• MiceChat Partner Site

What makes Disney so Special to you?

I posed this question on the WDW boards, but thought I would get input from the DL boards as well. As a WDW veteran I can speak to that, but I was curious as to the answer for DL fans. We are planning on making our first trek to DL next summer, so I am curious as to your responses. Thanks

• Pirate for life

Re: What makes Disney so Special to you?

For me, Disney has always represented the idea that is you truly believe in your heart, and make that special wish, it will come true. I have always believed in that. Disneyland for me is the physical manifestation of that. When I am there, my dreams can come true. You can put aside your "adult" beliefs and just dream. The magic is always going to be there if you need it to be.

• Mischievous Mouse

The easiest way to explain why DL is so special to me...is to quote Walt himself...
    "Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either."
    It's an escape from real life, a place where you have no connection to the outside world, a place where everything revolves around playing like a child, and laughing and sharing the experience with loved ones.
    It's a priceless experience, creating memories of a lifetime!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Seasick

A big part of it is the incredible attention to detail. The best Disney rides suck you in right from the the queue (see Star Tours & Indy as prime examples). The attractions are often a "complete package". How many theme parks have queues that are nothing more than ropes, and non-descript ride buildings? The exterior features of The Haunted Mansion could be downgraded and still contain a good ride, but it just wouldn't have that Disney touch.

The fully immersive environments in general just really work well. The way the "outside world" is hidden from view is a big factor (they need to rid the park of McDonalds, but I digress).

It's hard to explain why Mickey Mouse really is Mickey Mouse, while Woody Woodpecker at Universal is just a guy in a bird costume. Is it character design? The attention to character performance?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I assume you are referring to the Walt Disney Company? It is Disneyland, not Disney.

OK, enough of the mini lecture. It is the magic of entering a different world and leaving the stress of normal life behind. I don't care what kind of a day I am having -- once I enter the gate I leave all my worries behind. Sometimes I go in thinking it's not going to work but it has never failed in my 39 lifetime years of going.

• *~*Under the Sea*~*

I was raised on disney, my whole family loves it. My parents divorced when I was 15 and we used to go to Disneyland all the time. My dad lives in Texas now with his new wife and I see him maybe 3 times a year if I'm lucky. Whenever I watch a disney movie or go back into disneyland, I get flooded with happy memories and I can go back to that time in my life, even for just a second. I've also moved a lot of times in my life (I've had about 8 different "Homes") and I Disneyland has always been there. I always feel at home there. <33333

• Knows Where His Towel Is

The level of detail that goes into every area. You just don't see that type of attention at Knott's or SFMM.

And also the experiences itself

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• MiceChat Partner Site

These are great keep them coming!!!