Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Pre-Turkey Day Extravaganza: Bands, Parades, Castles and Reindeer, +MORE

Provo
    Tuesday, November 20
    12:30 pm

I looked up, and there was just one link left in my chain.

It could only mean one thing - travel day.

So I closed the door to my apartment room...

...slapped on a bumper sticker...

...and said good-bye to BYU. 600 miles and 9 1/2 hours later, we were home!

Anaheim
    Wednesday, November 21
    7:30 am

The first sign of the holidays at the DLR is, by tradition, the wreaths on the parking structure ticket booths.

My sisters are wide awake and rarin' to go. The one on the right is MiceChatter Jolly Trolley.

We were so early, we got to park in the Pinocchio area instead of in the structure itself.

I thought this was interesting. The tram we walked past on the way to the tram stop had speakers on the corners of each section. None of the other trams we saw had them. I assume they would be used to tell off guests waiting for the trams to stay behind the yellow line, but it's just a guess.

Work continues on, whatever is going on up there on the side of the structure. It's hard to see but there's a guy on this side of the walls.

Flying reindeer Dumbos. If you look closely, the pattern of reflected lights and wreaths are exactly the same on all the Dumbos; just the color of hat and cloth have been photoshopped. Interesting that the Disneyland commercial I saw today during the Macy's parade was the same snowman one from last year.

Good looking bunch, even this early! The others with us are my older brother and a very good friend of his.

Ah yes, Enchanted premiered that day. I might go see it with Jolly Trolley, but it's not high on my personal list of priorities. Nice to see Princess Giselle before the parade, though.

The CALIFORNIA letters have been peppermint-ized.

It's eight o' clock, time to open the gates!

After a dramatic countdown led by a few security CMs, the first guests of the day rush in.

Look at 'em go!

Oooooh!

Jolly Trolley says: "Gorgeous!"

It's still CostCo-licious, but I agree.

We've just arrived, there's so much more to go! Check back for Part II, including Fantasyland, Critter Country and New Orleans, as we continue our spectacular day!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Pre-Turkey Day Extravaganza: Bands, Parades, Castles and Reindeer, +MORE

Nice Shots I love christmas time

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    HA! That make me wish I put the same thing on my apartment door before I left yesterday. Screw finals, I'm heading to the park and I have no idea when I'll be back. XD

Very festive Christmas ears, I love those!

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I love the start to your report!!! How cool and creative! Like Littlecricket said, who cares about finals! You'll have more next semester anyway!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Great update so far! It was good seeing you all yesterday - sorry we had to run off so quick. There's always Saturday!

Cant wait to see the rest of the photos!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I Love Disneyland!!

Hey! great so far.... keep the pictures coming! I can't believe you got there at 7:30!

Thanks so much for the crowding privileges!! It was good to see you... now lay off the Rootbeer!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Found my prince!

Your sisters are so cute!

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post

That is interesting. It might be something new they are trying out on just one tram at this point.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Great start, can't wait for more.

• Minion

Part II

Wow, what a wreath.

Where are all the Dumbos?

Oh, there they are!

So how come they aren't wearing wreaths?

And now an important message from your friends at DOSH.

Wow, barely 15 minutes in and we're already Honorary Citizens!

Here we go!

Wheee!

Whooo, aaare, yooou?

I'm telling you, I never tire of that color accent feature. I like it because it helps me look for interesting patterns and shapes.

Alice is fresh from refurb. The storybook on top of the mushroom looked especially fresh.

Which way? I guess it doesn't really matter!

Help me!

I'm a sucker for the lamppost decorations. You'll see a bunch of them in the course of this trip report.

On to Haunted Mansion Holiday!

Frightfully spirited.

You don't get to see the gazebo except during Holiday, so here's a few of the statues.

We're building up quite a collection of Fastpasses, too!

New Orleans is decorated so snazzy!

Now a quick construction interlude.

A quick peek through the walls surrounding the Disney Gallery/Dream Suite wheelchair elevator reveals...not much.

There was plenty of hammering going on, in between this project and the one next door...

...on the roof of the Riverbelle Terrace.

More to come in Part III. Critter Country, characters, parades, and more await!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Awesome trip report!! Excellent pictures!1 Thanks for sharing them with us.

• Minion

Part III

On to Critter Country, which has been festively festooned with country craft.

Don't lose your Santa ears!

This ride was a complete walk-on, by the way.

Sploosh!

Take me along alligator. I love the assortment of pipes and valves in the lower left, and the black tank with "Sorter Brake Drop 3" written on it.

Puh-leese don't throw me in that briar patch!

I never noticed this before, and I'm glad I did because I like it a lot.

Back in Fantasyland now, for some character shots.

Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum had scarves to play with.

I love the Chinese lanterns in this wreath.

Here's a nice picture of all of us siblings. My younger brother joined us by then, and I'm the nerd in the Imagineering jacket.

Let me say here that I'm having a tough time weeding out photos from the enormous batch I took. I say, the more the merrier, and I hope your scrolling agrees.

Ripley's Believe It or Not: A railroad train can chug on through white and gold facades designed by Mary Blair.

This bird seemed to be enthralled with the reindeer's nose. It made for an im-peck-able shot.

Just because.

There was an empty row in our boat directly in front of us, spawning many jokes about which of us was obese.

Still more to go. In Part IV we'll visit the Reindeer Round-up for a bit, look at some merchandise, and finally get to some parading!

• Cherry Tart

I also never tire of the color accent feature. These are just a couple shots I really like from my camera. I really want to get more.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Great pictures! LOVE the color accent, must get that on my new digital camera. Very cute captions and comments as well

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

What a great trip report! It looks like everyone was having a lot of fun. Thanks for posting all these pictures here too. They're terrific!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast