Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Pre-Turkey Day Extravaganza: Bands, Parades, Castles and Reindeer, +MORE

Pardon my lateness, everyone, but you know how it is on Thanksgiving weekend. The time goes so quickly, and you just want to enjoy being home with family for as long as possible. I even sacrificed by not going to DL again on Saturday so I could catch up on some things, if you can imagine that. And for me, I travel back to Provo this morning. Sad day.

Anyway, I hope to make up the wait to you by providing two videos that were taken by my camera within 30 minutes of each other. The first is the "small" lighting ceremony for it's a small world holiday at 5 pm sharp. I freehanded this one, so don't mind the shaking and pointless zoom-ins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=t11MkEmNSro

The second, as you may have guessed, is the first (5:30) snow show on Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle. I crouched down to the level of the railing around the moat to hold the camera steady. Notice how the wreath and the icicles to the center right are not lit. If you listen carefully, you can hear Snow White singing in the wishing well too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=yGyiH-mRA5Y
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Is it just me, but once the lights to Small World turned on, the sky became darker?? :confused:

• Lowering Expectations

Ahaha, that's just because my camera had to adjust to 80,000 lights that all turned on at once.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    HA! Screw finals, I'm heading to the park and I have no idea when I'll be back. XD

HERE HERE!!!
    Screw finals!!!!!

• Artsy Fartsy

I love the filtered pics. You have tell me what camera you have. Those are awesome.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I love the filtered pics. You have tell me what camera you have. Those are awesome.

It's nothing special really. I'm confident I got it for less than $100. But it fits my needs and I'm quite happy with it, and that's what matters most.

Anyhoo, after traveling all day I'm back in Provo now. The amount of make up work I have to do is scaring me, but I hope to complete this trip report by tonight or tomorrow.

• Lowering Expectations

Part V

The wait is finally over!
    (Now that I lost my target audience, no doubt...)

The girls and I left for lunch and quickly reunited with our group. The poppy fountain was trickled to see us return!

Something funny and yellow is hiding behind the decorative border of the entrance gates.

We're not lost, we have cellphones!

As we entered Main Street, the afternoon Christmas Fantasy parade was out in full force!

By the way, tonight here in Provo we are forecasted for low 20's and chance of snow.

Can you hear Frosty cheering?

Hi Mickey! What's chillin'?

Well, every eligible maiden was allowed to attend, after all.

You know what she's thinking: Are they making a Cinderella 4?

Remember holiday shoppers - always let your conscience be your guide!

Tree and toy wheel. Only at Disneyland.

The reindeer are my very favorite in the parade.

You show 'em, Prancer!

[img]

And there he is, the big man himself.

We'll see more of the parade in the evening.

A very cool and sorta lonesome evening Tomorrowland view.

Yup, more color fun.

I let Jolly Trolley have the wheel. What a stupid mistake.

Because she is one crazy woman driver. I think my spine still hasn't recovered completely.

Waiting for the lighting ceremony. I posted a video of the moment previously in this thread - go check it out if you haven't yet.

Okay now, everyone snap your fingers!

*snap*

Taa-daa!

Now for a little space action.

Um, coat hanger, anyone?

Ho daang, my shoelaces are glowing.

Something about this photo tells me we were having a really fun time.

Back on Main Street again, and just in time to enjoy a wonderful rendition of The Christmas Waltz by the carolers.

I'm the kind of guy who, when presented with such a spectacular sight as this, is likely to bump into people.

"Oh, sorry!"

I could spend hours admiring all the detail.

Before the evening parade, we were treated to two of our own city's high school bands. The first was Esperanza...

...and next was my alma mater, El Dorado! Wohoo!

It was great to see so many familiar faces in the park that day. I played trumpet all the way through high school, so seeing the band again was a pleasure (and my younger brother also plays trumpet in the band currently). Disneyland really brings everyone together.

So it goes without saying that I love the toy soldiers too!

Hi!

Hidden Mickey.

More reindeer.

That's all!

The winter castle has been well photographed in places other than here, so this is all I got.

We were lucky that the wind cooperated so we could enjoy the holiday fireworks show, and then we spent the rest of our evening in Fantasyland. Concluding our visit was the very last Casey Jr. ride of the night. Just as we arrived back in the station, the clock on the Storybook Land Cinderella Castle struck 12, and...

...it was the end of the lion!

Walt: "Hey, something seems a little fishy about the side of the tree..."

"...Yeah, that's what I thought I saw."

Don't worry about it, Walt, we'll fix it. Good night!

The End
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 11-27-2007 at 01:49 PM.

• I Love Disneyland!!

those suspicious yellow things on top of the ticket booths look like some kind of holders (if you go on the monorail you can see they are round with little tubes that come up... kinda like a christmas tree stand) and if I were to take a wild guess.... I would say that we will be seeing some ugly Year(s) of a Million Dreams stars atop the ticket booths at Disneyland just as they are now at DCA!!

get ready for ugly to hit DL!!

Last edited by peoplemover1; 11-27-2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added pic
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

love the report!! thanks for posting!

• Lowering Expectations

I just walked back from campus and it's beginning to snow.

• Disney Starved in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post

It's nothing special really. I'm confident I got it for less than $100. But it fits my needs and I'm quite happy with it, and that's what matters most.

Anyhoo, after traveling all day I'm back in Provo now. The amount of make up work I have to do is scaring me, but I hope to complete this trip report by tonight or tomorrow.

YES YES YES!!! (think When Harry Met Sally diner scene)

That is the camera I just bought yesterday! AWESOME!!!!!
    I SO hoped it had a color feature on it!!! Yea!!!!!!
    $149.99 at bestbuy.com on sale thru Saturday I think!!!
    1GB memory cards are also on sale at RadioShack.com for $9.99
    also thru Saturday!!!

• Bucket List Car

I'm just now getting around to TR's this week; yours is really enjoyable. I love your photo perspective and commentary. Can't wait to read more! Ok, back to the TR...

• Bucket List Car

I LOVE your use of the color accents! Awesome job! Makes the pictures take on a whole new life! Lovin' your trip report!

•   
    • Ralzap

Great Pictures. Thank you!
    Ralzap

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by ralzap View Post
    Great Pictures. Thank you!
    Yes, I agree! Although I admit that the reindeer in the Christmas Fantasy parade creep me out. They just don't look right to me. LOL! But everything else is awesome. Thanks for finishing up the rest of your trip report!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast