Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: Autumn in the Parks and a Few Photos

NOVEMBER
    They say that all good things must come to an end and I was sad to see Halloweentime go away. It just may be my favorite seasonal promotion at the Disneyland Resort.

However, I never rode Haunted Mansion Holiday during the month of October. How could this be possible? Oh the horror! Could I really call myself a fan of Halloweentime without riding Haunted Mansion Holiday? It's a good thing they keep the durn thing up until January then. *wink* My first visit in November would right this wrong. Seeing the exterior of the Mansion just gets my heart racing with its awesomeness.

It's such an incredible transformation of the Haunted Mansion. I love it! I had to take a couple more pictures after exiting the ride.

After a trip to the little boys room, the sounds of the Royal Street Bachelors drew me to the French Market, where these beads were just asking to be photographed.

For a weekend, it didn't seem too crowded.

Just to backtrack a bit earlier in the day, I made special note of the horse-drawn streetcars on Main Street. There was an earlier thread here on MiceChat about the Horses of Disneyland and it really got me interested in these wonderful animals.

Here is Ike, one very handsome Belgian draft horse.

I love how the horses have their own name tags, just like any other cast member.

Ike gives his driver a playful nudge on the cheek. Ike's no fool. If my driver was this cute, I'd hit on her too.

Further up Main Street, two streetcars pass each other. Ike is coming up on the left. And Tyson is pulling the other streetcar heading back to Town Square.

Surprisingly, there wasn't a long wait at the Astro Orbitor, so I took a quick flight before heading further towards the back of Disneyland. The Princess Fantasy Faire was my next destination. But before we get to the Fantasyland Theatre, here is a batch of random photos.

There's a real bird on the back right of this bird fountain. Part of me wants to think that the bird wanted to get along with bird sculptures. But I'm sure that's not the case at all.

The mirror ball hanging in the Plaza Gardens Stage.

Coming up next: it's a plethora of Princesses at the Royal Coronation Ceremony and Princess Storytelling.
    Last edited by Armadillo4; 11-27-2007 at 11:54 PM.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Good job on the pictures, thanks for sharing and keep it up!!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Even more great colorful photos, I also like the HMH more great shots there

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post

It's such an incredible transformation of the Haunted Mansion. I love it! I had to take a couple more pictures after exiting the ride.

Ok...how do you get such good dark shots!?!...I can't seem to do it...

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    Armadillo can correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at his photos as hosted on flickr, I believe that the answer is:

50mm 1.8 lens + 1600 iso + 1/50 second shutter speed + the awesome sensor of the Canon Rebel XTi = awesome no flash dark ride shots!

• Cal Poly DL Lover

wow...
    These pictures are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so jealous of ur picture taking skills!!
    can't wait for the rest

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    50mm 1.8 lens + 1600 iso + 1/50 second shutter speed + the awesome sensor of the Canon Rebel XTi = awesome no flash dark ride shots!

*crickets*...
    So, what I'm getting is...I need a new camera for x-mas? lol!

Awsome Pics! They are all SOOO crisp and clear!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Armadillo can correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at his photos as hosted on flickr, I believe that the answer is:

Thanks Frogberto! You've got it all correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    *crickets*...
    So, what I'm getting is...I need a new camera for x-mas? lol!
    Digital SLRs definitely help get better dark ride photos, but all is not lost if you have a point-and-shoot with manual controls. Set your ISO as high as you can (e.g. 400 or 800) and try setting your shutter speed fairly slow--e.g. anywhere from 1/50 or slower. Before I got the Rebel XTi, I had a point-and-shoot with manual controls and had some luck with dark ride photos. Of course, if Santa is able to get you a new camera for Christmas, that wouldn't be a bad option either. LOL!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

NOVEMBER continued

Inspired by a recent Frogberto photo thread which included a short visit to the Princess Fantasy Faire, I decided to look for some Princesses too. So a trek back to the Fantasyland Theatre yielded some photos from one of the Royal Coronation Ceremonies.

And here is the star of the show: Sir Elias!

...what? Were you expecting a Princess?

Okay, here they are.

It's a cute show and if your little one has aspirations of becoming a princess (or a knight), then this will probably be something they like. There's a fair amount of audience participation with the kids, which gets everyone involved and makes for great photo ops.

Parents: remember to dig up these photos when your kids are teenagers and trying to look cool in front of their friends.

I decided to hang out in the theatre for the next Princess Storytelling session. While waiting, I took some photos of this beautiful tapestry hanging in the back of the theatre.

There's a boutique area where your little one can sign up for a Princess Makeover. I forgot to ask how much it cost. There was one girl getting a makeover when I walked by, but the rest of the stations were open.

After a few minutes wait, Lady Lillian came out to help get everyone settled and introduce the Princess storyteller.

Our storyteller this session was BELLE! She's one of my favorite princesses and this Belle is stunningly pretty.

Here is the crowd gathered for the story. The royal staff provides carpeted mats to sit on, which definitely help.

There's some audience participation too.

I actually enjoyed the storytelling session--moreso than the Royal Coronation Ceremony. Of course, I could probably listen to Belle all day long.

Some Holiday pictures coming next!
    Last edited by Armadillo4; 11-27-2007 at 11:50 PM.

Great pics again, cant wait for the rest

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

NOVEMBER continued

You've all seen many photos of Sleeping Beauty Castle, the Christmas Tree and decorations on Main Street by now, so there's not too much point in me posting more. But I'll add pictures from Toontown and Santa's Reindeer Round-Up as these are two really awesome places to visit this holiday season.

This isn't really a holiday decoration, but I just LOVE this sign.

Over at Santa's Reindeer Round-Up, I noticed that Blitzen has a sweet tooth, while Prancer has a healthier appetite.

These props look good enough to eat.

There was a magician named John George entertaining the crowd, which included Chip and Dale.

After the magic set was over, there was a small break before Farley the Fiddler came out.

He gave some kids (and a character or two) a lesson in how to do the chicken dance. It was pretty fun!

And shortly afterwards, the wonderful Miss Chris came out to lead the group with a set of Christmas sing-alongs.

Not only is Miss Chris a lovely singer, she improvises very well! Seeing me with my camera, she managed to work, "time for picture taking" into the lyrics of one of the songs. And to top it off, she got everyone to turn around and "say cheese" for the camera! Just how cute is everyone?

Big props to Miss Chris and Farley! They're an awesome pair of performers and I highly recommend stopping by Big Thunder Ranch for Santa's Reindeer Round-Up.

With that, I'll wrap-up this post. Thank you to everyone for stopping by this thread to look at these photos and for all the comments! It's all very much appreciated! There's a lot of magic, fun and beauty in the parks, and I hope you can see some of it through these pictures. As always, you can click on any picture to go to my Flickr set with even more pictures from the parks.

Great holiday pics, Reindeer Round-Up looks great

• Some imagination, huh?

Wow, thanks for putting in the time to share all those beautiful photographs with you. It's not always usual to see non-candid pictures of CMs and performers.

Just loved looking at all your pictures! Makes me wish I lived closer. Can't wait until my trip to the resort at Christmas to see all the wonderful stuff seen in your pictures. Will have to play around with my point and click camera to see if I can those great dark ride pictures! Thanks again for posting all your pictures.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast