• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Micoofy Duck Wonders... Visit Disneyland In November or December of 2008?

You see I'm trying to plan out 2 trips in Nov, December. One month will be WDW while the other month will be Disneyland. I'm not sure whether there are in fact differences, if any, to visiting Disneyland during the November month versus visiting Disneyland during the December month. I'm sure to some both months are just about the same but I wonder if some of you MCers can pin point any differences between November days over December days.

Plus I would stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Anyone have Candy Cane Inn stories to share?

Anyone else visit Disneyland during these months, what was your trip like?

Which month would you choose to visit Disneyland had you had the choice?

Would you rather visit Disneyland during November or December days...
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: Micoofy Duck Wonders... Visit Disneyland In November or December of 2008?

Hmm... It might depend on what weeks in both Nov and Dec you are planning your trip....

I would definitely plan your flights around the holiday rushes like Thanksgiving day weekend....

My personal preference would be WDW in Nov and DL in Dec, just because I'd want to be at DL during the Christmas holiday....

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've never been to WDW in any month so I can't really speak to that issue but... I have been to Disneyland during those times.

November is nice because the weather is usually pretty mild. Crowds are still heavy on Fri and Sat, but Sunday slows down in the evening and mid week isen't bad. Just avoid Veterans Day weekend. (I was there then in 05...horrible crowds!!!) Its usually crazy insane. Also Thanksgiving weekend is busy. From what I understand the week after Thanksgiving until about the 3rd or so week in December the crowds are usually not so bad. But then, there is really no off season anymore.

Christmas decorations will start to go up almost as soon as they take down the Halloween ones. But its not until around Thanksgiving that Small World will be open with the holiday overlay, and pretty much all of the other decorations will be done, if you want to come to see those.

December weather can be unpredictable. I was there December of 06 and we did get some rain, but otherwise the temps during the day were moderate, and chilly at night but not bad. This year we are suspose to have a La Nina year (very dry). By next winter.... who knows.

I've never stayed at the Candy Cane, but I've always heard great reviews from people who have. Barbaraann and I might stay there in December of 08 too maybe. (Barbara plans sooo far ahead too! )

My personal preference? I would pick Disneyland anytime after Thanksgiving until mid December, but like I said having never been to WDW I can't make a comparison.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I would say November. Crowds are not as heavy and the chance of rain is less in November than December.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am still hoping for that first week in December next year. Shortly after the New Year, I will probably call up the Candy Cane Inn and see how far in advance I can book a room. I really like their reservation policy. I was able to get a AAA discount, and didn't have to pay the bill until I got there. How good is that?

The only thing that saddens me is that I will have to travel there alone. I can't take my grandson out of school, so that's why I thought of asking a MiceChatter to share a room with me. I won't be lonely when I get there.

• :)

Late November...Less crowded, all the decorations are up also

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Mid November is my vote.