View Poll Results: Goofy's Flying Academy coaster and Ratatoullie darkride/coaster. Which do you want?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ratatoullie darkride/coaster

15 20.27%
  • Goofy's Flying Academy coaster

8 10.81%
  • Both rides

21 28.38%
  • Don't like either ride. Disney should come up with something better

28 37.84%
  • Couldn'd care less

2 2.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Off to Neverland

Re: Paradise Pier To Get Both "Goofy's Flying Academy" coaster and Ratatoullie dark r

the more the merrier! ...

Re: Paradise Pier To Get Both "Goofy's Flying Academy" coaster and Ratatoullie dark r

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Great arial view! Thanks. The Little Mermaid ride is going to be buuilt in the San Francisco area and not Paradise Pier. Therefore, the land that it will encompass will have no bearing on the PP section of the park.

As stated in my original post, a new ride could be placed to the east of Mulhalland Madness, where the hot dog stand and sunglasses store currently exist. Of course your photo does not show available space there now, due to the fact that it is occupied by the two aforementioned shops.

The little mermaid attraction building will have a transitional reference from the whimsical victorian elements to the more realistic victorian look of the San Francisco buildings.

The exit will be thru the rotunda the entrance will be on the western side basically facing the area where the zephyr is now. The attraction will basically be considered as part of the Paradise pier area. The building is also suppose to extend back and use some of the vacant land just south and west of the brother bear stage.

the area that is now used for the route 66 shop as well as the dino shack and property in between is scheduled to be expansion area for future attractions that do not require large showrooms.

The retheming Mullholland Madness to goofy's flying academy is suppose to be temporary for future development. There was more than one idea suggestion. One being the ratatouille attraction which would basically fit the areas theming since it would have had eateries and beer gardens right next to it and would had added some nicely themed architecture to compliment the rest of the area. It would had basically removed Mullholand Madness and the ugly dino

That area would also be within the Pradaise pier land so thematically it would fit since piers had a collection of darkride and attractions based on various themes and characters. The lands theme is what thematically places it within the parks oevrall theme of California. It is being based on the many eclectic boardwalks that dotted the California coastline

Other ideas include atractions that would play on the sea theme
    Last edited by Baloo; 11-25-2007 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    Sorry, you're right, RW. I was kinda just looking at that GCH DVC area only. Now that I look at the big picture of the area, Disney could easily eliminate the rest of the GCH lot on that side and use the DTD parking and other areas as parking for the GCH.

Again, sorry for being so pessimistic, I just had to look at the big picture of things

-CBF

The lot that was not included in the red square is part of the GCH expansion.

The parking spaces being lost by the expansion will be replaced by an underground parking structure underneath the new wing of the hotel.

That is the reason for the very large whole in all the construction updates.

The new wing will basically have an "L" shape.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I voted for neither.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The lot that was not included in the red square is part of the GCH expansion.

The parking spaces being lost by the expansion will be replaced by an underground parking structure underneath the new wing of the hotel.

That is the reason for the very large whole in all the construction updates.

The new wing will basically have an "L" shape.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I knew that it was the general area, I just didn't know how much of it was lost.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackTheCOP View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of the swing/spinning rides like the one inside the orange and the Zephyr. They're just two cheap placeholders.
    I love the California Zephyr. However, it is slated for removal in order to make room for the World of Color stadium. The stadium, of course, is far more important. I do not know the fate of the orange Stinger.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    That area you indicate is where Disney's Vacation Club expansion of the Californian hotel will be. So, any new attractions wouldn't be able to use any of that space.
    I doubt that hotel expansion will take priority over theme park expansion - much as Jay Rasulo would be in favor of it. Nevertheless, the Vacation Club individual villas is goimg to be an awesome project! I just think that it is more likely that they will go in at the other end of the Grand Californian. I look forward to the new pool for the villas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    the more the merrier! ...
    Singing Angel. If you're talking about the Vacation Club villas, I couldn't agree more.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

The little mermaid attraction building will have a transitional reference from the whimsical victorian elements to the more realistic victorian look of the San Francisco buildings.

The exit will be thru the rotunda the entrance will be on the western side basically facing the area where the zephyr is now. The attraction will basically be considered as part of the Paradise pier area. The building is also suppose to extend back and use some of the vacant land just south and west of the brother bear stage.

the area that is now used for the route 66 shop as well as the dino shack and property in between is scheduled to be expansion area for future attractions that do not require large showrooms.

The retheming Mullholland Madness to goofy's flying academy is suppose to be temporary for future development. There was more than one idea suggestion. One being the ratatouille attraction which would basically fit the areas theming since it would have had eateries and beer gardens right next to it and would had added some nicely themed architecture to compliment the rest of the area. It would had basically removed Mullholand Madness and the ugly dino

That area would also be within the Pradaise pier land so thematically it would fit since piers had a collection of darkride and attractions based on various themes and characters. The lands theme is what thematically places it within the parks oevrall theme of California. It is being based on the many eclectic boardwalks that dotted the California coastline

Other ideas include atractions that would play on the sea theme
    Great job in supporting the notion of how the Ratatoullie attraction thematically qualifies for being placed at the Paradise Pier area. Victorian themed piers have enjoyed a hodgepodge of various attractions and eateries. Can't wait to see what other new attractions come to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I love the California Zephyr. However, it is slated for removal in order to make room for the World of Color stadium. The stadium, of course, is far more important. I do not know the fate of the orange Stinger.

The golden zephyr is not slated for removal. It is being considered for relocation but not removal.

The orange stinger is staying untouched for the moment and will be most likely themed at a later date to match the existing architecture.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The golden zephyr is not slated for removal. It is being considered for relocation but not removal.

The orange stinger is staying untouched for the moment and will be most likely themed at a later date to match the existing architecture.
    Yeah. It's my understanding that the Orange Stinger is supposed to remain in place. Any re-theming of the ride should prove interesting.

This is the first that I've heard that the Zepher will be placed elsewhere, rather than deep sixed. This is VERY good news. How wonderful it would be if Disney could place it someplace where it can fly over the water again. Then again, it'll be nice to have it anywhere.

The Maliboomer has an interesting story of it's own. One thing's for certain, it is due to bite the dust. Lasseter's parachute drop replacement idea sounds interesting. Time will tell as to the question of what will happen there.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2007 at 11:16 PM.

• Count

I see changing the Sun Wheel and Mulholland madness to Goofy's Sky Skool and Mickey's Fun Wheel as part of the process of leaving behind the "California" theme in the paradise pier area. Further, the Victorian theming in the area is about as Un-California as you can possibly be ...
    I think that the best way to go about it is to rename the park a broad, generic name and tightly theme the lands inside. In this case, I would enjoy having the entrance and Hollywood Backlot be simply renamed Tinseltown, U.S.A. (the glitzy version of small-town Main Street) with Monsters Inc. redone to address the audience more (you know, because it's a show).
    But Paradise Pier I'd rename something like (don't flame me for this, it's just a working title) Mickey and Friends Boardwalk. It's not a California pier, it's a boardwalk hosted by Disney characters. Rides and attractions hale back to classic Boardwalk games, but with a twist ... They are Disney character themed AND better then any other similar attraction. Like Midway Mania, which will be the Ultimate midway game hosted by Woody and Jesse.

Into this setting, a Ratatouille attraction would be alright, if it were a classic boardwalk game/ride/restaurant with a Ratatouille theme.
    "It was worth it if you learned something."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I see changing the Sun Wheel and Mulholland madness to Goofy's Sky Skool and Mickey's Fun Wheel as part of the process of leaving behind the "California" theme in the paradise pier area. Further, the Victorian theming in the area is about as Un-California as you can possibly be ...
    I added the underline... Now that was funny. Boardwalks started in the Victorian Era and California had a lot of them. Most noteably was the Pike, which in it's heyday was known as the West Coast Coney Island! So if anything the Victorian theme ADDS to the California Theme by adding a specific time as well as location to the theme. This was also the height of the Boardwalk/Beach popularity so it really does make sense why they chose it. As far as Goofy and Mickey, I believe they are trying to put classic characters in what will be a classic atmosphere. When you think about the old Mickey Cartoons with the sun rays spinning around it begins to make sense (if that is what they do). Barnstorming refers to the early days of flight, and the excitment of this new "toy" and will easily fit the theme. They still need good bumper cars though, perhaps themed around Huey Dewy and Louie... or Chip n Dale.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Count

Generally speaking, the victorian themes seem to be more evocative of East Coast boardwalks and boardwalk attractions then on the west coast. As you stated, the Pike was known as the "Coney Island of the West" indicating it was in the style of Coney Island, or rather that the East Coast association with the style was stronger. I merely meant that a "California" boardwalk, like Pacific Park, seemed to be the original intent of the makers of DCA, where as now they are making a more-generic boardwalk. I'm certain I'm not the only person to notice this.

Regardless, I believe the idea of a California-based adventure is going to go. It just doesn't work to cover the theming of the different lands and attractions, and the few attractions that directly tie in to the state seem to be dying or losing their connections. For example, Soarin' over California is simply Soarin' on all the relevant merchandising. Seasons of the Vine is defunct, Golden dreams is gone, Superstar Limo died, etc. Meanwhile, TLM, Monsters' Inc., Carsland (I'm sorry, but I don't think RS is in California based on where MacQueen and Mac get seperated followed by the time it takes Mac to reach L.A.) are all there. California? Don't think so.
    "It was worth it if you learned something."

• Banned User

I wouldn't mind the Golden Zephyr, Maliboomer, Jumpin' Jellyfish, & King Trition's Carousel leaving. But Orange Stinger, Sun Wheel, & Mulholland Madness are awesome!

• Minion

Using the “reasoning” that pier amusement parks had dark rides as an excuse to cram any old thing into the Paradise Pier area is extremely flawed. That just becomes a poor excuse for inability to actually be creative enough to hold to a theme.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If they keep the same boring track as Mulholland Madness and just stick some Goofy crap over it, I'd be really disappointed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast