• Banned User

Disneyland Resort Promotes Claire Bilby to Senior Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneyland Report
    The Disneyland Resort announced today that Claire Bilby has been promoted to senior vice president, Sales and Distribution Marketing.

In her new role, Bilby will continue leading all sales efforts and work closely with a variety of travel industry partners to maximize Resort sales opportunities.

"Claire is a very talented executive," said Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort. "She brings innovative thinking to all that she does and is an inspirational leader to all the Cast Members in our sales organization."

"From the moment she begins a relationship with a Disney client to when she helps deliver the final product, Claire exemplifies the high standards of professionalism and commitment to Guest service that our sales partners expect and deserve," said Randy A. Garfield, CTC, executive vice president, Sales and Travel Operations for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, and president of the Walt Disney Travel Company.
    http://www.disneylandreport.com/disn...airebilby.html
    Interesting turn of events...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Am I in the dark for not knowing who she is or am I not alone here? :confused: Name doesn't ring any bells.

• Banned User

ummmm... actually i just wanted to be included in the Weekly MiceChat Roundup and I figured the only way was to be the first to post something from the news about Disneyland. I have no idea who she is either. Does this admission disqualify me from the Roundup?

• Waiting for the monorail

In addition to her Disney duties, Bilby currently serves as Vice Chair of the California Tourism Commission and Co-Chair of the Orange County Tourism Council. In 2002, Travel Agent magazine named her as one of the "Most Powerful Women" in the travel industry, an honor she garnered twice before.

In 1998, Bilby came to the Disneyland Resort from The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., where she served as director, International Marketing. Prior to her Disney career, Bilby held other positions within the travel industry that provided her with a broad background of tourism and sales experience.
    http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...e+bilby+disney

I hope this helps.

• My Children's Father

I hope the day job works out. The Governator is probably looking to dissolve that commission .......

Not to derail the thread, but I wonder how Ms. Bilby feels about Annual Passes ........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

I don't think it's possible to derail this thread since I only started it to get into the Weekly Roundup.