.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• =)

Re: Apparently, even ABC thinks it's Cinderella's Castle

Sigh...

Confusion between the US's two Magic-Kingdom-style parks runs rampant throughout the nation. Even when I tell peers in So Cal that I'm working on a model of Disneyland, they have to stop a moment, think, and then ask, "Wait, Disneyland or Disney World?" It gets old. Unlike the rest of the world (minus you folks here), when I say Disneyland, I actually mean Disneyland. The two park names are not interchangeable, just like "Cinderella Castle" and "Sleeping Beauty Castle" are not.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I heard that one last night. Wanted to punch a hole through my parent's brand new Sony Bravia. I figured I wouldn't though...

• A Weather Eye Open

arg that is so aggravating, especially since it's such an easy mistake to FIX! that makes me think that no one CAUGHT it, which means more than one person at this little special SHOULD know this and doesn't.
    i mean, when you're doing stuff like this on tv, don't you have a responsibility to a little research or fact checking?

• Banned User

Sence when has it been sleeping beauty castle? A castle, The castle.... it's a castle. Why can't we call it "disneyland castle" to make everything simple. I'm sure people would not get confused over that. If they did, then they're born retards.

LA Times had a story that had Cinderella's Castle in it.
    After a few hours online, though, it had been changed to Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
    Then a few hours later it changed to Sleeping Beauty Castle, which is what appeared in the print edition. I find the fact that online posting has become sort of ad-hoc editing quite fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by startours1 View Post
    Sence when has it been sleeping beauty castle? A castle, The castle.... it's a castle. Why can't we call it "disneyland castle" to make everything simple. I'm sure people would not get confused over that. If they did, then they're born retards.
    Whoa.

It's been called Sleeping Beauty Castle since soon after the park's inception.

• Beach Expert

Sence when has it been sleeping beauty castle?
    Since July 17, 1955...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's only been Sleeping Beauty Castle since it opened. Why not call it pretty house if we're worried about people becoming confused?

• Miss Marvel

Well, it has murals on the inside of the castle reflecting scenes from Sleeping Beauty. And, there use to be a walkthrough in the castle presenting diorama scenes from Sleeping Beauty. This isn't Disney fan lore.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

it looked awsome on film though...i cant wait to go see if for myself with the new effects

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's only been Sleeping Beauty Castle since it opened. Why not call it pretty house if we're worried about people becoming confused?
    Ah, like Spooky House, THe Log Ride, and The Piraty Boat Ride?

• Minion

It's been Sleeping Beauty's castle since 1955. Once upon a time it was an attraction you could walk through.

• Mickey's REAL Girlfriend!

WDW is not DL... it drives me batty! It is it's own, with it's own castle, with its own originality... Sheesh people, dont they realize that? lol
    What better way to turn 10 years old! A birthday bash with all of his friends!

• Beach Expert

Poor Jenny Garth...

She gets on Dancing With The Stars and hopes for a huge comeback and then ruins it all by calling it Cinderella's Castle.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast