Thread: Autopia

Autopia

Has Autopia updated their cars or adjusted gas pedal. since i visited in 2002?
    I hit a car in front of me on last visit,lifted foot off gas pedal but still kept moving forward, crash. felt terrible.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Autopia

Not that I can tell. Seems to be the same pedal and stopping distance as before.

Just remember to leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you.

Enjoy!

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by nzl kiwi View Post
    I hit a car in front of me on last visit,lifted foot off gas pedal but still kept moving forward, crash. felt terrible.
    I do that sometimes. I use the force though.

I plead with my car, "Please stop!Pleas stop!"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nzl kiwi View Post
    Did you exchange driver insurance information?

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Yes, when they reworked the ride for the Chevron sponsorship they reworked the drivetrains so the engines were electric start, and they automatically shut down after a few seconds of idling. And when you hit the gas to go again they self start and engage.

The problem with the brakes not coming on as fast as needed when the "Go" pedal is released is still there from 1955, and people bump - that's why they have the shock absorbing bumpers.

At least with the old cars, if you knew to pull up on the gas pedal with your toes you could get brakes faster - the CM staging gas pedal on the running board outside could go into the "Brake" position simply by rocking it backward past center.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Yes, when they reworked the ride for the Chevron sponsorship they reworked the drivetrains so the engines were electric start, and they automatically shut down after a few seconds of idling. And when you hit the gas to go again they self start and engage.

The problem with the brakes not coming on as fast as needed when the "Go" pedal is released is still there from 1955, and people bump - that's why they have the shock absorbing bumpers.

At least with the old cars, if you knew to pull up on the gas pedal with your toes you could get brakes faster - the CM staging gas pedal on the running board outside could go into the "Brake" position simply by rocking it backward past center.

--<< Bruce >>--

Yeah, but didn't that occur prior to 2002 (as the OP asked) during the '98 re-do of the ride?

And the shock absorbing bumpers also activate the brake system, in an attempt to keep further damage/injury from occuring.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    And the shock absorbing bumpers also activate the brake system, in an attempt to keep further damage/injury from occuring.
    Uhhh, no... They be just BIG shocks really... And they can take a pounding to an extent. But they ask that you not bump because you can lock the bumper together and they have to shut the ride down and evacuate it at that point.

Yes, I know it is a problem that the breaks don't engage very well. It does take a good car length or 2 to come to a full stop from full bore. Just drive it like a real car though. Yes, the pedal in your car most likely doesn't take 35 pounds to hold down, but it you are going to come to a stop, you do usually let off the gas before putting on the breaks, right? Just think of doing that to same thing on the Autopia cars, but with just one pedal. Yes, you can find the mid spot between the motor giving power and the breaks being off. It just takes a little work.