Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was looking at the graph that tells when attendance is high and low

It shows the time between thanksgiving and christmas is the lowest in attendance. Is that still the case even with all the christmas stuff out?
    here is where I found the graph.

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/atend.htm

thanks
    Jan

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: I was looking at the graph that tells when attendance is high and low

I've always thought that time period - that between Thanksgiving and Christmas - is the higher bracket in attendance........at least it's always seemed like that to me/us whenever we have gone.........

• Sock Puppet

In my experience that is fairly accurate. Weekends will still be busy, but weekdays will be light the first two weeks of December. It'll ramp up around the 20th, when most kids/college students get out of school and people start their Christmas vacations.

The castle will be a big draw this holiday season. Expect to see a lot of APs on Friday nights and Sundays.

• or CBF

Well, ever since the 50th and all the marketing that Disney is doing now with the YOAMD and holiday events, correct me if I'm wrong, but attendance has never been higher. Is there really a true off-peak season anymore? All this marketing seems to really be paying off.

Edit: Well after reading TheRockr's 11/25 TR just a bit ago, I think I will take this back as he saw no more than a 15 min. wait on a sunday.
    Last edited by caesarboxfan; 11-25-2007 at 10:06 PM.

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Wink Re: I was looking at the graph that tells when attendance is high and low

This graph also tries to explain the fluctuations in DL attendance.:

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• A Weather Eye Open

seems like the weekend directly after thanksgiving is hellish, to me. same with the week or two before halloween; that sucked.

weekdays will always be better, of course, and early december is rumored to be very good (i didn't go during december at ALL last year, but i will this year!)
    as soon as people start their christmas breaks (or even a bit before, as familes with younger children usually have no problem pulling them out of school. someone suggested around the 12?), it's just going to steadily increase, culminating with the two weeks after christmas being a nightmare.

so that graph is kind of boxy... it should look like a a little spike after thanksgiving, drop sharply downward, and then slope upward all the way to christmas and new years (with little spikes on the weekends).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think the wild card is year round schools and kids that are home schooled. But overall, I'd say Tues - Thurs over the next two weeks should be fairly low. But I think you'll see the number jump beginning Dec 17 as larger amounts of students get out of school and families take an early vacation. The week before Christmas, even though some schools aren't out yet, should be nuts.

• Dreaming of Disneyland

I'm heading to Disneyland in less than two weeks, which marks the third time in five years that my family has visited during December. If you go before kids get out of school, it is the perfect time to visit - short lines, everything is decorated and there is very little refurb work because of the approaching holiday. I definitely recommend going then.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I don't know about the weeks as they get closer to Christmas, but this week has been historically quiet for us. We have been enjoying the (lack of) crowds during the week after T-Day for many years.

Yesterday was as predicted. Started out busy but quickly lightened up. Quite a few rides were walk-on. Only a SEVEN minute wait for Nemo last night. Even the noon Meet was quiet.

We'll pretty much own the place for the next couple of days.

And great weather too!

Enjoy!

I usually make sure to go either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday in one of the two weeks following Thanksgiving, and by the end of the night all the rides are completely walk-on.

But I was just looking at the hours for the next few weeks at another site, and it looks like it's all over the place this year. Wednesday's hours are listed as going until midnight. Is that wrong, and if not, what's going on that night, when it closes at 8 the nights before and after, apparently. Unless they're wrong. *scratches head* So, what gives?

• A Pirate's life for me!

I would only go by what the official DL site says, not a third party.

The Guide handed out at the entry gate to DL today is good from Monday the 26th, thru Thursday the 29th and it shows the hours to be 10am to 8pm each day.

Of course, they also have the fine print that says, "All information subject to change without notice".

Good luck!

• Former Cast Member

Overall this map seems to fit with my experience. One thing to note is that it isn't completely consistent with all the parks.

In Orlando, there are fluctuations between days of the week in the parks. I read about this in one of the unofficial guides to WDW. People tend to travel on certain days and then hit the magic kingdom and progress until they get to Animal Kingdom. School groups will go to Epcot and Animal Kingdom so the best day for Animal Kingdom is something like saturday or sunday, Epcot monday and the MK later in the week.
    These probably somewhat follow the graph overall, but just be aware that there are micro-attendance climates.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Nobody was at the parks yesterday and today. Example: We WALKED on to Nemo last night. We did Alice, Casey Jr., Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Mr. Toads, Star Tours, Autopia and Nemo in 2 hours last night.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

it makes sense that before any major holiday or school break, the park will be at its emptiest. Most people just wait until the school vacations to avoid missing classes.

In my experience, the best time to visit was late may, about 2 weeks before memorial day. the park was virtually empty. The week before Labor Day in late August is also pretty light from my experience.

• Banned User

The only thing that graph needs is to note that weekends are a lot more crowded than the weekdays in the "off-season." (Which it actually notes below it.)
    When it shows an average of 13,000 visitors between T-G and X-Mas, that is more like 10,000 during the weekdays and 20,000 on weekend days.

On second thought, both of those numbers seem too low (so the graph's average is too low).

Friday night starts to get busy, as people stop off from their long work week to unwind in the park, and tourists with prepaid admission take in the last few hours.
    Oh, and that page still notes that Super Bowl is supposedly the least busiest day. Not true anymore. Too many people know that urban myth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast