Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Mr. Toad's Wild Tongue

Re: Superstar Limo Video

The first thought I had when seeing the title of this thread was "Why?" ... a perfect waste of bandwith on the internet.

No, not at all: would you say Yesterdayland is a waste of bandwidth?

My family never got to ride it as it had just closed down. I had always wondered about it.

Now I've seen it on video. Don't care for it too much, but now I know what it was like.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by DiRTyBuNNy
    I still am trying to figure out how you were able to film the ride...don't they usually frown on that?

no- I have filmed almost everything I have ever ridden- even asked. They don't care on most things- as long as you aren't using a spotlight, it is usually fine. If they don't allow it, they tell you (Tough to be a Bug, ToT- etc)

edited to add- finally watched the video- OMG that was LAME!!! Embarrassingly lame....
    Last edited by Nephythys; 07-28-2005 at 09:53 AM.

• Mr. Toad's Wild Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around
    No, not at all: would you say Yesterdayland is a waste of bandwidth?

My family never got to ride it as it had just closed down. I had always wondered about it.

Now I've seen it on video. Don't care for it too much, but now I know what it was like.
    I was saying that tongue in cheek... it's well known around these parts that superstar limo supersucked.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMikey
    The first thought I had when seeing the title of this thread was "Why?" ... a perfect waste of bandwith on the internet.
    "Lest anyone forget how sucky it was."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

You're so right. Cindy Crawford DOES look like a hooker. Remind me why I liked this when it first came out? Oh, yeah, because I was 11 and stupid.

• Theme Park Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRTyBuNNy
    I still am trying to figure out how you were able to film the ride...don't they usually frown on that?
    The frowning comes from having to stop the ride because someone dropped their camera, due to the strong forces that the ride creates. Like on Screamin' or Space. None of that here.
    frowning also comes from cameras equipped with strong lighting capabilities, which ruin the ride for others as well as not providing a quality recording of the ride (it's supposed to be dark in POTC in some sections, there is glass in the HM for show reasons, etc.).
    Also Robb and Elissa usualy get permission from the managment of the parks that they are going to film at for clearance to film on the coasters and because they are making a profit off their DVDs. Due to there popularity from the Discovery Channel that is usualy not a problem. - here I thought that Elissa was the only one on the net who liked Super Star Limo -
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Wow? I myself have a video of it at home. I rode the thing twice. Once was at the preview day for DCA. My friends and I got off of it thinking,"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?". Then the second time was on Dec 25 after I had heard from Al Lutz that the rides days were numbered and so I just HAD to video tape the thing.

Superstar Limo, to me, epitomizes what went wrong with Disney's California Adventure to begin with. It was a neat idea when it was conceived, but it somehow lost it's identity in development, and became a misguided mishmash of ideas that didn't gel. SSL was probably one of the worst things to make it off of the drawing board from Disney but not the only one. Light Magic anyone?
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123