Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Official MC Thread Killer

Itty bitty Haunted Mansion update..

Hey all!

Just got back from my last day at the parks ( ) but there were a few things noticed at the HM today. First, Leota is floating again as she wasn't the past day or two. And, the Happiest Faces out front was replaced. It's now not the ugly-faded-pinkish-red kind, but just as it was on May 5th. It was also very very busy today (well, should be.. it's a summer Friday!). Space Mountain was down in the morning (not sure how long though, we didn't go back) and Remember... Dreams Come True was canceled this evening due to "high level winds". Just thought I'd share
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    Hey all!

Just got back from my last day at the parks ( ) but there were a few things noticed at the HM today. First, Leota is floating again as she wasn't the past day or two. And, the Happiest Faces out front was replaced. It's now not the ugly-faded-pinkish-red kind, but just as it was on May 5th. It was also very very busy today (well, should be.. it's a summer Friday!). Space Mountain was down in the morning (not sure how long though, we didn't go back) and Remember... Dreams Come True was canceled this evening due to "high level winds". Just thought I'd share
    Thanks. Too bad I didn't see you again today. I noticed the Mansion collage looked better, but only at night with the lighting inside. I would not say it was replaced.. but better lit?

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Itty bitty Haunted Mansion update..

Was there a lighting and thunder storm tonight? I thought it was a different fireworks show somewhere else in town, but the other hostesses said it was a thunderstorm.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Was there a lighting and thunder storm tonight? I thought it was a different fireworks show somewhere else in town, but the other hostesses said it was a thunderstorm.
    I heard some loud thunder during my lunch around 10:15 tonight

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DLCM
    I heard some loud thunder during my lunch around 10:15 tonight
    Yeah, we heard that tonight also. We thought it was an echo of fireworks?

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Thanks. Too bad I didn't see you again today. I noticed the Mansion collage looked better, but only at night with the lighting inside. I would not say it was replaced.. but better lit?
    Hmm... I don't know. I would say that it was replaced thought because it had the normal greenish/blue color all day and not just at night

As far as the storm goes, I didn't see any lighting... but of course, I was surrounded by buildings on Main Street. The announcements made it seem like they were canceling it due to approaching winds/or an approaching storm. Oh well, I wasn't too sad, I saw it 6 times on my trip anyway
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Fireworks Finatic!

There weren't any storms around Anaheim last night, just some winds that obviously made Disneyland pyro people nervous about the fallout. The "thunder" some may have heard after 10:00 was the fireworks after the Angels game at Angel Stadium. They don't have to worry about winds and fallout nearly as much there.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

There have actually been thunderstorms in the area lately, due to the extreme heat and uncommonly high humidity. Luckily for Californians and vacationers alike, there will be a return to the normal summer heat and low humidity early next week.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• OM NOM NOM

I don't mind the heat, just the Humidity. High humidity seems to equal hot nights.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Basking in birthday love

On May 5th, the fireworks were delayed for about twenty minutes due to high winds, as I recall. A girl I spoke with at Fantasmic! afterward said they'll do the parade in the rain, but not when it's windy (because of the fallout); Fantasmic! and the parade go on when it's windy, but not when it's raining (because it becomes to slippery for the dancers).

Speaking of wind, I was there once a couple of weeks before they closed Space Mountain, and it was so windy that the Tomorrowland generator went down. It was really weird.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• something else...

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED! (SHould've known)

I was at the Block and heard pops and hisses like the fireworks around 1015-ish So, of course, I ran around trying to see if it was what I thought it was. I ended up actually seeing the last five minutes of (yes) Remember... They must have delayed them due to the winds and launched them because of fear of angry guests. I'm sure that the view must have been really nice that night with no one waiting for hours to see them.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    On May 5th, the fireworks were delayed for about twenty minutes due to high winds, as I recall. A girl I spoke with at Fantasmic! afterward said they'll do the parade in the rain, but not when it's windy (because of the fallout); Fantasmic! and the parade go on when it's windy, but not when it's raining (because it becomes to slippery for the dancers).
    Not only that, who knows what Cinderella would look like with her make up running off of her. AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Cinderalla looks like Maleficent!!!!! Oh the horror!!! LOL

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Fireworks were cancelled again tonight (Saturday night). We have ridden HM twice this week and Leota was not floating either time.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Fireworks were cancelled again tonight (Saturday night). We have ridden HM twice this week and Leota was not floating either time.
    Good thing this hot, cruddy weather is moving out tomorrow...no fireworks for an entire weekend isn't very good.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak

Speaking of wind, I was there once a couple of weeks before they closed Space Mountain, and it was so windy that the Tomorrowland generator went down. It was really weird.
    Fireworks never got delayed on May 5th becauase I was there. The weather was actually quite nice for that night. The clouds had cleared by about 7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast